• 25 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The API standard report that Salesforce provides is to general to be of any use to me. I've had problems in my org where periodically extremely large API calls will crop up out of nowhere, and put us over our limit. The latest instance of this was 1 week ago, a API call (40,000) was counted on a Thursday. But that's all I can see, which doesn't help me at all. I can't ask for my IT's team assistance because I don't have enough details on when the call was made on that day. Otherwise they would have to comb through huge log files for a 24 hour period - something totally out of the question. 
I NEED a way to get specifc information on the date/time of a API call. I'm really really hoping someone has information on how to get that - Salesforce inquiries all lead me here, they won't assist because its a 'development issue'. 

Thanks in advance,
I've been scouring through release notes and blogs, trying to find anything  that has detailed information on Enhanced Email. (or, Email-To-Case for orgs using this future before ehanced email was released)
What I'm trying to find out is if all of my org's activities that are Tasks, and the Task type is "email" - if there is a way to convert (or dataload) those tasks to the new email object? Any tips on how to do that would be great. 

Quote PDF Custom Javascript Button Issues
My custom button is being used on the quote page to render the standard Salesforce PDF Overlay and also assign a quote template ID.  The 'Save to Quote' button on the bottom of the overlay isn't working. The other buttons 'Save & Email Quote' and 'Cancel' are both working correctly. Can someone help?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var pdfOverlay = QuotePDFPreview.quotePDFObjs['quotePDFOverlay']; pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents='<input value="Save to Quote"class="btn"name="save"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').SavePDF(\'0,\'0\');"title="Save to Quote" type="button"/><input value="Save and Email Quote" class="btn" name="saveAndEmail" onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');"title="Save and Email Quote" type="button"/><input value="Cancel"class="btn"name="cancel"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();"title="Cancel"type="button"/>';pdfOverlay.summlid="0EHo0000001E982";pdfOverlay.setSavable(true);pdfOverlay.setContents('/quote/quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}','/quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}');pdfOverlay.display();

I have a custom JavaScript button on Quote page that mimics Salesforce's standard PDF overlay that is used after you select a quote template, except with our custom button it assigns the quote template ID automatically and renders the quote preview overlay with 1 click.  It's been working great until recently, the 'Save to Quote' command is not working. When you click - nothing happens. All the other buttons work as expected.  Anyone care to look at my code and offer suggestions would be appreciated! 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/apex.js")}

var pdfOverlay = QuotePDFPreview.quotePDFObjs['quotePDFOverlay']; pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents='<input value="Save to Quote"class="btn"name="save"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').SavePDF(\'0,\'0\');"title="Save to Quote" type="button"/><input value="Save and Email Quote" class="btn" name="saveAndEmail" onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');"title="Save and Email Quote" type="button"/><input value="Cancel"class="btn"name="cancel"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();"title="Cancel"type="button"/>';pdfOverlay.summlid="0EHo0000000itAg";pdfOverlay.setSavable(true);pdfOverlay.setContents('/quote/quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}','/quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}');pdfOverlay.display();

Hello,

I have created a custom button on the Quote layout that selects a certain template automatically. Except I'm receiving this error when clicked: 

A problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered:

Unexpected token ILLEGAL

Here is the code:
var pdfOverlay = QuotePDFPreview.quotePDFObjs['quotePDFOverlay'];
pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents='<input value="Save to Quote" class="btn" name="save"
onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').SavePDF(\'0,\'0\');"
title="Save to Quote" type="button"/><input value="Save and Email Quote" class="btn" name="saveAndEmail"
onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');"
title="Save and Email Quote" type="button" /><input value="Cancel" class="btn" name="cancel" onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();"
title="Cancel" type="button"/>;
pdfOverlay.summlid="0EHo0000001E982";
pdfOverlay.setSavable(true);
pdfOverlay.setContents('\quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}','/quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}');
pdfOverlay.display();

