• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Friends,

Having 15 years of experience with All major Microsoft tools and techniques. 
Starting this year gone throught few knowledgebase related to Salesforce and I was impressed with those article. So I decided to dip more into this. First I purhcased 2-3 udemy courses and completed them. Then I started with trailhead Trails. Until now covered basic admin, dev, Intermediate admin. Also goen through Apex, Triggers, import export, chatters, etc... I have 29725 Points with 19 Badges as of now.

Can someone show me correct path for me now?

To explore further I want to work on some real projects (FOR FREE??? YES). My Microsoft knowledger might be helpfull for your projects. Also I am not completely new to Salesforce. Do you have any other option or suggestion for me?

If yes, please share

Thanks
Hello,
I am not able to complete following challange.

Developer Beginner -> Process Automation->Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder

Step 1Step 2Step 3Step 4Step 5
Tried all variations like "Updated records meet all conditions" and "No criteria—just update the records!". 
"Conditions are met" and "No criteria—just execute the actions!"

Please help
Hello!!
In first field user will enter a time and second field will be picklist with value CST,MST,PST,IST according to user entered time, the four other  fields should be populated with CST time Value, PST time Value,MST time value and IST time value in formula..
Hi,
I have a javascript button on click event on opportunity object...it works well..
Now i want if stagename = 'ABC', only then it gets enable ...otherwise it should be hidden or greyed out...
any help will be appreciated...
Thanks in advance!!!

Hello Friends,

Having 15 years of experience with All major Microsoft tools and techniques. 
Starting this year gone throught few knowledgebase related to Salesforce and I was impressed with those article. So I decided to dip more into this. First I purhcased 2-3 udemy courses and completed them. Then I started with trailhead Trails. Until now covered basic admin, dev, Intermediate admin. Also goen through Apex, Triggers, import export, chatters, etc... I have 29725 Points with 19 Badges as of now.

Can someone show me correct path for me now?

To explore further I want to work on some real projects (FOR FREE??? YES). My Microsoft knowledger might be helpfull for your projects. Also I am not completely new to Salesforce. Do you have any other option or suggestion for me?

If yes, please share

Thanks
Hello Folks,

I have to remove all Chars from an Field so .. whats the Similar Code  from the
Apex Code: replaceAll('[0-9]', '')
in an Formula? 

best regards john 
Hello,
I am not able to complete following challange.

Developer Beginner -> Process Automation->Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder

Step 1Step 2Step 3Step 4Step 5
Tried all variations like "Updated records meet all conditions" and "No criteria—just update the records!". 
"Conditions are met" and "No criteria—just execute the actions!"

Please help
Does anyone know why our Javascript code works only on the 2nd to nth try in SFDC, but on 1st attempt in stand-alone HTML?

We are creating "button" that executes Javascript to copy certain contents of a Case into the clipboard. The same result is seen under Chrome, IE, Safari, and Firefox.

The problem code we're attaching to the button is below.  Works 2nd to nth try:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/38.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/38.0/apex.js")}

console.log('browser supports copy?: ' + document.queryCommandSupported("copy"));

var text = 'Ticket #: {!Case.Id}\n';

//window.prompt("Copy to clipboard: Ctrl+C, Enter", text);

var tempInput = document.createElement("textarea");
tempInput.setAttribute('id', 'copyid');
tempInput.value = text;
document.body.appendChild(tempInput);

i = document.getElementById('copyid');
i.select();

try {
    var result = document.execCommand("Copy");

// clicking button this JS is embedded in first time results in a FALSE
    // clicking button this JS is embedded in second to nth time results in a TRUE
    console.log('execcommand copy result: ' + result);
}
catch (e) {
    console.log('Copy exception: ' + e);
}

And here is the same code in a standalone HTML which works 1st to nth click:
<script>

function doit() {

console.log ('browser supports copy?: ' + document.queryCommandSupported("copy"));

var text = 'blah blah';
    var tempInput = document.createElement("textarea");
    tempInput.setAttribute('id', 'copyid');
    tempInput.value = text;
    document.body.appendChild(tempInput);
    document.getElementById('copyid').select();

try {
        var result = document.execCommand("copy", false, null);
        // clicking button this JS is embedded in first time results in a FALSE
        // clicking button this JS is embedded in second to nth time results in a TRUE
        console.log('execcommand copy result: ' + result);
    }
    catch (e) {
        console.log('Copy exception: ' + e);
    }

document.body.removeChild(tempInput);

</script>

<input type="button" value="copy text" onClick="doit()">

We cannot do calculation in step # 3 in Salesforce due to its limitation of handling very large numbers.

