• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

We have some integrations that loads data intosalesforce. These integrations some times load values into the Picklist that are not in the picklist.
HOw do you normally handle this? Is the only way to control this by creating reports and track it and correct it you self? Or can we force salesforce only to accept picklist values that are in the picklist? (I know that this would mean that we loose a lot of data)

Thank you for you help.

Best regards,
Christian
My company has an API connection to an external system which updates SFDC nightly.  How can I turn off its access to the Account object?

The external system is sending incorrect information to the Account object.  Unfortunately, the administrator on the external system has no idea how to change the settings on her side.  So, I want to just turn off the access to that.  I want to keep the other integrations to other objects, though.

I've gone through the profile, which is a custom profile specifically for API.  I changed all settings for Accounts to read-only.  I checked the sharing settings, and there's nothing shared with that profile or a group that the API user is in.  But, it's still somehow able to update Accounts.  
Hi Guys,
We are in the process of evaluating continuous integration tools like Gearset, CumulusCI, and others. I would like to hear the pros, cons of these tools, and your experiences on how these tools are unique compared to others? So please let me know?
Buyan
Hi Guys,
We have a requirement Is to embed a grid of child objects on a detail page. We have to do a visual force page and embed a lightning component on it because you cannot embed lightning components on existing sections on a standard lightning page. On the grid, there is an edit option where we have to pass the record id from visual force to lightning component. Do you guys know how to do it or have done something where you have a lightning component wrapped around a visual force page?
Buyan

Hi Guys,
I am in the process of creating a flow on the opportunity detail record page. This flow would be invoked on a button that would run a flow that would copy data from opportunity and insert a contract. I want to put some validation where I would like to check if the opportunity stage is say proposal, the button is clicked. I want to display a custom validation message on the screen if the user wrongly clicked it for a different stage. How do I display a custom error message from flow to a field on a lightning record page?
Buyan
Hi Guys,
I started my career from Java development background and moved to Salesforce a while back. My transition to Salesforce in the world of Apex and visual force was quick but bumpy because there were some concepts in Apex which I did not know and had to learn in the transition. I am in the process of creating content which would help Java developers quickly transition to Salesforce and would like to get some feedback from you guys. This would  really help java developers to quicly transition to Salesforce(apex, visual force and lightning). Here are some topics which I was thinking which really hurt me.
1. Point and click configuration capabilities of salesforce( workflows, process builders and their impact on custom code)
2. Order of executions
3. Governor limits
4. Soql
5. Development
6. Visual force controllers and MVC
7. Debugging and Development.
What do you guys think are the top 3 things which you wish you had known and saved you time before you had started your first code in Salesforce?
Buyan 
Hi Guys,
I am reviewing apex and visual force code from a client org and would like to know if any body has a code review checklist which is focussed on governor limits. I want to identify key areas in triggers, controller classes, visual force pages, web services which are potential bombshells for future governor limits. Does any one have a checklist for this or share one if you have?
Buyan
Hi Guys,
I have a requirement where i would need to pass a query string from a salesforce custom object to an external web application. The external web application would open in a new window and display a bunch of documents. The external web application requires a unique doc id and authentication information to open a window. Here is my question
1. What are the security configurations i need to do in sfdc to allow sfdc to allow a query string to be opened up in a new window?
2. Does sfdc add or append additional query strings along with our custom url like http://www.xxt.com/doc?id=10 which i need to be aware of?
3. If the external web application supports single sign on, how do we leverage single sign on from sfdc to the external web app?
Please feel free to share your experiences on passing urls with query strings to external applications..
Buyan
Hi,
We have a need to retrieve all metadata and apex classes from a salesforce org and push to a git hub repository hosted on bitbucket using ant. I have used the ant migration tool which helps to retrieve all metadata and apex from the sandbox. I am struggling to create an ant task which would retrieve files from a github repository and commit to it. Do you guys have sample ant build files which can retrieve from github, push, commit and where do we store the login information for github? Thanks Buyan
Hi Guys,
I know salesforce changed the certification exams for the technical architect exam recently and they now have domain certifications. Can any body share a link for the new updates on technical architect please?
Thanks
Buyan
Hi Guys,
 We are looking for an informatica power center consultant who had done salesforce integrations using the informatica sfdc connector for a project which is going to start in 2 weeks. We need some help in setting up informatica jobs using powercenter and integrate with sfdc. So please provide a project which you guys did with informatica powercenter, 3 issues you faced with possible solutions on how you resolved them? Please dont post canned responses and respond specifically to my question above..
Thanks
Buyan
What would be best approach to integrate with extenal system(Legacy)?  For an example,  Contact information should be in sync with both salesforce and our external system. Whenever "Contact Record" is created/updated/deleted in salesforce, it should be sent to external system and vice versa?  
I am attempting to upload 1.4 million contacts/leads. I need to use the api to determine if they belong to an active account before determining if they are a lead or contact. Once that is complete, I would like to add them to salesforce as the appropriate object type,  which would require an additional call per record. What is the best way to achieve this?
Hi,

