• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi ALL,

Need urgent help ASAP.

I'm having an approval process with 3 steps. 
step A - Approver 1
step B - Approver 2
step C - Approver 3 - on reject go back 1 step

when record getting rejected it is getting assigned to recent approver. Now what i need is , when it is getting assigned to the recent approver, the recent approver is getting email notification. I don't want the email to be triggered.
(im firing email alert with specific template to recent approver in step 3, but system is sending one more default email which i wanted to stop. i tried removing the approval process email template, still it is sending default email approval email. I have made the option to 'Never' in user record to not receive approval emails.)

Can some one help ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Need some help on Database.InsertAsync which is used to insert data in external objects.
Basically im posting data to SAP. And im facing 2 behaviours of insertasync.

1. whenever invalid data is passed, developer from SAP will send back the response saying 'please pass so and so valid data' and returns 201 created status, so the database.saveresult is not showing the message which SAP has sent.

2.Database.insertasync is showing isSuccess=true even we pass some invalid data.

Please anyone help ASAP.
Hi All,

Need some help on Database.InsertAsync.
Basically im posting data to SAP. And im facing 2 behaviours of insertasync.

1. whenever invalid data is passed, developer from SAP will send back the response saying 'please pass so and so valid data' and returns 201 created status, so the database.saveresult is not showing the message which SAP has sent.

2.Database.insertasync is showing isSuccess=true even we pass some invalid data.

Please anyone help ASAP.
Part of the questions asks for the following:

"Change the 'UUID' field on the 'Phone__x' external object to be an indirect lookup relationship to the 'User' standard object. Use the 'Phone_UUID__c' field as the matching key for this indirect lookup relationship."

Every time I create this Indirect Relationship, it just allows me to select the "Accounts" Object, not the User object. Why is this happening? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!
  • April 06, 2016
I set up an External Data Source of type Lightning Connect: OData 2.0, with a URL pointing to our Sybase OData server.  I am using Named Principal, Username/Password for authentication to the OData server.  The sync step worked fine, so I know the connection works in a basic case.  Next I established a relationship between a custom field of the standard Account Object and the id_number field of one of the external objects created by the sync step.  I am calling this external object Membership.  When I try to look at the Memberships belonging to an Account, I get the following error message (URL slightly obscured in this post)
The external system responded with an HTTP error "400 Bad Request".
The system tried to reach this URL: https://omitted.name.edu/odata/km_test_memb?$top=56&$filter=id_number+eq+'0009861717'&$inlinecount=allpages&$select=memb_number

Sure enough, if I point my browser to this URL, I see an error, but if I replace the + signs with %20, I get a good response in the browser.

My question is: Is there any way I can influence the URL that is generated so that it will use %20 instead of + ?  (If not, I will just go back to using a custom Apex adapter instead of OData2.  I thought OData2 would be simpler, but so far I've had more problems with it than with custom.)

Hello everyone,

We are trying to use the new API Salesforce made available during Winter '13: Test.setMock.

We followed the documentation, but encountered the following issue that we were unable to resolve: a System.CalloutException, complaining that we had "uncommitted work pending".

Of course we do, our testmethod starts by setting up some Test Data that's necessary for the test to work, and that includes inserting and updating data.

In an actual execution, there would be no data creation, as the data would already be present. Actually doing the callout doesn't raise the Uncomitted work pending exception, so the Test Data really is at fault.

We did use Test.startTest() and Test.stopTest() to differentiate Test Data creation from Test Execution but this (as expected) didn't work.

We also tried some hacks, including the System.runAs(new User( Id = UserInfo.getUserId()){} that had, in the past, allowed us to circumvent "Mixed DML operations". This didn't work either.

We considered using the Test.loadData method, but we're inserting related objects and couldn't figure out a clean enough way to make it work (maybe we should try using ExternalID's?).

For the moment, our workaround is to modify the class generated from the WSDL, adding a if (Test.isRunningTest()) {} else {}, but that means we have to modify the autogenerated code, which is suboptimal.

Did anyone try to use this new API and run into the same issue? How did you solve it?

Hello everyone,

We are trying to use the new API Salesforce made available during Winter '13: Test.setMock.

We followed the documentation, but encountered the following issue that we were unable to resolve: a System.CalloutException, complaining that we had "uncommitted work pending".

Of course we do, our testmethod starts by setting up some Test Data that's necessary for the test to work, and that includes inserting and updating data.

In an actual execution, there would be no data creation, as the data would already be present. Actually doing the callout doesn't raise the Uncomitted work pending exception, so the Test Data really is at fault.

We did use Test.startTest() and Test.stopTest() to differentiate Test Data creation from Test Execution but this (as expected) didn't work.

We also tried some hacks, including the System.runAs(new User( Id = UserInfo.getUserId()){} that had, in the past, allowed us to circumvent "Mixed DML operations". This didn't work either.

We considered using the Test.loadData method, but we're inserting related objects and couldn't figure out a clean enough way to make it work (maybe we should try using ExternalID's?).

For the moment, our workaround is to modify the class generated from the WSDL, adding a if (Test.isRunningTest()) {} else {}, but that means we have to modify the autogenerated code, which is suboptimal.

Did anyone try to use this new API and run into the same issue? How did you solve it?