Hi,

As a system admin for our small org, (17 users) this will be the second instance in a 2 month period that we've exceeded our API limits and have been cut off for 24 hours.  
From looking at the API Activity Report in the Administrator Reports folder, the highest call-outs that were recorded are either from Pardot (highest is around 5,000) and then there is one that does not have any client ID associated with it - it's blank...THAT one has one call-out at 8,000! How do I drill down what exactly is causing this without a Client ID associated with it? 
The first time this happened, I opened a case with Pardot because their features were deactivated and we thought that was the core issue- but now we realize that it's the API being exceeded that is causing everything to go haywire. 
Pardot's help desk told me that they don't run up against or org API, but the report shows different. Can someone please help me troubleshoot where these API call outs are being exceeded and by what?
A previous developer installed an unmanaged package from the AppExchange called Custom Quote Sync (Unmanaged).
It is keeping any change sets we try and deploy to Production from being successful because the test triggers are at 0% and total code coverage is only at 64%.

I am completely unfamiliar with test classes and could really use some assistance. I can provide further details if needed.

Thank you in advance,

Here are the Errors:
Code Coverage Failure
Your organization's code coverage is 64%. You need at least 75% coverage to complete this deployment. Also, the following triggers have 0% code coverage. Each trigger must have at least 1% code coverage.QuoteSyncTrigger
QuoteLineSyncTrigger

Component Errors

API Name
Type
Line
Column
Error Message
0 0 QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateDuplicateOppLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateDuplicateQuoteLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateQuote(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateQuoteWithQuoteLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertOppLineNoSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertOppLineNotSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertOppLineSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertQuoteLineNoSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertQuoteLineNotSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertQuoteLineSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncInsertOppLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncInsertOppLineSetNull(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncMatchOppLine_1(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncMatchOppLine_1a(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncMatchOppLine_2(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testSt
0 0 QuoteLineSyncTrigger, Details: Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
0 0 QuoteSyncTrigger, Details: Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
0 0 , Details: Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 64%, at least 75% test coverage is required.
Our lead page layout has a Product Sample Request section that has about 10-12 different checkbox fields. These are true and false depending on the lead and when my users convert the lead the boolean values are not coming across to the contact object. I've confirmed they are correctly mapped, the field level permissions are set to editable, visbible, and they are not read-only or required. The stranger thing is that it will work 100% of the time for me. 
Can someone please help me figure this out? I've scowered the user settings in great length, only a handful do I not completely understand the definition for - could that contribute to this?
Hello,

I have tried multple different methods of installation of the Salesforce CLI to use in VSCode but I keep getting the error that it is not installed.

MacOS Catalina v10.15.4

VSCode:
Version: 1.44.2
Commit: ff915844119ce9485abfe8aa9076ec76b5300ddd
Date: 2020-04-16T17:07:18.473Z (1 wk ago)
Electron: 7.1.11
Chrome: 78.0.3904.130
Node.js: 12.8.1
V8: 7.8.279.23-electron.0

SFDX:
sfdx-cli/7.54.4 darwin-x64 node-v8.12.0

Here is a sample error log:
Starting SFDX: Create Project

14:14:08.906 sfdx force:project:create --projectname codeU --outputdir /Users/mike/Downloads --template standard
14:14:08.910 sfdx force:project:create --projectname codeU --outputdir /Users/mike/Downloads --template standard
 ended with error spawn sfdx ENOENT
Salesforce CLI is not installed. Install it from https://developer.salesforce.com/tools/sfdxcli

Printenv:

COLORFGBG=12;8
ITERM_PROFILE=Default
XPC_FLAGS=0x0
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
PWD=/Users/mike
SHELL=/usr/local/bin/zsh
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=3.2.3
TERM_PROGRAM=iTerm.app
PATH=/Users/mike/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
COLORTERM=truecolor
TERM=xterm-256color
HOME=/Users/mike
TMPDIR=/var/folders/sj/qzxb0nfx0sz6wf4zn4482jrr0000gn/T/
USER=mike
XPC_SERVICE_NAME=0
LOGNAME=mike
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0x0:0x0
SHLVL=1
OLDPWD=/Users/mike
ZSH=/Users/mike/.oh-my-zsh
PAGER=less
LESS=-R
LSCOLORS=Gxfxcxdxbxegedabagacad
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
_=/usr/bin/printenv