We are integrating salesforce to oracle 10g using SOAP dataloader. It gives an error. Not sure what may be wrong. Here are the files and information we have, any help will be gretaly apreciated:

DATABASE-CONF.XML
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
<bean id="dbDataSource"
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE"/>
    <property name="username" value="naf6"/>
    <property name="password" value="naf6"/>
</bean>

<bean id="queryAsiento"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryAsientoSql"/>
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource"/>
</bean>

<bean id="insertAsiento"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="insertAccountSql"/>
</bean>

<bean id="insertAccountSql"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
            INSERT INTO SF_ARCGAE (
               ANO, MES, NO_CUOTA , NO_OPERACION , DESCRI1, COD_DIARIO,T_DEBITOS,T_CREDITOS, NO_CIA, NO_ASIENTO,FECHA, AUTORIZADO, ORIGEN,T_CAMB_C_V,NO_COMPROBANTE,NO_PRODUCTO,ID_CLIENTE,NOM_CLIENTE)
            VALUES (@ANO@, @MESES@, @NOCUOTA@, @NO_OPERACION@, @DESCRI1@, 'CONTA', @CREDITOS@, @DEBITOS@, '10', @DIARIO@,@Fecha@,'N', 'SF','V',0,'Test','9999','Cesar')
        </value>
    </property>
    <property name="sqlParams">
        <map>
            <entry key="ANO"    value="java.lang.String"/>
			<entry key="MESES"  value="java.lang.Double"/>
			<entry key="NOCUOTA" value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="NO_OPERACION"  value="java.lang.String"/>          
            <entry key="DESCRI1"  value="java.lang.String"/>           
            <entry key="DIARIO"  value="java.lang.String"/>
			<entry key="CREDITOS"  value="java.lang.Double"/>
            <entry key="DEBITOS"  value="java.lang.Double"/>
			<entry key="Fecha"  value="java.lang.String"/>
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>

<bean id="insertLinea"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="insertLineaSql"/>
</bean>

<bean id="insertLineaSql"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
            INSERT INTO SF_ARCGAL (
               NO_CIA , ANO, MES , NO_ASIENTO , NO_LINEA, CUENTA,DESCRI,COD_DIARIO,MONEDA,MONTO,TIPO)
            VALUES ('10', @ANO@, @MES@, @NO_ASIENTO@, @NO_LINEA@, @CUENTA@, @DESCRI@, 'CONTA', 'C',@MONTO@,@TIPO@)
        </value>
    </property>
    <property name="sqlParams">
        <map>
            <entry key="ANO"    value="java.lang.String"/>
			<entry key="MES"  value="java.lang.integer"/>
			<entry key="NO_ASIENTO" value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="NO_LINEA"  value="java.lang.String"/>          
            <entry key="CUENTA"  value="java.lang.String"/>           
            <entry key="DESCRI"  value="java.lang.String"/>
			<entry key="MONTO"  value="java.lang.Double"/>
            <entry key="TIPO"  value="java.lang.String"/>
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>

</beans>
MAPPING "ASIENTOS"
Credito__c = NO_OPERACION
Year__c = ANO
Pago__c = NOCUOTA
Descripcion__c = DESCRI1
Month__c = MESES
Name = DIARIO
TotalCreditos__c = DEBITOS
TotalDebitos__c = CREDITOS
CreatedDate = Fecha
MAPPING "LINEAS"
ANO = Ano__c        
MES = Mes__c                                  
NO_ASIENTO = Asiento_FK__c              
NO_LINEA = Name                    
CUENTA = CodigoCuentasContables__c                         
DESCRI = CuentasContables__c                                                                                        
MONTO = Monto__c                          
TIPO = Tipo_Oracle__c
PROCESS-CONF.XML
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>

