• 15 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We recently went live with our Community Portal that is hosted at ourcompany.force.com. With that, we installed an SSL certificate for this portal through salesforce.com > setup > security controls > Certificate and Key Management. The only problem is that the salesforce.com portal does not have a way to install the Intermediate (Leaf) CA which is associated with our SSL cert. If we connect to our portal with Firefox or if we run a Qualys/Symantec SSL check, the browser/SSL Check throw an error about chain validation. The reason why IE doesn't show an error is that IE ships with many Intermediate CAs already embedded which is a security no-no. I've opened up many support tickets with salesforce.com but they keep on telling me this is a dev issue which I disagree. Has anyone else come across this issue since 99% of the SSL market now have Intermeidate CAs associated with their SSL certs?

Thanks!

We recently went live with our Community Portal that is hosted at ourcompany.force.com. With that, we installed an SSL certificate for this portal through salesforce.com > setup > security controls > Certificate and Key Management. The only problem is that the salesforce.com portal does not have a way to install the Intermediate (Leaf) CA which is associated with our SSL cert. If we connect to our portal with Firefox or if we run a Qualys/Symantec SSL check, the browser/SSL Check throw an error about chain validation. The reason why IE doesn't show an error is that IE ships with many Intermediate CAs already embedded which is a security no-no. I've opened up many support tickets with salesforce.com but they keep on telling me this is a dev issue which I disagree. Has anyone else come across this issue since 99% of the SSL market now have Intermeidate CAs associated with their SSL certs?

Thanks!