• 25 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've noticed that when displaying the sidebar on a custom visuaforce page using <apex:page ... sidebar="true"> or omitting the sidebar parameter, that I can't collapse the sidebar.  I see the handles to collapse it but they don't do anything when clicked.  The collapse sidbebar setting is enabled in the User Interface customization in Setup and it collapses fine on standard Salesforce pages.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a "feature"?

Thanks in advance,
David
I've been trying to install an unmanaged package into our Partner Test Environment and the install is failing with the following message: 

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again. 
None of the data or setup information in yoursalesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error. 
If this error persists, contact salesforce.comSupport through your normal channels and reference number: 1396931057-15838 (7800446)" 

I found some Apex classes that had our dev org namespace prefix, I removed them and then recreated and uploaded the package and it still fails.

Any assistance as to why this is failing would be greatly appreciated.

I have a business scenario that I’m having problems designing a solution for.  I have four custom objects that I'm using to track assignment of toll passes to vehicles and record toll transactions for those passes:

vehicle__c
toll_pass__c
vehicle_to_pass_assignment __c (fields: vehicle_ID, toll_pass_ID)
toll_transactions__c (fields: toll_pass, transaction_date, transaction_amount)

The scenario I'm trying to allow for is that a particular toll pass may be assigned to more than one vehicle during a given time frame (say a month).  I have to be able to import the transaction history for a given toll pass over that time frame and generate a report by vehicle that lists all the transactions for all the passes that were assigned to that vehicle over that time frame.

I'm not quite sure how to approach this schema wise, some options I'm considering:

1) Add an effective start and end date field to each record in vehicle_to_pass_assignment and write triggers to end date the applicable record when a device is re-assigned to a different vehicle). Then develop a report that lists all the transactions that were attributed to that vehicle during the reporting time frame by querying the vehicle_to_pass_assignment object.

2) Eliminate the vehicle_to_pass_assignment object and make the toll_pass a lookup relationship on the vehicle object and then use historical field tracking to try to generate the correct report by using the transaction date and the vehicle to toll pass relationship history to correctly group the transactions by vehicle.

3) A variant of #1 or #2: Add vehicle lookup relationship field to the toll_transaction object and develop some sort of custom import that finds the correct vehicle to toll pass assignment by either querying the vehicle to device relationship field history or the vehicle_to_pass_assignment object.

I'm not sure if any or all of the options above are techincally possible  or preferable or what the level of difficulty would be for any of them.  I would appreciate any advice or to be pointed to someone whose tackled a similiar problem.  I'm not even sure how to search for this type of scenario; at a previous company we called this concept "date spanning" and used SQL server as our platform - I don't know if there's a comparible or more correct term in the force.com vernacular.

Thanks,

David

I'm very new to SF development and am working on a small integration project using a VBA macro in Outlook.  I want to fill an array with 3 items from a custom object (Vehicle__c) which has a lookup relationship with another custom object (Device__c), I want the Vehicle__c.Id, Device__c.ID and Device__c.Name__c.   I'm using the following SOQL which when I test in the Force.com Explorer returns the 3 fields queried but the Name of the related object is resturned as a hyperlink that I have to click on to see the name.

SOQL: SELECT Id, Device__c, Device__r.Name__c FROM Vehicle__c where IsDeleted = false

My VBA code below never finds the device__r.Name__c from the query result.  In fact when I watch the variables in the debugger I can see every field name in every object in the Query Result (actually the Fields[] array of the SObject4), why don't I just get back the 3 fields I asked for in the query?  Any help regarding retrieving the Name of the related record would be greatly appreciated.

Dim qr As QueryResultSet4
    Dim v, r As Variant
    Dim f As Field4
    Dim s As SObject4

If loggedIn Then
        Set qr = g_sfApi.Query("SELECT Id, Device__c, Device__r.Name__c FROM Vehicle__c where IsDeleted = false", False)
        i = 0
        ReDim vehDeviceMap(qr.Size - 1, 2)
        For Each v In qr
            Set s = v
            For Each r In s.Fields
                Set f = r
                If f.Name = "Id" Then
                    vehDeviceMap(x, 0) = CStr(f.value)
                ElseIf f.Name = "ttdevtest__Device__c" Then
                    vehDeviceMap(x, 1) = CStr(f.value)
                ElseIf f.Name Like "ttdevtest__Device__r.ttdevtest__Name__c" Then 'This ElseIF Statement is never true
                    vehDeviceMap(x, 2) = CStr(f.value)
                End If
            Next r
            i = i + 1
        Next v
    End If

I've noticed that when displaying the sidebar on a custom visuaforce page using <apex:page ... sidebar="true"> or omitting the sidebar parameter, that I can't collapse the sidebar.  I see the handles to collapse it but they don't do anything when clicked.  The collapse sidbebar setting is enabled in the User Interface customization in Setup and it collapses fine on standard Salesforce pages.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a "feature"?