<bean id="databaseAccountExtractProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
        <description>DatabaseAccountExtract job gets Asiento info from salesforce and updates or inserts info into database."</description>
        <property name="name" value="databaseAccountExtract"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
				<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\ProductoSoapTrace.log"/>               
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="salesforce@email.com"/>
                <!-- password specified below is invalid, please generate one using the encrypt.bat utility -->
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="theencryptedpassword"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Asiento__c"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="select Credito__c,Year__c,Pago__c,Descripcion__c,Month__c,Name,TotalCreditos__c,TotalDebitos__c, CreatedDate from Asiento__c limit 1"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf\AsientoMap.sdl"/>                
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="databaseWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="insertAsiento"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="LineasExtractProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
        <description>DatabaseAccountExtract job gets Asiento info from salesforce and updates or inserts info into database."</description>
        <property name="name" value="databaseAccountExtract"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
				<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\ProductoSoapTrace.log"/>               
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="salesforce@emial.com"/>
                <!-- password specified below is invalid, please generate one using the encrypt.bat utility -->
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="THEENCRYPTEDPASSWORD"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="LineaAsiento__c"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="select Ano__c,Mes__c,Asiento_FK__c,Name,CodigoCuentasContables__c,CuentasContables__c,Monto__c,Tipo_Oracle__c from LineaAsiento__c"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf\LineasMap.sdl"/>                
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="databaseWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="insertLinea"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>

</beans>
THIS IS THE DEBUG
C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde>call "C:\P
rogram Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\process.bat" "C:\Program Files
 (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf" databaseAccountExtra
ctProcess
2015-11-30 14:36:06,986 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.j
ava:382) - Reading log-conf.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Lo
ader\Configuracion Funde\log-conf.xml
log4j:WARN Fatal parsing error 1 and column 1
log4j:WARN Premature end of file.
log4j:ERROR Could not parse file [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loa
der\Configuracion Funde\log-conf.xml].
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown So
urce)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unk
nown Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator$1.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:749
)
        at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:866)
        at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:755)
        at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:8
91)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.initLog(Controller.ja
va:384)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.ensureLogging(Process
Runner.java:173)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRu
nner.java:266)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:246)
2015-11-30 14:36:07,095 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.j
ava:391) - The log has been initialized
2015-11-30 14:36:07,126 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (Proce
ssConfig.java:104) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program
Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf\process-conf.xml