First I tried installing the Salesforce Extension Pack https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=salesforce.salesforcedx-vscode

The I tried manual installation https://developer.salesforce.com/tools/sfdxcli

Neither worked. All of the support threads I found are for Windows. I cannot find where the CLI lives for me to add it as an environmental variable, if that is the problem.

Questions: 
1. What is the way to install the CLI so I can use it in VSCode?
2. What is the CLI path so I can add it to environmental variables?
3. What else am I missing?

Thank you all for your help.
I have a flow which updates custom lookup fields on the Email Message object to link back to the Contact and Opportunity. It uses the From Email Address to lookup the Contact and Opportunity related.

This flow works properly in most situations; however I have found that it gives an error if there is an Attachment in the Email Message (or a user is replying to a message with an attachment).

I found this known issue (https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A000000mDLlQAM&title=emails-with-attachments-are-not-firing-in-lightning-experience) which appears to be fixed relating to this problem, but I guess that known issue is only in relation to the Process Builder. Has anyone else experienced this and have a resolution within Flow?
Hi,
How I can convert closed opportunity to order OR convert quotation to order ?
I'm using PE , I have tried process builder but it doesn't work !!

Hello,

my flow (launched from a Button) creates a Case Record from Opportunity and after a Custom Object connected to the case.
I managed in the last Screen element to redirect users in the Edit mode of created in the previous step record:
User-added image
However when the user is Saving the record (or pressing Cancel), SF redirects him to SF Home page screen and not to the created record. I am not sure why the button behavior is changed as the further edit and save of the record is done outside of the Flow..

Please could anyone suggest how can I redirect to the created record itself once the user presses Save?

Another possible solution would be to set RetUrl of the button, so that when the user is pressing "Finish" in the Flow, he will be redirected to the edit mode of custom created record.
Here what I have in the button, but still being redirected to Home Page:

/flow/Create_New_Case_from_Opportunity?varOpportunityId={!Opportunity.Id}&varSEQualificationFormId={!SE_Qualification_Form__c.Id}&retURL=/{!SE_Qualification_Form__c.Id}

Maybe because when starting the Flow, the value of varSEQualificationFormId does not exist?..

Thanks for any input!
Anna

Quote PDF Custom Javascript Button Issues
My custom button is being used on the quote page to render the standard Salesforce PDF Overlay and also assign a quote template ID.  The 'Save to Quote' button on the bottom of the overlay isn't working. The other buttons 'Save & Email Quote' and 'Cancel' are both working correctly. Can someone help?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var pdfOverlay = QuotePDFPreview.quotePDFObjs['quotePDFOverlay']; pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents='<input value="Save to Quote"class="btn"name="save"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').SavePDF(\'0,\'0\');"title="Save to Quote" type="button"/><input value="Save and Email Quote" class="btn" name="saveAndEmail" onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');"title="Save and Email Quote" type="button"/><input value="Cancel"class="btn"name="cancel"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();"title="Cancel"type="button"/>';pdfOverlay.summlid="0EHo0000001E982";pdfOverlay.setSavable(true);pdfOverlay.setContents('/quote/quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}','/quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}');pdfOverlay.display();

I have a custom JavaScript button on Quote page that mimics Salesforce's standard PDF overlay that is used after you select a quote template, except with our custom button it assigns the quote template ID automatically and renders the quote preview overlay with 1 click.  It's been working great until recently, the 'Save to Quote' command is not working. When you click - nothing happens. All the other buttons work as expected.  Anyone care to look at my code and offer suggestions would be appreciated! 

