• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In a flow, I want to set the current value as the default in a picklist. I created a variable that brings in the current value and set it as the default choice label and stored value. It works great if there is a current value, but if the current value is empty, the default choice's unique name (underscores and all) shows up as the default label. I need the label to be blank or show - Select One - . How do I get it to stop showing the Unique Name as the label for the default choice?
Using the Visual Workflow I am trying to add line breaks to the body of emails in SendEmail elements, and also add line breaks in the Description for Task records.  I have tried formulas and tex templates.  The formulas return _BR_ENCODED_ for every BR(), and the text templates return nothing but a huge mess of HTML code in the text field.

Please let me know how to create a simple line break so that I can send emails and log task activities correctly from a flow.
In a flow, I want to set the current value as the default in a picklist. I created a variable that brings in the current value and set it as the default choice label and stored value. It works great if there is a current value, but if the current value is empty, the default choice's unique name (underscores and all) shows up as the default label. I need the label to be blank or show - Select One - . How do I get it to stop showing the Unique Name as the label for the default choice?
Using the Visual Workflow I am trying to add line breaks to the body of emails in SendEmail elements, and also add line breaks in the Description for Task records.  I have tried formulas and tex templates.  The formulas return _BR_ENCODED_ for every BR(), and the text templates return nothing but a huge mess of HTML code in the text field.

Please let me know how to create a simple line break so that I can send emails and log task activities correctly from a flow.
Is there anyway to create a line break using a text formula that references variables in a visual flow.  I can't get BR() to work.  All it does is display BR_ENCODED.  
Hi,
I am using a flow to allow a user to edit a record.
I can display the current value of all the fields in the record except for picklists - is there any way to do this?

Also all my picklists in the flow are mandatory - do they have to be?

I am developing the visualforce page for user to edit the record.  but I found that the BR() is converted to _BR_ENCODED_, which is absolutely not what I want.

here is the example to mimic the issue:

1. create a object  let's say MyObject

2. add one field "short description" type = Text Area

3. set the default value for the field as following:

a. Monday

b. Sunday

c. Saturday

the formalu is like this: "a. Monday" & BR() & "b. Sunday" & BR() & "c. Saturday"

if you check the short description field on the salesforce standard page, it looks good.

but if you create a VF page to edit this field:

<apex:page standardController="MyObject__c">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageblock >
<apex:pageblockSection >
<apex:pageblockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel value="{!$ObjectType.MyObject__c.Fields.short_description__c.Label}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!MyObject__c.short_description__c}"/>
</apex:pageblockSectionItem>
</apex:pageblockSection>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

the BR() is converted into _BR_ENCODED_ and the whole default string is: 

a. Monday_BR_ENCODED_b. Sunday_BR_ENCODED_c. Saturday

terrible!

Could anyone help in this?  thanks!

John He

I have an IF statement that needs to read

"New monthly rate going forward is $1,000.00"

My formula is

IF(ISBLANK( Custom_Description__c ),
"" ,
"New monthly rate going forward is" &""& Opportunity__r.Current_Monthly_Revenue__c)

but the Opportunity__r field is a currency field and the formula Error says "Incorrect parameter for function &(). Expected Text, received Number

Thank you in advance

• July 12, 2010