2015-11-30 14:36:07,236 INFO  [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareR
efresh (AbstractApplicationContext.java:495) - Refreshing org.springframework.co
ntext.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@1ebd75b: startup date [Mon Nov 30
14:36:07 CST 2015]; root of context hierarchy
2015-11-30 14:36:07,329 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinit
ions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from file
 [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf\pro
cess-conf.xml]
2015-11-30 14:36:07,407 INFO  [main] support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInsta
ntiateSingletons (DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:557) - Pre-instantiating singl
etons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@e6
4686: defining beans [databaseAccountExtractProcess,LineasExtractProcess]; root
of factory hierarchy
2015-11-30 14:36:07,501 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] controller.Controller ini
tConfig (Controller.java:327) - config dir created at C:\Program Files (x86)\sal
esforce.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf
2015-11-30 14:36:07,532 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] controller.Controller ini
tConfig (Controller.java:355) - The controller config has been initialized
2015-11-30 14:36:07,548 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:116) - Initializing process engine
2015-11-30 14:36:07,579 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:119) - Loading parameters
2015-11-30 14:36:08,203 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] config.LastRun load (Last
Run.java:96) - Last run info will be saved in file: C:\Program Files (x86)\sales
force.com\Data Loader\Configuracion Funde\conf\databaseAccountExtract_lastRun.pr
operties
2015-11-30 14:36:08,250 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:127) - Logging in to: https://login.salesforce.com
2015-11-30 14:36:08,265 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] client.PartnerClient logi
n (PartnerClient.java:478) - Beginning Partner Salesforce login ....
2015-11-30 14:36:08,312 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] client.PartnerClient logi
nInternal (PartnerClient.java:519) - Salesforce login to https://login.salesforc
e.com/services/Soap/u/35.0 as user mfeoli@fundecooperacion.org
2015-11-30 14:36:09,685 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] dao.DataAccessObjectFacto
ry getDaoInstance (DataAccessObjectFactory.java:51) - Instantiating data access
object: insertAsiento of type: databaseWrite
2015-11-30 14:36:09,716 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionRead
er loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean def
initions from file [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\Configurac
ion Funde\conf\database-conf.xml]
2015-11-30 14:36:09,810 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:132) - Checking the data access object connection
2015-11-30 14:36:09,981 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:137) - Setting field types
2015-11-30 14:36:12,040 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:141) - Setting object reference types
2015-11-30 14:36:16,627 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run
 (ProcessRunner.java:145) - Creating Map
2015-11-30 14:36:16,658 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] action.OperationInfo inst
antiateAction (OperationInfo.java:95) - Instantiating action for operation: extr
act
2015-11-30 14:36:16,689 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] controller.Controller exe
cuteAction (Controller.java:120) - executing operation: extract
2015-11-30 14:36:16,705 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] action.AbstractAction exe
cute (AbstractAction.java:120) - Loading: extract
2015-11-30 14:36:17,812 ERROR [databaseAccountExtract] database.DatabaseWriter w
riteRowList (DatabaseWriter.java:211) - Database error encountered while writing
 row #1 through row #2 (execute batch update). Database configuration: insertAsi
ento.  Sql error: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java
:112)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:330)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:287)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:753)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.
java:218)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedSta
tement.java:971)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStateme
nt.java:1191)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePrep
aredStatement.java:3414)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePrepar
edStatement.java:3498)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Del
egatingPreparedStatement.java:105)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Del
egatingPreparedStatement.java:105)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.writeRowList(Da
tabaseWriter.java:177)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.AbstractQueryVisitor.writeBa
tch(AbstractQueryVisitor.java:130)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.AbstractQueryVisitor.flushRe
sults(AbstractQueryVisitor.java:123)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.AbstractQueryVisitor.visit(A
bstractQueryVisitor.java:84)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.AbstractExtractAction.visit(Abstract
ExtractAction.java:57)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractActio
n.java:129)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.executeAction(Control
ler.java:121)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:149)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:100)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:253)
2015-11-30 14:36:18,218 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] progress.NihilistProgress
Adapter doneSuccess (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:63) - The operation has fully
completed.  There were 0 successful extractions and 1 errors.
Press any key to continue . . .

Any help I invite a beer!! thanks!
Hi,

We have some integrations that loads data intosalesforce. These integrations some times load values into the Picklist that are not in the picklist.
HOw do you normally handle this? Is the only way to control this by creating reports and track it and correct it you self? Or can we force salesforce only to accept picklist values that are in the picklist? (I know that this would mean that we loose a lot of data)

Thank you for you help.

Best regards,
Christian
How do I check my API usage, I am not sure what is making all the calls and I am getting this notification everyday now. The monitoring report does not give me enough information to fix this issue.

"Your organization has made 13783 API calls within the last 24 hours. This is 92% of your organization's 24-hour API call limit of 15000 calls. You will receive this notice once every 24 hours until your organization's API usage drops below 85% of your 24-hour call limit (12750 calls).

For more detail on your organization's API usage, please review the API Usage Report under the Reports tab.

If you wish to review or change your notifications, the settings can be found in Setup under Administration Setup > Monitoring > View API Usage Notifications.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, copying, or distribution of this email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please delete this email and contact the sender immediately."
I'm an admin to a new org and the previous admin didn't leave much documentation on the current setup. I know there are data integrations that are feeding data into the org, specifically creating new accounts, but I am not able to track down A) the source of the data integration; B) the username being used to feed data; C) where the data integration is from; and D) the mapping of the data integrations.

Is there a way to find all the data integrations for my instance? I've reviewed the login history and I'm not seeing anything telling there.

Thanks!
My company has an API connection to an external system which updates SFDC nightly.  How can I turn off its access to the Account object?

The external system is sending incorrect information to the Account object.  Unfortunately, the administrator on the external system has no idea how to change the settings on her side.  So, I want to just turn off the access to that.  I want to keep the other integrations to other objects, though.

