• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Salesforce environment deployed and it also contains data. I need to import some additional data into Accounts and Contacts, but I have reason to believe that the .csv that I need to use for the import contains records that already exist in Salesforce.

Let's assume that users have already made changes to some of the existing records, so I don't want to override any changes by using an Upsert.

I'm using Jitterbit to perform this insert operation. So far I've tried to grab a sample set of contact names from my .csv in my [SELECT Id, Name FROM Contact ...] query. The problem is that Jitterbit reports that no records are returned, when I know that some of the contact names do exist in Salesforce because I checked a few manually.

Jitterbit uses this particular query:
SELECT Id, Name FROM Contact WHERE Name like '%Person 1,Person 2,Person 3%'

but it returns 0 results.

I tried:
... WHERE Name IN ('Person 1', 'Person 2', 'Person 3')

but that returned 0 results as well.

Is there some way for me to check multiple Contact/Account names in a single query so I can confirm which records exist already or not? (My import files go into the 1000s)
Out standard Case page layout is being overridden with another visualforce page. In that visualforce page, we are using the apex:detail to display the fields on the page layout.

However, when I add an embedded Visualforce Page to the standard layout, no data is displayed. The embedded page works fine alone or in other standard pages which are not being overridden, but in this page, it doesn't show any data, even simple text.

Here is the Case page override:

<apex:page standardController="Case" action="{!if($Profile.Name != 'Community Partner User',null,urlFor('/apex/case'))}"> 
    <style type="text/css">
        .data2Col, .dataCell { max-width:600px; word-wrap:break-word; }
        .data2Col div, .dataCell { width:700px\9; }
    </style>

<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.project_cloud__jquery_js}" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function esc$(id) {
            return jQuery('#' + id.replace(/(:|\.)/g,'\\\\$1'));
        }
    </script>
    <project_cloud:tree workableId="{!Case.Id}" projectId="{!Case.project_cloud__Project_Task__r.project_cloud__Project_Phase__r.project_cloud__Project__c}" />

<apex:pageMessages />

<apex:form >
        <apex:detail subject="{!Case.Id}" inlineEdit="true" relatedList="true" showChatter="true" />
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

And here is my very simple Visualforce page:

<apex:page standardController="Case"
           applyHtmlTag="false"
           applyBodyTag="false"
           showHeader="false"
           sidebar="false"
           standardStylesheets="false">

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<b>Hello!!! This is the embedded page.</b>

</body>

</html>
</apex:page>

The text doesn't show. Any ideas on why the embedded page doesn't operate under these conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks.