• The Driving Force
  • CloudSmiths

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have used a Lighting Component to override the edit action.  This is working well.  However the Edit button appears in multiple locations - on a record detail page, on list view and on a related records list.

When a user saves, how can I return to the original location from where the edit action was invoked?  

PS: Using window.history.back() does navigate to the correct page, but it is not refreshed making it look to the user that the edit that he/she has just done was not successful.

This may be a limitation but I would like to confirm that OR find an alternative solution.

I have created a Visualforce page to be used as the Generic Error Page in my site.  However, when an error occurs on the site while being viewed by a Site Guest User instead of displaying my error page the "Authorization Required Page (401)" is displayed.

When a user is logged in (such as then the site is used for a community) then the correct generic error page is displayed.

The same actaully happens when using the default "Exception" page so it is not related to my own Visualforce error page.

Is this a limitation?  Can generic error page only be displayed to logged in users?  If so, any ideas on how to create a similar experience for guest users?

Thanks in advance.

Derek 

HI,

When the Community_URL has expired and a client clicks on it the client is redirected to an invalid page. The documentation suggest that expired login URL's should be directed to the login page of the community. Please see this Summer 15 release not for confirmation thereof:  http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer15/release-notes/rn_networks_used_retired_merge_fields_redirects.htm 

For examples this expired URL:  

https://confirmation.success.cqs.co.za/login?c=ctPhcogx5MQ85yPCUsp%2BZ%2BMHxhWElax4aGH1cOl%2FY%2BWIOESVANUDI76uRgGEjnHUNTEcVez3Ug7aurVdNUZb8na5j8ucNjKT5RrXFK2PJrNAQcnUH7%2FrRaecQD6L3jo6AMI%3D

And you will be directed to : http://emea.salesforce.com/conf_login 
which is an invalid page. This should be re-directing to

https://confirmation.success.cqs.co.za/conf_login

This is giving our clients a really bad experience when trying to connect to our Salesforce community.

Any assistance would be welcome.

Regards
Derek
Hi,

This one has be properly stumped.  I've spent hours on my own and with a colleague troubleshooting this and with trial and error have been able to reproduce this on a very simple page with a simple controller, but still cannot determine the root cuase or the solution.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

The use case is ultimately a customised site for a pulic knowledge base.  One feature will be to display articles that have been marked as features using a custom picklist field on the article object.  The article type is "Support Article" so the object is support_article__kav.

Here is the controller that queries the object and returns a list of artcles that are featured:
public class TestPageController 
{
    // method to return a list of support articles that have the field Featured="Yes"
    public static list<Support_Article__kav> FeaturedArticles  {
        get {
            if	(FeaturedArticles == null) {
                FeaturedArticles = 
                    [
                        SELECT Id, KnowledgeArticleId,Title
                        FROM 
	                        Support_Article__kav
                        WHERE 
                            Featured__c 	= 'Yes' AND 
                            PublishStatus	= 'online' AND 
                            language		= 'en_US' 
                        LIMIT 10
                    ];
            }
            return FeaturedArticles;
        }
    }    
}
This is rendered on the following VisualForce page (as a simple list for purposes of illustration of the problem:
<apex:page controller="TestPageController" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" docType="html-5.0" standardStylesheets="true">

<h1>Featured Articles</h1>
    <ul>
        <apex:repeat var="fa" value="{!featuredArticles}">
            <li>
                <a href="{! URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, LEFT(fa.KnowledgeArticleId,15)) }">
                    {!fa.title} (ID={!fa.KnowledgeArticleId}) 
                </a>
            </li>  
        </apex:repeat>
    </ul>

</apex:page>
When this page is displayed (https://c.cs17.visual.force.com/apex/test_page) it results in the following error:

Unable to Access Page
The value of a parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. 

Now for the very strange extension of the problem.  If I add another article list to the page using <knowledge:articleList> which displays 10 articles in similar list then the whole page (BOTH LISTS) display correctly:
<apex:page controller="TestPageController" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" docType="html-5.0" standardStylesheets="true">

<h1>Featured Articles</h1>
    <ul>
        <apex:repeat var="fa" value="{!featuredArticles}">
            <li>
                <a href="{! URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, LEFT(fa.KnowledgeArticleId,15)) }">
                    {!fa.title} (ID={!fa.KnowledgeArticleId}) 
                </a>
            </li>  
        </apex:repeat>
    </ul>

<!-- If you add the articlelist below, the page WORKS CORRECTLY. Remove it and the page fails. --> 
    <h1>All Articles</h1>
    <ul>
        <knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" pageSize="10" > 
            <li>
                <a href="{! URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id) }">{!article.title}</a> (ID={!article.Id}) 
            </li>  
        </knowledge:articleList>
    </ul>

The above code samples are complete and compile in my org.

I am desparate from some solution to this.

Thanks in advance
Derek

I have searched relentlessly and tried half a dozen approaches, but I have been singularly unsuccessful at verfiy my force.com site for Google Webmaster Tools.
These don;t work
1. Adding a URL rewriter class to try and rewrite the URL mycompany.force.com/mysite/google14c2acef515xxxx.html to a VF page.  I dont think xxxx.html can be rewritten as my re-writer works fine for an URL like this mycompany.force.com/mysite/tester
2. Added a second <HEAD></HEAD> with a meta tag in it.  It adds it to the page but Google Webmaster refused to accept it
3. Adding Google Analytics code to the page. Google Webmaster sees it but says it must be in the HEAD which is impossible
4. Tried Javascript to add a meta tag to the HEAD.  This works ok in a browser that actaully runs the javascript, but when Google Webmaster scans the page it appears not to run the javascript.

Has anyone succesfully verfied a force.com site with Google Webmaster Tools?  If so, please explain how you managed it.

Thanks in advance.

Derek

This one took countless hours to isolate and even then I battle to accept the conslusion I have reached.

Scenario:
1. We have a trigger on Opportunity that posts a FeedItem to a specific Chatter group when an Opportunity is Closed Won - a digital reining of the bell. We set the CreatedBy field on the new FeedItem to a specific userid so the post comes from that user.
2. When Opps are updated by normal users this trigger works like a bomb and the Chatter post lets the whole sales team know about the win.  The post is seen to come from the designated user
3. We have a site where customers can place an order online which created a new Opportunity of a specific record type in the controller and then updates that Opportunity to Closed Won.  The traigger is written to ignore these online closed won opportunities and not post to Chatter, but of course the trigger is still called.

The Problem:
The creation of the opportunity through the controller from the site fails itermittently.  The failure is in the trigger and the message is "Field is not writeable: FeedItem.CreatedById".  The line of code in the trigger is not being executed as the opportunity does not meet the criteria and a FeedITem is not created.

The Debug Log:
This doesn't shed any light on the problem as it simple ends at the "insert newOpportunity;" statement and does not show any of the execution in the trigger.  It is as if the code hit a brick wall and just stopped.

The Problem:
After many, many hours of painstaking trial and error, debugging, changing permissions and more we were still gettting this error ittermitently. FInally I spotted a pattern. The times that it worked through the site controller was when there had been an opportunity updated recently by a normal user (< a few minutes before the udpate from the site).  So after a successful update by an nromal user there is a window in whcih updates from the site go through.

The Cause?
Could it be that the trigger is compiled on demand when the internal user updates an opp, is then held in a cache for a while and if the site does an updated while it is cached it works?  After some time has elapsed the compiled trigger it purged and if the site then tries an update it fails due to the running user "Site Guest User" during compilation?

I would love some input on this.  Obviously a solution would be great but I wonder if anyone else has ever had a similar issue?

Regards

Derek

I have a very wierd issue with the Salesforce Excel Connector.  I am a long time and frequent user and its one of my favourite tools.  I connect to multiple orgs.

All of a sudden I am getting an error connecting to ONE specific production org.  I can connect to other orgs and the sandbox of this problem org without a problem.

The error is "GET not supported".  It happens after successful login (I can see a login entry on the user record in the org from the Office Toolkit so I know that is working).

I have uninstalld the connector as well as the Office Toolkit and re-installed them both - twice.  No change in the problem.

I have eliminated a few other causes
1. I tried on a colleagues laptop and can connect to the problem org fine
2. He tried with his credentials on my laptop and had the problem.

So it is not org specific OR user specific.  Its a combination of my laptop and this org that is not working.

I wonder if there is something cached or stored in the registry (I searched to no avail).

Anyone had a similar issue? 

Any assistance or advice would help as I have a big data fixup to do.

Thanks in advance.
A long working Test Class of mine is now failing in production due to too many SOQL calls on the second to last call. I tried adding in test.start() and test.stop() functions, which should have reduced the number of calls by 22, but it still fails at what appears to be the exact same place when I try and push the test class. I can't even work on anything else until this resolves, as it causes everything I try to push to fail. Does anyone have any clue what might be happening?

This may be a limitation but I would like to confirm that OR find an alternative solution.

I have created a Visualforce page to be used as the Generic Error Page in my site.  However, when an error occurs on the site while being viewed by a Site Guest User instead of displaying my error page the "Authorization Required Page (401)" is displayed.

When a user is logged in (such as then the site is used for a community) then the correct generic error page is displayed.

The same actaully happens when using the default "Exception" page so it is not related to my own Visualforce error page.

Is this a limitation?  Can generic error page only be displayed to logged in users?  If so, any ideas on how to create a similar experience for guest users?

Thanks in advance.

Derek 

HI,

When the Community_URL has expired and a client clicks on it the client is redirected to an invalid page. The documentation suggest that expired login URL's should be directed to the login page of the community. Please see this Summer 15 release not for confirmation thereof:  http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer15/release-notes/rn_networks_used_retired_merge_fields_redirects.htm 

For examples this expired URL:  

https://confirmation.success.cqs.co.za/login?c=ctPhcogx5MQ85yPCUsp%2BZ%2BMHxhWElax4aGH1cOl%2FY%2BWIOESVANUDI76uRgGEjnHUNTEcVez3Ug7aurVdNUZb8na5j8ucNjKT5RrXFK2PJrNAQcnUH7%2FrRaecQD6L3jo6AMI%3D

And you will be directed to : http://emea.salesforce.com/conf_login 
which is an invalid page. This should be re-directing to

https://confirmation.success.cqs.co.za/conf_login

This is giving our clients a really bad experience when trying to connect to our Salesforce community.

Any assistance would be welcome.

Regards
Derek
<apex:page showheader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Event_Registration__c" extensions="ASE_ConfirmEmailReg" >
<style>
    .myFormStyle{
      background-color: blue;
    }
    .button1
{
background-color:#00FF00;
font-weight:bold;
color:#E56717;
}
</style>
 <div id="InnternalDiv" style="width:100%;">
 <apex:image url="{!headerUrl}" width="100%" height="50px" />
           <apex:pageMessages /> 
    <apex:form styleClass="myFormStyle">
              <br> </br> <br></br> <br></br> <br></br> <br></br> <br></br> <br></br>
                    <h1>
                        <div align="center">        
                            <apex:commandButton styleclass="button1" disabled="{!(!IF(isDisabled=true,false,true))}" action="{!getregisterEvent}" value="Verify"/> 
                        </div> 
                     </h1>
           </apex:form> 
    </div>
  • July 29, 2015

Hi,
I'm trying to update a field on a custom object on site.

I have sth like this

<apex:page standardController="Some_custom_object__c">
    <apex:form>
        <apex:inputField value="{!Some_custom_object__c.status__c}"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="save"/>
    </apex:form>

After clicking save button page is refreshed without any error but field is not updated.

It is simplified example I was trying to do similar update from within an extension controller action without success...

Any idea ?

Thanks
I have searched relentlessly and tried half a dozen approaches, but I have been singularly unsuccessful at verfiy my force.com site for Google Webmaster Tools.
These don;t work
1. Adding a URL rewriter class to try and rewrite the URL mycompany.force.com/mysite/google14c2acef515xxxx.html to a VF page.  I dont think xxxx.html can be rewritten as my re-writer works fine for an URL like this mycompany.force.com/mysite/tester
2. Added a second <HEAD></HEAD> with a meta tag in it.  It adds it to the page but Google Webmaster refused to accept it
3. Adding Google Analytics code to the page. Google Webmaster sees it but says it must be in the HEAD which is impossible
4. Tried Javascript to add a meta tag to the HEAD.  This works ok in a browser that actaully runs the javascript, but when Google Webmaster scans the page it appears not to run the javascript.

