• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all

I am trying to calcualte the sum of values on a custom object "invoice__c" to Opportunity which is a lookup relationship. As it's not MD I can't use rollup summary. The field on invoice is value and needs to be aggregrated the the "total invoice value" on the opportunty object.

Can anyone help, everything I've tried so far hasn't worked.

Thanks
Hi All,

I want to Disabled Ref Id and New Threading Behavior for Email-To-Case. could you please explain the clear steps.
Thanks
Hi All,

I am working on Einstein bot and trying to implement dynamic menu in it. I have displayed the dynamic menu but i am not sure that how to capture the user response from dynamic menu once user selected one of the menu.

Please help.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I got a requirement to group the values in lightning:checkboxGroup.
Exp: 
We have 6 values -- A1 , A2, B1, B2, C1, C2. 
We have to show the above values like this:
A1
A2
<br/>
B1
B2
<br/>
C1
C2

Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I have written a trigger on EmailMessage object. I added a validation on From Address. below is the validation condition.
if(!email.FromAddress == 'test@test.com' && em.Incoming == false){
       System.debug('Testing Email');
       em.addError('Check From Email Address');            
 }
It is working fine in Salesforce Classic but when I switch it to Lightining then it's not working as FromAddress is comming NULL.

I further Investegated it and found that we can use ValidatedFromAddress field for Lightning, this field is visible in field list of email Message but I am unable to save it in the trigger. I am not sure how to fix this isssue.

Hi All,

I got a requirement to implement Single Sign On with Salesforce Sites. It means we just want to provide the access of Salesforce Sites to the user who is authenticated via IDP.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Parteek

Hi All,

We are moving our salesforce org from classic to lightnig but we are still not clear that do we need to move customer portal from classic to Lightning in Jan 20?

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I need help in push source code to scratch orgs in salesforce dx.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I have to integrate salesforce with third party system to get some multiselect picklist values using callouts but we have a client requirement to use Platform Events with it. Now I am not able to understand that what is the use of Platform Events in rest and how we can implement this.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I want to download the content document files in lightning component without preview it.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi Team,

I want to download the Entity relationship diagram from Salesforce. 

Please help me.
Hi All,

I am tring to authorize an org on visual studio code but when I am trying authorize it, I am getting the below error.

SFDX: Authorize an Org failed to run
Try this:
Kill the process running on port 1717 or use a custom connected app and update OauthLocalPort in the sfdx-project.json file.
19:31:13.241 sfdx force:auth:web:login --setalias VSCodePlayground --instanceurl https://login.salesforce.com --setdefaultusername ended with exit code 1

I have Killed the Process on port 1717 and tried it again then I am not getting any error but it is running for infinite time. 

Please help.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I am trying to resolve merge conflicts in visual studio code using SVN repository. I can see below two options as well related to this. But I am not sure how to use these. 
  • SVN: Resolved conflicts for selected
  • SVN: Resole All conflicts
Could you please help me to fix this issue.User-added image
Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I am trying to connect SVN with visaul studio code. I have installed VS Code and SVN, also enabled the SVN related extensions. Now I have few questions related to this.
  • I am unable to add SVN extension to activity bar.
  • How to clone/Create a repository using visual studio code
Thanks,
Parteek Goyal
Hi All,

I want to pass the record id from component to javascript controller on click on account name hyperlink.

<aura:iteration items="{!v.searchResult}" var="acc" indexVar="count">
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <div class="slds-truncate">{!count + 1}</div>
                            </td>
                            <td>

<!--a href="{!'/one/one.app?#/sObject/'+ acc.Id + '/view'}" width="400" height="400" target="_blank"-->
                                <a onclick="{!c.openModel}">

<div class="slds-truncate">{!acc.Name}</div>
                                </a>
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <div class="slds-truncate">{!acc.PersonEmail}</div>
                            </td>
</tr>
</aura:iteration>

Please help me.

Hi All,

I am facing a issue with managed package report type. basically that report type is visible to system Admin and Admin can create report on same record type. But the same record type is not visible to a user and user is unable to see the report created by System Admin based on that Record Type.

