• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible any how to make a custom object record undergo approval process before inserting it to object.
i get the following error while saving the below code in a apex class.
Error: Compile Error: Invalid type: ReadResult at line 5 column 9

public with sharing class MetadataController {
public void readCustomObjectSync() {
    try {
        ReadResult readResult = metadataConnection
                .readMetadata('CustomObject', new String[] {
                        'MyCustomObject1__c', 'MyCustomObject2__c' });
        Metadata[] mdInfo = readResult.getRecords();
        System.debug('Number of component info returned: '
                + mdInfo.length);
        for (Metadata md : mdInfo) {
            if (md != null) {
                CustomObject obj = (CustomObject) md;
                System.debug('Custom object full name: '
                        + obj.getFullName());
                System.debug('Label: ' + obj.getLabel());
                System.debug('Number of custom fields: '
                        + obj.getFields().length);
                System.debug('Sharing model: '
                        + obj.getSharingModel());
            } else {
                System.debug('Empty metadata.');
            }
        }
    } catch (ConnectionException ce) {
        ce.printStackTrace();
    }
 }
}

my question is, is there any way to create a apex class which fetches the details of validations ,datatypes and other info. of the fields related to a particular custom object and display them in a visual force page.
I am able to upload and retrieve the list of attachments to my custom object in a table.
clicking on the attachment id in the table takes me to the page in the below image.

User-added image

The problem is with the "Viewfile" link on this page. it downloads the uploaded file without extension instead of displaying it in  browser.
Is there a problem with my browser or its a problem with salesforce.

This same link works fine with Documents but size constraint does'nt allow to upload files larger than 5 mb with Document object.

The "viewfile" link with which i have problems was working previously for other users . i was suggested to use the above link to display pdf attachment on the browser by previos users. here is something which i came through searching for a solution to my problem and the pictures show it worked fine for him.http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/28268/rendering-attachment-on-visualforce-page
i have uploaded a pdf file using document object in salesforce. i am using the below code to display that file in a pop up window in my browser. my requirement is to show only the first two pages of that file and not the whole document in the browser.

<apex:repeat var="dc" value="{!details}">
  <tr>
  <td><a target="_blank" href="https://c.ap1.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!dc.id}" onclick="return windowpop(this.href, 545, 433)"> {!dc.Name} </a></td>
    <td>{!dc.Type}</td>
  </tr> </apex:repeat>
I am able to upload and retrieve the attachments to my custom object in a table.
clicking on the attachment id takes me to the page in the below image.User-added image

The problem is with the "Viewfile" link on this page. it downloads the uploaded file without extension instead of displaying it in  browser.

This same link works fine with Documents but size constraint does'nt allow to upload files larger than 5 mb with Document.
Is it possible any how to make a custom object record undergo approval process before inserting it to object.
i get the following error while saving the below code in a apex class.
Error: Compile Error: Invalid type: ReadResult at line 5 column 9

public with sharing class MetadataController {
public void readCustomObjectSync() {
    try {
        ReadResult readResult = metadataConnection
                .readMetadata('CustomObject', new String[] {
                        'MyCustomObject1__c', 'MyCustomObject2__c' });
        Metadata[] mdInfo = readResult.getRecords();
        System.debug('Number of component info returned: '
                + mdInfo.length);
        for (Metadata md : mdInfo) {
            if (md != null) {
                CustomObject obj = (CustomObject) md;
                System.debug('Custom object full name: '
                        + obj.getFullName());
                System.debug('Label: ' + obj.getLabel());
                System.debug('Number of custom fields: '
                        + obj.getFields().length);
                System.debug('Sharing model: '
                        + obj.getSharingModel());
            } else {
                System.debug('Empty metadata.');
            }
        }
    } catch (ConnectionException ce) {
        ce.printStackTrace();
    }
 }
}

I am able to upload and retrieve the list of attachments to my custom object in a table.
clicking on the attachment id in the table takes me to the page in the below image.

User-added image

This same link works fine with Documents but size constraint does'nt allow to upload files larger than 5 mb with Document object.

The "viewfile" link with which i have problems was working previously for other users . i was suggested to use the above link to display pdf attachment on the browser by previos users. here is something which i came through searching for a solution to my problem and the pictures show it worked fine for him.http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/28268/rendering-attachment-on-visualforce-page
i have uploaded a pdf file using document object in salesforce. i am using the below code to display that file in a pop up window in my browser. my requirement is to show only the first two pages of that file and not the whole document in the browser.

<apex:repeat var="dc" value="{!details}">
  <tr>
  <td><a target="_blank" href="https://c.ap1.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!dc.id}" onclick="return windowpop(this.href, 545, 433)"> {!dc.Name} </a></td>
    <td>{!dc.Type}</td>
  </tr> </apex:repeat>
I am able to upload and retrieve the attachments to my custom object in a table.
clicking on the attachment id takes me to the page in the below image.User-added image

This same link works fine with Documents but size constraint does'nt allow to upload files larger than 5 mb with Document.
Hi there,

I Save my email attachment(a smal pdf file) into the attachment object, now i want to display the attachment body in my VisualForce Page,

<apex: outputfield value="{!Attachment.Body}" /> Not works coz it is base64 field...

any way to display the pdf file in my page? any code example of that, like 's-control' or something

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by Feng on 05-25-2008 05:09 PM
  • May 25, 2008