Has anyone succesfully verfied a force.com site with Google Webmaster Tools?  If so, please explain how you managed it.

Thanks in advance.

Derek

This one took countless hours to isolate and even then I battle to accept the conslusion I have reached.

Scenario:
1. We have a trigger on Opportunity that posts a FeedItem to a specific Chatter group when an Opportunity is Closed Won - a digital reining of the bell. We set the CreatedBy field on the new FeedItem to a specific userid so the post comes from that user.
2. When Opps are updated by normal users this trigger works like a bomb and the Chatter post lets the whole sales team know about the win.  The post is seen to come from the designated user
3. We have a site where customers can place an order online which created a new Opportunity of a specific record type in the controller and then updates that Opportunity to Closed Won.  The traigger is written to ignore these online closed won opportunities and not post to Chatter, but of course the trigger is still called.

The Problem:
The creation of the opportunity through the controller from the site fails itermittently.  The failure is in the trigger and the message is "Field is not writeable: FeedItem.CreatedById".  The line of code in the trigger is not being executed as the opportunity does not meet the criteria and a FeedITem is not created.

The Debug Log:
This doesn't shed any light on the problem as it simple ends at the "insert newOpportunity;" statement and does not show any of the execution in the trigger.  It is as if the code hit a brick wall and just stopped.

The Problem:
After many, many hours of painstaking trial and error, debugging, changing permissions and more we were still gettting this error ittermitently. FInally I spotted a pattern. The times that it worked through the site controller was when there had been an opportunity updated recently by a normal user (< a few minutes before the udpate from the site).  So after a successful update by an nromal user there is a window in whcih updates from the site go through.

The Cause?
Could it be that the trigger is compiled on demand when the internal user updates an opp, is then held in a cache for a while and if the site does an updated while it is cached it works?  After some time has elapsed the compiled trigger it purged and if the site then tries an update it fails due to the running user "Site Guest User" during compilation?

I would love some input on this.  Obviously a solution would be great but I wonder if anyone else has ever had a similar issue?

Regards

Derek

Hi I'm working on communities and would like to customize the change password page that is displayed to the customer after a password reset. This is the url to the default changepassword-     /_ui/system/security/ChangePassword.  I have customized the changepassword vf page that Salesforce provides but when I try to test it out it still takes me back to the same old SF default changepassword. After much digging it appears to me that the changepassword vf page that's provided with the communities is tied to the user's personal profile. My question is where is the right page that needs to be customized or how can I make the change password link take the user to the custom page. Or is it even possible?

Thanks. 

• October 02, 2013

I've been trying to use the Excel Connector for the last two weeks to manage the data in our organisation, but I'm having a problem where I get the following error in Excel which is preventing me from using this tool:

Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request.
Url:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0

ExceptionCode : 5103

The first couple of times I tried to use Excel Connector it worked fine. However I then started seeing this error every time I tried to use it - the error appears after I put in my password in Excel Connector and click Login.

We are on Salesforce Professional. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolkit and connector, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm using Excel 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can log in to Salesforce in my browser on the same computer.

I've checked that IE is not in Offline Mode, and verified that Excel can actually connect to the internet (pinged a URL using VBA script).

I've tried disabling my antivirus (MSE) and windows firewall.

I've tried changing the server url as suggested by this thread (had to modify registry keys to do this as that field was not editable in the connector.

None of these resolutions worked.

Has anyone experienced and managed to resolve this, or can anyone suggest any other possible resolutions?

Is it possible to customize the /_ui/system/security/ChangePassword page (fonts/colors/remove headers)?

Is it possible to place the change password fields into a custom VisualForce page.

I think I can create my own visual force page/custom controller and use the setPassword() function, but if there is an easier way I'd like to use it.

• February 25, 2010

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.