Thanks in advance,
David
I've been trying to install an unmanaged package into our Partner Test Environment and the install is failing with the following message: 

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again. 
None of the data or setup information in yoursalesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error. 
If this error persists, contact salesforce.comSupport through your normal channels and reference number: 1396931057-15838 (7800446)" 

I found some Apex classes that had our dev org namespace prefix, I removed them and then recreated and uploaded the package and it still fails.

Any assistance as to why this is failing would be greatly appreciated.

I have a business scenario that I’m having problems designing a solution for.  I have four custom objects that I'm using to track assignment of toll passes to vehicles and record toll transactions for those passes:

vehicle__c
toll_pass__c
vehicle_to_pass_assignment __c (fields: vehicle_ID, toll_pass_ID)
toll_transactions__c (fields: toll_pass, transaction_date, transaction_amount)

The scenario I'm trying to allow for is that a particular toll pass may be assigned to more than one vehicle during a given time frame (say a month).  I have to be able to import the transaction history for a given toll pass over that time frame and generate a report by vehicle that lists all the transactions for all the passes that were assigned to that vehicle over that time frame.

I'm not quite sure how to approach this schema wise, some options I'm considering:

1) Add an effective start and end date field to each record in vehicle_to_pass_assignment and write triggers to end date the applicable record when a device is re-assigned to a different vehicle). Then develop a report that lists all the transactions that were attributed to that vehicle during the reporting time frame by querying the vehicle_to_pass_assignment object.

2) Eliminate the vehicle_to_pass_assignment object and make the toll_pass a lookup relationship on the vehicle object and then use historical field tracking to try to generate the correct report by using the transaction date and the vehicle to toll pass relationship history to correctly group the transactions by vehicle.

3) A variant of #1 or #2: Add vehicle lookup relationship field to the toll_transaction object and develop some sort of custom import that finds the correct vehicle to toll pass assignment by either querying the vehicle to device relationship field history or the vehicle_to_pass_assignment object.

I'm not sure if any or all of the options above are techincally possible  or preferable or what the level of difficulty would be for any of them.  I would appreciate any advice or to be pointed to someone whose tackled a similiar problem.  I'm not even sure how to search for this type of scenario; at a previous company we called this concept "date spanning" and used SQL server as our platform - I don't know if there's a comparible or more correct term in the force.com vernacular.

Thanks,

David

I'm very new to SF development and am working on a small integration project using a VBA macro in Outlook.  I want to fill an array with 3 items from a custom object (Vehicle__c) which has a lookup relationship with another custom object (Device__c), I want the Vehicle__c.Id, Device__c.ID and Device__c.Name__c.   I'm using the following SOQL which when I test in the Force.com Explorer returns the 3 fields queried but the Name of the related object is resturned as a hyperlink that I have to click on to see the name.

SOQL: SELECT Id, Device__c, Device__r.Name__c FROM Vehicle__c where IsDeleted = false

My VBA code below never finds the device__r.Name__c from the query result.  In fact when I watch the variables in the debugger I can see every field name in every object in the Query Result (actually the Fields[] array of the SObject4), why don't I just get back the 3 fields I asked for in the query?  Any help regarding retrieving the Name of the related record would be greatly appreciated.

Dim qr As QueryResultSet4
    Dim v, r As Variant
    Dim f As Field4
    Dim s As SObject4

If loggedIn Then
        Set qr = g_sfApi.Query("SELECT Id, Device__c, Device__r.Name__c FROM Vehicle__c where IsDeleted = false", False)
        i = 0
        ReDim vehDeviceMap(qr.Size - 1, 2)
        For Each v In qr
            Set s = v
            For Each r In s.Fields
                Set f = r
                If f.Name = "Id" Then
                    vehDeviceMap(x, 0) = CStr(f.value)
                ElseIf f.Name = "ttdevtest__Device__c" Then
                    vehDeviceMap(x, 1) = CStr(f.value)
                ElseIf f.Name Like "ttdevtest__Device__r.ttdevtest__Name__c" Then 'This ElseIF Statement is never true
                    vehDeviceMap(x, 2) = CStr(f.value)
                End If
            Next r
            i = i + 1
        Next v
    End If