var pdfOverlay = QuotePDFPreview.quotePDFObjs['quotePDFOverlay']; pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents='<input value="Save to Quote"class="btn"name="save"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').SavePDF(\'0,\'0\');"title="Save to Quote" type="button"/><input value="Save and Email Quote" class="btn" name="saveAndEmail" onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');"title="Save and Email Quote" type="button"/><input value="Cancel"class="btn"name="cancel"onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();"title="Cancel"type="button"/>';pdfOverlay.summlid="0EHo0000000itAg";pdfOverlay.setSavable(true);pdfOverlay.setContents('/quote/quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}','/quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}');pdfOverlay.display();

Hello,

I have created a custom button on the Quote layout that selects a certain template automatically. Except I'm receiving this error when clicked: 

A problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered:

Unexpected token ILLEGAL

Here is the code:
pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents='<input value="Save to Quote" class="btn" name="save"
onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').SavePDF(\'0,\'0\');"
title="Save to Quote" type="button"/><input value="Save and Email Quote" class="btn" name="saveAndEmail"
onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');"
title="Save and Email Quote" type="button" /><input value="Cancel" class="btn" name="cancel" onclick="QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();"
title="Cancel" type="button"/>;
pdfOverlay.summlid="0EHo0000001E982";
pdfOverlay.setContents('\quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}','/quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!(Quote.Id)}');
pdfOverlay.display();

Up until recently, when we converted a lead to a contact the original lead page would simply be a link to the new contact page. Now, the lead that has been converted is still fully there as a record and not a link. I am not sure how to reset this and looking for any guidance... thank you!
Hi,

As a system admin for our small org, (17 users) this will be the second instance in a 2 month period that we've exceeded our API limits and have been cut off for 24 hours.  
From looking at the API Activity Report in the Administrator Reports folder, the highest call-outs that were recorded are either from Pardot (highest is around 5,000) and then there is one that does not have any client ID associated with it - it's blank...THAT one has one call-out at 8,000! How do I drill down what exactly is causing this without a Client ID associated with it? 
The first time this happened, I opened a case with Pardot because their features were deactivated and we thought that was the core issue- but now we realize that it's the API being exceeded that is causing everything to go haywire. 
Pardot's help desk told me that they don't run up against or org API, but the report shows different. Can someone please help me troubleshoot where these API call outs are being exceeded and by what?
I have created a domain in my sandbox and deployed (2 days ago). When I try to launch the Import Wizard, I am getting below error.
An error has occurred in the following section: [Exception, DomainNotPropagated_desc]. Salesforce.com has been notified of this error
Can you suggest why I am getting this error and how I can fix it?
Thanks
A previous developer installed an unmanaged package from the AppExchange called Custom Quote Sync (Unmanaged).
It is keeping any change sets we try and deploy to Production from being successful because the test triggers are at 0% and total code coverage is only at 64%.

I am completely unfamiliar with test classes and could really use some assistance. I can provide further details if needed.

Thank you in advance,

Here are the Errors:
Code Coverage Failure
Your organization's code coverage is 64%. You need at least 75% coverage to complete this deployment. Also, the following triggers have 0% code coverage. Each trigger must have at least 1% code coverage.QuoteSyncTrigger
QuoteLineSyncTrigger

Component Errors

API Name
Type
Line
Column
Error Message
0 0 QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateDuplicateOppLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateDuplicateQuoteLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateQuote(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testCreateQuoteWithQuoteLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertOppLineNoSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertOppLineNotSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertOppLineSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertQuoteLineNoSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertQuoteLineNotSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testInsertQuoteLineSync(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncInsertOppLine(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncInsertOppLineSetNull(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncMatchOppLine_1(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncMatchOppLine_1a(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testStartSyncMatchOppLine_2(); QuoteSyncTestSuite.testSt
0 0 QuoteLineSyncTrigger, Details: Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
0 0 QuoteSyncTrigger, Details: Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
0 0 , Details: Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 64%, at least 75% test coverage is required.
I have created a List JS button in Opportunity Page > Quote Related List to generate Quote PDF for the selected Quote record. I get PdfOverlay undefined and after that a message is displayed "Cannot read Property 'dialog' of undefined. Below is my code:-

records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Quote)};
alert('records > ' + records);
var selectedRecords = [records];
alert('selectedRecords>' + selectedRecords);

alert('pdfOverlay > ' + pdfOverlay);

pdfOverlay.dialog.buttonContents = '<input value=\"Save to Quote\"  class=\"btn\" name=\"save\" onclick=\"QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'0\',\'0\');\" title=\"Save to Quote\" type=\"button\" /><input value=\"Save and Email Quote\"  class=\"btn\" name=\"saveAndEmail\" onclick=\"QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').savePDF(\'1\');\" title=\"Save and Email Quote\" type=\"button\" /><input value=\"Cancel\"  class=\"btn\" name=\"cancel\" onclick=\"QuotePDFPreview.getQuotePDFObject(\'quotePDFOverlay\').close();\" title=\"Cancel\" type=\"button\" />';

//change this to use the correct template for your business/environment!! 
pdfOverlay.summlid = '0EH90000000Gdtu'; 

//change this to use the quote id 
pdfOverlay.setContents('/quote/quoteTemplateDataViewer.apexp?id={!Quote.Id}','quote/quoteTemplateHeaderData.apexp?id={!Quote.Id}'); 

pdfOverlay.display();

Kindly suggest some soln.

Hi friends, do you know the code (Apex or Javacript) to open the Salesforce PDF Viewer but with a PDF i created manually? Not the templates you can create with salesforce.

cheers

• October 18, 2012

Who has experience with this app? I am using it to sychronize opportunity product custom fields with quote item custom fields. It works fine however I as soon as the custom fields work with default values, validation rules, workflows I get error messages...  Can anybody help? - Thanks in advance. Reto

Hi,
I need to add discount to line item dynamically. For eg: If a customer orders mac + iphone it should add 10% discount, mac + samssung 15% discount, again mac + iphone + samsung 25% should get added. It should check for all possible products and its discount. Can anyone help me with it? 

Thanks,
Vetri
Consider  a checkbox field as "abc" is checked on quote, I want to apply the change to all quote line items attached to it with the same change(I have the same checkbox field on both quote and quote line items). And similarly when the checkbox is unchecked and saved, It should do the same. I observed that I can't achieve this using field updates. Can Someone help me With how I can achieve this using apex trigger.

I am attaching my trigger that I have done sofar, but it has errors, Can some one help me to get it executed. 

trigger updateabc on Quote (after insert, after update){

QuoteLineItem ql = [select abc__c from QuoteLineItem where Quote = :trigger.new[0].id ];

for(Quote q: trigger.new){

if(q.abc__c == true){

ql.abc__c = true;
        }
        if(q.abc__c == false){

ql.abc__c = false;

}
    }

update ql;
}
  • March 18, 2014

Hi all. I'm very new to the CTI theme so please excuse me if the question is stupid.

I'm trying to understand how a random telephony system becomes able to communicate with a browser directly. I just don't get it. SalesForce claims that no CTI adapters needed anymore. OK.

Suppose I have an asterisk (3com, panasonic, whatever...) telephony system. Here goes incoming call. What happens next? Can it really send a message to browser (via websockets or what) ?

I doubt that telephony systems can "talk" JS even if there is an active connection from browser to the telephony system somehow. So I guess that there still must be a CTI adapter (middleware), that can talk to telephony system with some TAPI AND can talk to browser with JS through websockets for instanse. And that middleware should be written by me. But the benefit of such an adapter that it doesn't need to be installed at any agent's computer but can be hosted at a server. Right?

I just don't get it how can it work without any middleware and I can't find any explanation on theinternet.

Thanks.

• May 29, 2013