• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, this is doing my head in.

I am trying to deploy a really simple class and a trigger which is working fine in my developer org across to my production org. I'm using the Force.com IDE in Eclipse.

When I go to deploy it I always get "The specified Package Version number does not exist for that Package".

Well that's true - I have a managed package installed in my DE which is newer than the version in my prod org, BUT (for this class) I DO NOT CARE. The new class has nothing whatever to do with the managed packages (which are the not-for-profit stuff from SFDC foundation, if that matters).

The class really is NOT dependant on the managed package, but I can't convince the deployment wizard that this is the case.

I've tried deleting the "packageVersions" entries in the class metadata XML, but they always come back again - even if I try to push the class back to the DE, the metadata always seems to flow back in the wrong direction.

I'm changed them to match the old package version that I have in my Production org, but they always get reset again.

In the DE org itself, I can see where these packageVersions dependencies get set, but I can't change them there - or remove them.

I don't want to upgrade the managed package in the production org (too risky), and I can't downgrade the version in my DE (it's deprecated).
 I just want to allow the deployment to continue regardless of this irrelevant package being different.

Any ideas?