I assigned System Admin role and profile to the user to find the issue but issue still persist.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Parteek

Hi All,

I want to take backup of remote site settings for sandbox referesh activity but I am unable to do this.
Please help me.

Thanks
Hi All,

I have created a visualforce page using <apex:enhancedList type="Activity" height="1000"/> tag and embeded this page in lightning component. Now I have added this component to home page layout, it is working fine but it is showing headers two time.I only want to show global header. Could you please help me with this.

User-added image

Thanks,
Parteek
Why do we use component custom event in Lightning, what are the use case of using custom component events.

Standard event like button click can do any work in lighting still we use custom components event, Please explain.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I want to use visualforce page in login flow. I am to understand how to achive this.

Please help.
Hi All,

I want to know that how can we call apex controller method using visualforce javascript in lightning.
Is "sforce.apex.execute" method support in lightning, if not then what else we can do?

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi Team,

I want to download the Entity relationship diagram from Salesforce. 

Please help me.
Hi All,

I want to discuss a business hours senario with you. We are using business hours for calculate Plan date of custom Activities. Our shift timing are 06:30 AM(Monday) to 03:30 AM(Tuesday),06:30 AM(Tuesday) to 03:30 AM(Wednesday) and so on. When I am going to set these hours to business hours, it is throwing the error "Error: Start time must be earlier than end time".

User-added image
Please help me to fix this issue.
Thanks,
Parteek

hi All,
I want to add a pop up window on click when account is not selected. this is a list view page of account. and i am adding a custom button there.User-added image
Hello All,
I am trying to Create a Hello World Lightning Web Component as mentioned in the URL below.
Hello World Lightning Web Component (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/projects/quick-start-lightning-web-components/create-a-hello-world-lightning-web-component?trail_id=build-lightning-web-components)
But in VS code I am getting below output and did some analysis but unable to risolve it please help me how can I proceed further.

VS code output:
Starting SFDX: Authorize an Org

09:42:18.175 sfdx force:auth:web:login --setalias vscodeOrg --instanceurl https://login.salesforce.com --setdefaultusername
ERROR running force:auth:web:login:  Cannot start the OAuth redirect server on port PortInUseAction. 

Try this: 
Kill the process running on port 1717 or use a custom connected app and update OauthLocalPort in the sfdx-project.json file.
09:42:23.367 sfdx force:auth:web:login --setalias vscodeOrg --instanceurl https://login.salesforce.com --setdefaultusername ended with exit code 1
------------------------------Sometimes below error is coming-------------------
use a custom connected app and update OauthLocalPort in the sfdx-project.json file

Thanks in Advance :)
Hi All,

We are moving our salesforce org from classic to lightnig but we are still not clear that do we need to move customer portal from classic to Lightning in Jan 20?

Thanks,
Parteek
Hello All,

I am trying to call other component using aura:method, but getting some errors. I appreciate if you can help.
Apex Controller

public class TestingIntegrationErrorHandling {
    @AuraEnabled
    public static object sampleCallout(){
        system.debug('entered apex');

return object;
    }
}

The controller is working perfect

Parent Component:

<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" controller="CDI_TestingIntegrationErrorHandling" >
	<aura:attribute name="messageLog" type="Object__C" />
    <c:CDI_TestComponentParent aura:id="child"/>
    <lightning:button label="CallErrorHandlingComp" onclick="{! c.callChildMethod }" />
</aura:component>

Controller:
callChildMethod : function(component, event, helper) {
       console.log('calling child method');

var action = component.get("c.sampleCallout"); 
        action.setCallback(this, function(result){
            var messageLog = result.getReturnValue();
            console.log('---messageLog-- ' + messageLog);
            component.set("v.messageLog", messageLog);

});
        var childCmp = component.find("MessagePanel");
        var retnMsg = childCmp.executeMyMethod(messageLog);
        consolo.log('executing child');

$A.enqueueAction(action);      

}

Child component:
<aura:component access="global">	
    <aura:method name="executeMyMethod" action="{!c.executeMyMethod}">
         <aura:attribute name="messageLog" type="MessageLog__c" />
    </aura:method>	
</aura:component>

Controller:
executeMyMethod : function (component, event, helper) {
        var params = event.getParam('arguments');
        if (params) {
            var param1 = params.MessageLog__c;
			console.log('param1  ' + param1);
            component.set('v.messageLog',params.MessageLog__c);

}
    }

Thank you for your help
Hi All,

I am tring to authorize an org on visual studio code but when I am trying authorize it, I am getting the below error.

