• Founder and CEO
  • TimbilaForce LLC

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I signed up for Trailhead, I used my work email. I am a contract worker and just realized that in a few months when my assignment here is done, I will no longer have access to that email. Is there a way to change my email address, or will have I have to start all over and re-earn the badges I already have?
Hello all,

I followed the directions in the Trailhead module and clicked https://localhost:8443. I received the below error.

This site can’t be reached
localhost refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have internet connection, there is no proxy, and I turned off the firewall. I saw documentation that suggested checking for missing "listen:443". I found it in the nginx.conf file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello,
Can someone help me with module Metadata API, unit Build Admin Tools for Automated Configuration Changes?

The error I'm getting is:
Line 12: Method does not exist or incorrect signature; void add(Metadata.CustomMetadataValue) from the type List

Below is my code:
public class MetadataExample {

public void updateMetadata () {
        Metadata.CustomMetadata customMetadata = new Metadata.CustomMetadata();
        customMetadata.fullName = 'MyNamespace__MyMetadataTypeName.MyMetadataRecordName';

Metadata.CustomMetadataValue customField = new Metadata.CustomMetadataValue();
        customField.field = 'customField__c';
        customField.value = 'New value';

List <Metadata.CustomMetadata> mdtlist = new List<Metadata.CustomMetadata>();
        mdtlist.add(customField);  // Line 12
    }

}

I feel like I'm missing something very basic but I can't find any documentation specific to what I'm trying to do and the challenge is not similar (to me) to the example. Can someone please explain where I went wrong?
Hello,

I create a new Site and Visualforce page form to collect survey data from a public site and insert a record into a custom object. All the records are there with complete data. The problem is that the Authorization Required displays after saving the form. Debug Log only shows which VF pages are being accessed and no error. I viewed as Admin and the authorization error referenced the ID of the record that was successfully created. I've tried every permission from Read Create to Read, Create, Edit, and Delete but same result; records are created but the error page displays.

I haven't tried to redirect from the form after completion, although rerender didn't help. I am using standardController with my custom object. Maybe I'm missing some Apex and need to write a controller? Any assistance is appreciated.
Hello.  I'm new to Salesforce and am following the tutorials in the Force.com Workbook.  The lesson is to create a flow to add a Line Item to an existing Invoice when you press a custom button.  Instead of getting a new page for the new Line Item, I get the "URL no longer exists" page.

This is the URL on the error page:

https://na17.salesforce.com/flow/Add_Line_Item_from_Invoice_and_Update_Stock_Quantity%E2%80%8B?vInvoiceId=a01o0000001EMeC&retURL=/a01o0000001EMeC

And this is the URL in the custom Button definition to launch the flow:

/flow/Add_Line_Item_from_Invoice_and_Update_Stock_Quantity?vInvoiceId={!Invoice__c.Id}&saveURL=/{!Invoice__c.Id}&retURL=/{!Invoice__c.Id}

I'm only following the workbook instructions.  I would also appreciate help in finding the exact error message.

Thank You
Hello all,

I followed the directions in the Trailhead module and clicked https://localhost:8443. I received the below error.

Try:
Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have internet connection, there is no proxy, and I turned off the firewall. I saw documentation that suggested checking for missing "listen:443". I found it in the nginx.conf file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello all,

Try:
Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Hello,
Can someone help me with module Metadata API, unit Build Admin Tools for Automated Configuration Changes?

The error I'm getting is:
Line 12: Method does not exist or incorrect signature; void add(Metadata.CustomMetadataValue) from the type List

Below is my code:
public class MetadataExample {

public void updateMetadata () {
        Metadata.CustomMetadata customMetadata = new Metadata.CustomMetadata();
        customMetadata.fullName = 'MyNamespace__MyMetadataTypeName.MyMetadataRecordName';

Metadata.CustomMetadataValue customField = new Metadata.CustomMetadataValue();
        customField.field = 'customField__c';
        customField.value = 'New value';

List <Metadata.CustomMetadata> mdtlist = new List<Metadata.CustomMetadata>();
        mdtlist.add(customField);  // Line 12
    }

}

I feel like I'm missing something very basic but I can't find any documentation specific to what I'm trying to do and the challenge is not similar (to me) to the example. Can someone please explain where I went wrong?
Hi All,

Can you please tell me how to enable the new email from activity timeline feature in Summer 17?

Per link and screenshot

https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter17/release-notes/rn_sales_productivity_email_replyforward.htm?edition=&impact=
Example is that a customer will send an email to 2 different teams at the same time as they are unsure who is best placed to answer their question.
They type in both email addresses in the TO: field in their email provider... ie test1@test.com, test2@test.com

When they send they will get 2 auto notifications with 2 different case reference numbers.

Can rules be set up to ignore all but the 1st email address in order to only create 1 case?

Otherwise, if it creates more a case for each email address, it will result in more work for everyone and confusion over who is responding etc
Hello,

I create a new Site and Visualforce page form to collect survey data from a public site and insert a record into a custom object. All the records are there with complete data. The problem is that the Authorization Required displays after saving the form. Debug Log only shows which VF pages are being accessed and no error. I viewed as Admin and the authorization error referenced the ID of the record that was successfully created. I've tried every permission from Read Create to Read, Create, Edit, and Delete but same result; records are created but the error page displays.

I haven't tried to redirect from the form after completion, although rerender didn't help. I am using standardController with my custom object. Maybe I'm missing some Apex and need to write a controller? Any assistance is appreciated.
Hi,
I have created opportunity which is there, visible and stage set to prospecting. When trying to complete Trailhead, I receive an alert "The '500 units' opportunity could not be found, or its stage is not set to 'Prospecting".
My colleague, who is SE and who just passed his certification on this area could now figure what is wrong. Any ideas / support?
Thanks!
-riikka
Hi all,
I'm on the "App development with Salesforce DX" module, "Get ready to create an app" unit and then the topic, "Metadata Magic: Pull Changes into your Project" but am failing to understand a core concept.

I have created the salesforce dx project for the geolocation app and a scratch org with the salesforce DX CL. I have also created a Git account to use as my version control system.

What I don't understand is how do I actually pull metadata from my scratch org into my Git repository? The directions the trailhead topic give are:
See my note in bold below. 

As a best practice, immediately commit the source you brought into your project to a VCS. Scratch orgs are ephemeral and temporary, so you always want a backup of work you’ve saved locally.
Salesforce DX is version control agnostic, so you can use whatever system you prefer. Here’s an example of the Git commands you can use with GitHub. Use these one-time commands to initialize the repo and connect it to GitHub:

git init
git remote add origin [github ssh url]

***When I try the "git init" command in my windows command prompt - the command prompt tells me that "git" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file***

These commands commit the file to the repo, master:

git add -A
git commit -m “Added custom object and permset”
git push origin master

Whatever VCS you use, we recommend that you configure it to exclude the .sfdx folder from being added to the repository. This folder holds temporary information for your scratch orgs, so you don’t have to save it for posterity in your VCS. In git, you would add it to the .gitignore file.
Now your updated object definition is safe and sound in your VCS. But it isn’t very interesting without any associated data. Scratch orgs come with some standard data based on the edition you choose. However, it’s important to add some sample data that’s more relevant to the app or artifact you’re building. In our example, the new custom Location field could use some sample data. So let’s use the Salesforce CLI to add some for the new compound field.

I am not seeing instructions or a process to which you actually connect your Salesforce DX project to your VCS. Can anyone help me? Thanks!