CreatingExampleChart
   a10
 System number10Bx939c5543TqA1144Mb11
 Account Number999143xc12
   d13
Step 1Conversion using chart1011329391255432926101144229914333e14
   f15
Step 2Add 00 at end101132939125543000000000000000000000g16
   h17
Step 3Divide by 971042617929129312294946332267952920.618556701030928i18
 Truncate the remainder to 3 digits.618j19
 Multiply by 9759.946k20
 Round to the nearest whole number60l21
   m22
   n23
   o24
   p25
   q26
   r27
   s28
   t29
   u30
   v31
   w32
   x33
   y34
   z35

Any help will be really appreciated
I get this error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Suggestion custom object does not contain the correct set of custom fields. Tip: check for typos in the field names.

I've followed all steps, went back and rechecked, and then redid the entire challenge. I can't get it to pass. What am I doing wrong? I have included all custom fields and spelled them correctly.
I am beginner :  Not able to solve Trailhead challange for-Developer Beginner :Process Automation-Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder
"
Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated.
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:
Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.
NOTE: You may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge) in order to complete this challenge."

What I had tried 
Deleted validation rule on contact  from previous challange.
 Using Process builder created new Process with below details
Object: Account
Criteria:'Update Address' with condidtion

Field: selected shipping street, city, state,postalcode and country
Operator: Ischanged
Type: boolean
value: true

Condition:
Any condition met (OR)

For Immediate action
Action name: Mailing address change
Records: Account.contacts
Criteria for Updating Records:No criteria—just update the records!

Set new field values for the records you update:

Field: selected Mailing street, city, state,postalcode and country
Type: Reference
value:  selected shipping street, city, state,postalcode and country

after this saved and activated. So Once I check challange got below error:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."

So Please help.

Hello Everyone,

I am graduate student with Master's degree in Computer Science. I completed my Developer certification and looking for full time opportunities at entry level position. I am trying hard but everyone is asking for 2 or 3 years of experience, I have around 1 year of experience. I am very passionate and exicted to start my career with salesforce profile but I need a break. 
I know I am well qualified as a developer and passion for problem solving and thinking out of the box, Just need one chance to prove myself.
If anyone as any open position please let me know, I will be very happy to discuss and for your help.

Email: vvs.shelar@gmail.com
Phone: 5305888881

Best Regards,
Vishal
I'm having trouble getting the solution correct for this report filter challenge.  Until now, all of the Trailhead challenges have been somewhat easy, but I'm stuck on this one.  I feel like I've tried every possible combination of filter and filter logic, but I can't get this one aspect to work correctly.

This aspect of the challenge reads, "The report should have filters for opportunities of an Amount greater than $25000 USD and opportunities where the Stage is not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost."  

The error message that I keep getting is "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Please check that you have a filter for Stages that are not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost."

How should I set up my filters?  I feel like I've tried everything, but I'm obviously missing something.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.
Apex Debug Log Detail
User	Ken Koellner	Date	10/1/2013 10:20:15 AM EDT
Status	Success	Application	Unknown
Request Type	Api	Operation	SerialBatchApexRangeChunkHandler
Duration (ms)	163,082	Log Size (bytes)	16,757
Log	

27.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
10:22:57.875 (162875309000)|EXECUTION_STARTED

10:22:58.074 (163074777000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Subtracting finished time from setart time, I get 199ms.  How come it says duration is 163,082 ms ?

We developed and implimented Salesforce but now need more and future development.

We are not utilizing Salesforce as well as we should be and we need to add a new company as well.

Please do respond quickly if you can help. We are located in Florida and use the cloud.

Regards,

Roderick Kabel

Marketing & SEO Director

• April 22, 2013
Hello All -

I am importing accounts with the import wizard. The data is culled from an old homegrown system and there is a need to know the YTD sales.  I have created a custom field for YTD sales. However there are some negative numbers in the report. So when I start the import process and map that field and complete all the importing steps, i get an error that tells me none of the negative figures will be imported.

Any idea on what I am doing wrong? Or what I need to add to that field to accept those negative figures?

Thank you!
  • April 17, 2008