SFDX: Authorize an Org failed to run
Try this:
19:31:13.241 sfdx force:auth:web:login --setalias VSCodePlayground --instanceurl https://login.salesforce.com --setdefaultusername ended with exit code 1

I have Killed the Process on port 1717 and tried it again then I am not getting any error but it is running for infinite time. 

Please help.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi All,

I want to pass the record id from component to javascript controller on click on account name hyperlink.

<aura:iteration items="{!v.searchResult}" var="acc" indexVar="count">
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <div class="slds-truncate">{!count + 1}</div>
                            </td>
                            <td>

<!--a href="{!'/one/one.app?#/sObject/'+ acc.Id + '/view'}" width="400" height="400" target="_blank"-->
                                <a onclick="{!c.openModel}">

<div class="slds-truncate">{!acc.Name}</div>
                                </a>
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <div class="slds-truncate">{!acc.PersonEmail}</div>
                            </td>
</tr>
</aura:iteration>

Please help me.

Hi All,

I am facing a issue with managed package report type. basically that report type is visible to system Admin and Admin can create report on same record type. But the same record type is not visible to a user and user is unable to see the report created by System Admin based on that Record Type.

I assigned System Admin role and profile to the user to find the issue but issue still persist.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Parteek

Why do we use component custom event in Lightning, what are the use case of using custom component events.

Standard event like button click can do any work in lighting still we use custom components event, Please explain.

Thanks,
Parteek
Hi,

I create a visualforce page.
When some event is executed the follow message are showing in the page:
window.parent.SfdcApp.Visualforce.viewstate.ViewInstance.reload

how I remove this from the page?

Thanks.

Rafael
Hi all

I am trying to calcualte the sum of values on a custom object "invoice__c" to Opportunity which is a lookup relationship. As it's not MD I can't use rollup summary. The field on invoice is value and needs to be aggregrated the the "total invoice value" on the opportunty object.

Can anyone help, everything I've tried so far hasn't worked.

Thanks
Hi Team,

Is there a way to display a live dashboard on force.com site page for a site user (guest user license)
Hi All, I have to write a validation rule that Employee can apply only  for the available leaves if leave is more than available leaves it should show error " You dont have sufficient leaves to apply" Thanks.
Suppose I have 3 opportunity record type :
  1. Type 1
  2. Type 2
  3. Type 3
And I have Different teams like :
  1. Sales team
  2. Marketing team. etc
And lets say I have below fields in opportunity :
  1. Opportunity name
  2. Approval
  3. Amout etc and so on.
So my question is whenever "sales team" clicks on create opportunity of record type say "Type 1", I want to hide field "Approval". How I can do this? Any help wil be really appreciated.
Hi,

Here's the issue I'm currently facing:

I have created a visual flow and hosted it on a force.com site page so that it can be accessed by a guest user profile. One of the functions of this flow is the possibility to "record lookup" from the contacts object: the guest user can input the Contact ID in the flow and he will be able to see basic info of the contact such as name, email, country.

I tested this flow in the Sandbox and it was working perfectly. But when I deployed it to our QA org, the guest user is unable to find any contact record (even though the record exists in QA org).

In QA org I went through all these steps:

1. I checked that the guest user has READ / CREATE access to Contacts, Accounts and my custom object
2. I checked that the guest user has access to all the relevant fields across the objects
3. I checked the Sharing Settings: both in Sandbox and QA, the Accounts object is set to "Private" and Contacts is set to "Controlled by Parent". However, I have no idea why it works in Sandbox but not in QA. As far as I know, it seems it's not possible to create a sharing rule with a guest profile.
4. I checked that the guest user has access to the correct Contact record type (if that matters at all).

At this point, I'm lost and stuck with my project :(

Do you know what could prevent the guest user from looking up a contact record through the visual flow?

Thanks a million for any advice you might have.
i want to insert record xls file using email handler. Any ideas?