• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom object called Service Orders which has look up reltaionship to Account object ( parent ). Org wide defaults for the Service Order is Private and same for Account.Some of the service orders have different owner than the owner of the account that they are related to.

Question: How can i share all the service orders  related to an account with that account owner. What can i do for the Account owner to be able to see the all the related service orders regardless of the owner of the Service order?
  • December 16, 2014
Hello all,

I have a custom object called Service Orders which has look up reltaionship to Account object ( parent ). Org wide defaults for the Service Order is Private and same for Account.
Question: How can i share all the service orders  related to an account with that account owner.
  • December 16, 2014
I have a custom object called Service Orders which has look up reltaionship to Account object ( parent ). Org wide defaults for the Service Order is Private and same for Account.Some of the service orders have different owner than the owner of the account that they are related to.

Question: How can i share all the service orders  related to an account with that account owner. What can i do for the Account owner to be able to see the all the related service orders regardless of the owner of the Service order?
  • December 16, 2014

Hi I have the trigger below to populate a child field from a parent object field. Upon firing the trigger gives a NULL Pointer error. I have tried severally to for a solution to it but to no avail. Could someone help me with an explanation as to why the error and suggestion to a solution. Thanks.

trigger populateFieldOnCase on Case (before insert){

Set<id>parentIds = new Set<id>();

for(Case acase:trigger.new){

parentIds.add(acase.project__c);
}
Map<id,parent__c> pro = new Map<id,parentt__c>([select id,parentField__c from parent__c where id in :parentIds]);

for(case acase:trigger.new){

acase.childfield__c = pro.get(acase.id).parentField__c;

}
}

• August 26, 2013