I've gone through the profile, which is a custom profile specifically for API.  I changed all settings for Accounts to read-only.  I checked the sharing settings, and there's nothing shared with that profile or a group that the API user is in.  But, it's still somehow able to update Accounts.  
This question is about ExactTarget - Marketing Cloud.

Is it possible to add dynamically through a Script Subscribers to a Suppression List?

I want to add and remove automatically in a daily basis subscribers to a Suppression List . 

I've read about doing it through webservices API, but anything about doing it with SSJS.
Hi,

When we pull a few months of data over the API, the older the data the slower the pull. We imagine there is some sort of caching on the database. Looks like the threshold is 3 months. If this is true, what can we do to make the pull faster? We usualy dowload 4-6 months worth  of data.

Thanks,
Stelian
Hi all,

We're using Salesforce Marketing Cloud Connector 5.490 which comes along with triggered sends. triggered send may fire as soon as a record meets the criteria of a specific send.

Then, we have a coding running everytime a lead is created. In the final step the class updates a checkbox on the lead record:
lead.put('checkbox__c', true). I can ses on the record coding is working an checkbox is updated.

I also created a Marketing Cloud triggered send with the following criteria: test__c = true, that is checked every time a new record is created or existing record is updated to subsequently meet criteria.

However if the APEX coding checks the checkbox, the triggered send is not fired. If a user checks the same field, the email is send.
Other triggered sends on the lead object are running without probelms.

Has anybody already experiences a similar behaviour? Are there any workarounds?

Thanks!
Anne
Hey Guys- I'm looking to seperate my Hubspot activitity history from my actual Salesforce activity history. Esentially our sales reps have to scroll through all the automated Hubspot marketing activities to determine what their last contact with a lead was. Any ideas to divide the two? 
Hey Developer,
I have so many 10 apex classes and 4 trigger in salesfoce how can i check which apex class or apex trigger pulling the data from oracle to salesforce ???
  • October 08, 2015
We currently use a 3rd party solution - PingFederate with LDS and AD, and would like to move to a consolidated SSO solution using SF Identity and SF Identity Connect with AD.

Does anyone have recommendations for a consultant or Salesforce partner they have used to help with their implementation of SSO using Identity + Communities?
We are using Web2Lead to bring form data entered on our website over to SFDC as a generated Lead. We are using an html code provided by a devloper, but It looks like there is some PHP code issue because Salesforce is not receiving any information. We think the problem is that the PHP code provided in the Drupal docs generates errors. Apparently we're not alone in this but none of the suggested solutions work for us. can anyone help?

We added code to create a SF lead in the submit handler for a Joomla form. When this code is called we get this email error:

Record Information:

city = Arlington
    company = FDGLand
    debug = 1
    debugEmail = tony@fdgweb.com
    email = tony5@fdgweb.com
    encoding = UTF-8
    first_name = aaa
    last_name = bbb
    oid = sam.fisher@hermanwallace.com
    phone = 123-456-7890
    retURL = https://hermanwallace.com/cb-registration/registers
    state = WA
    street = 16404 Smokey Point Drive
    zip = 98223

The curl output and error responses on the connection look good. Any ideas where I could try to get the lead created?

How can a send Case object data to an external web api using a custom button on the Case page? Or are there better options?
Hello,

Looking for a little direction to get my org cleaned up. I've inherited a few years worth of unmaintaned Apex and VF pages that are causing all kinds of problems - the most immediate of which is preventing me from deploying change sets. 

I fixed a number of SOQL related errors for one specific change set, but I'm still unable to delpoy. Apparently my code coverage is only 66%. So my question is: Where do I even start looking to address the gap from 66% to 75% ?  

Short term goal is simply to get a change set deployed. I know longer term we'll need a more comprehensive update to existing customizations.

The options I see are: 
  - Get coverage up to 75% percent (unsure where to start here since I'm just getting a general error message - and no specific classes or triggers are called out)
  - Start deleting classes that are no longer relevant (scary because I'm unsure of what other issues this may cause....)

Any help, or general direction on how to start tackling this issue would be great. Thanks!

Has anyone used rest API to integrate SFDC case info to HP Service Anywhere ticket info? Basically, I was wonering how much time it would take to develop calls to create and update between the systems. Thank you.
  • July 16, 2015