• 30 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

is case assignment rule only be executed for new case record. not for updates? if so how "Do Not Reassign Owner" works? and we don't need to add isNew() check in the criteria, right?

Hi,

We are trying to have as less code neede for the requirement below. we let user to create child case which include mutliple record types. user will need to select record type first, and based on the selected record type, we would like to display the pagelayout we configure for that record type with some fields value pre-populated. what is the best way to do it with less code?

When session activation required PS be active, are all users who have this PS able to use it? or just one specific user? the element in flow which for active the PS doesn't associated to the user record.

I am trying to active session activation Permission set for one user. the steps I did are:
Add the Session activiation required PS to multiple users.
add a custom checkbox field in user object,
create a trigger based flow on user record, when the checkbox is checked, I want to active the PS for this user only.

But even though the user do already has this PS assigned, and I use constant to store PS API name, but I still keep getting the error saying the PS is not assigned to the user. any ideas?

I would also like to have a schedule action which can auto de-active PS for the user . is that possible?

We want to make change on some record type label and picklist option's lable, not record type name which is used as API name, not picklist option's api name. we want to know whether the change will impact

workflow/process builder/flow criteria
look up filter
listview filter
report/dashboard filter
or other impacts

for picklist option label change, does updating label  directly or replacing with another newly created option have less impact?

Appreciated your response!

we would like to do a POC to see how we can utilize Einstein bot for internal support system. we have many salesforce application  and a few communities. I am able to add Einstein bot to our community. but I don't know how I can add Einstein bot to our salesforce site, so that all internal user can use it for their questions.

Thanks,

I know there are many restriction on topic.

Our user wants to have a report to show what the original chatter message which include the topic. is that possible? 

Is there any document for the related objects and relationship for topic?

What type of reporting that is avaible for topic? 

is there any app which has more flexible reporting capabilities?

Thanks in advance.

we need to show child records on the parent level, the number of rows in the table should follow the number of additional column with parents record. it appears there is a solution in
https://www.simplysfdc.com/2019/10/einstein-analytics-transpose-from-row.html by using Einstein Analystics. but wonder whether the new formated data can be saved in a custom object so that other none-Einstein Anlytics license user can also use it?
There is a feaure, "See Record Access Reasons in Lightning Experience" from summer 21 release.  (Detail: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_sharing_view_record_access_lex.htm&type=5&release=232) we would like to confirm who can see this button and how to control the visibity?

Thanks,
Summer release preview started, but I cannot find the setting to enable learning path feature. (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer21/release-notes/rn_general_ial_enabledisable.htm) it is GA feature. any ideas?
in -app learning feature from 2021 spring release, https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_general_guidancecenter.htm&release=230&type=5. seems only available in production. I cannot see this icon in any sandboxes. We would like to try doing some POC before we use it. is there a way to set it up in sandbox?
Hi,

Our company have run a security scan tool and found most of our static resources are public. and asking us whether we can switch them to private.  as understanding setting the static resource as public will cache it for all users, and sett it as private will only cache it for current user session. I don't think we should swtich all to private. I am trying to find best practics for using static resources. I found the link below, but it shows blank page. any recommendation from salesforce on how we should use static resources?

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_additional_page.htm

Hi,

I am trying to make our external data source which is link to our box to be able to be searchable in salesforce. I created an external object the link to it. and sync and validate it. when I go to the external object tab to check the records, I got the error. "This query syntax is not supported by this external data source". any ideas?

Our org has purphased Shield which coming with 10 event monitoring license. and we also purphased some Einstein Plus licenses recently. 

1. For Event monitoring license, it seems that we can create dashboard with reports which pulling data from user activities and create data set which is pulling data from objects as well. is the dashboard will be viewable by the user who also have eventt monitoring license in production?

2. if the dashboard is created by an user witth Analytics plus license, what type license user need to view it? is Prediction license good enough?

in salesforce winter 2021 release, https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter21/release-notes/rn_general_optimizer_new_features.htm it mentions there is "Org Metric History", but I could not find it anywhere in the preview sandbox.
is Einstein Search avaialble for mobile phone users? or only for desktop and ipad users?
Hi,

We have turned on the group calendar and give some user by role to have "View Detail and add event" sharing. Noticed that user can not edit the event even created by themselves. We have to give them full acess in order to let them edit their own group events, and we have to build validation to block them update or delete group events created by others. is there an easier way to do it?
In recent release and winter 2021 release, flow can handle before/after insert/update and before delete.   in before event, how to add error to stop insert/update/delete like trigger do?
As salesforce has 100 custom fields limit on activity and we heavily customize task and event and many fields were created by managed package. would like to know whether the fields created from managed package are counted on the limit?
We want to enable Shield Encryption, and wonder wheter we can configure to encrypt files for some object only not all files. if all files are encrypt, what's the impact to the global file search?

Thanks,

I would like to know how much lightning scheduler cost? and how to enable it? I find the steps below. but there is not lightning scheduler app in app manager.

Assign the Lightning Scheduler Setup App
From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter App Manager , and then select App Manager.
In Lightning Experience App Manager, click the Lightning Scheduler Setup dropdown and click Edit.
In App Settings, select User Profiles.
Move the System Administrator profile to Selected Profiles.
Save the changes.

Hi,

We are trying to have as less code neede for the requirement below. we let user to create child case which include mutliple record types. user will need to select record type first, and based on the selected record type, we would like to display the pagelayout we configure for that record type with some fields value pre-populated. what is the best way to do it with less code?

When session activation required PS be active, are all users who have this PS able to use it? or just one specific user? the element in flow which for active the PS doesn't associated to the user record.

I am trying to active session activation Permission set for one user. the steps I did are:
Add the Session activiation required PS to multiple users.
add a custom checkbox field in user object,
create a trigger based flow on user record, when the checkbox is checked, I want to active the PS for this user only.

But even though the user do already has this PS assigned, and I use constant to store PS API name, but I still keep getting the error saying the PS is not assigned to the user. any ideas?

I would also like to have a schedule action which can auto de-active PS for the user . is that possible?

We want to make change on some record type label and picklist option's lable, not record type name which is used as API name, not picklist option's api name. we want to know whether the change will impact

workflow/process builder/flow criteria
look up filter
listview filter
report/dashboard filter
or other impacts

for picklist option label change, does updating label  directly or replacing with another newly created option have less impact?

Appreciated your response!

There is a feaure, "See Record Access Reasons in Lightning Experience" from summer 21 release.  (Detail: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_sharing_view_record_access_lex.htm&type=5&release=232) we would like to confirm who can see this button and how to control the visibity?

Thanks,
Summer release preview started, but I cannot find the setting to enable learning path feature. (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer21/release-notes/rn_general_ial_enabledisable.htm) it is GA feature. any ideas?
in -app learning feature from 2021 spring release, https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_general_guidancecenter.htm&release=230&type=5. seems only available in production. I cannot see this icon in any sandboxes. We would like to try doing some POC before we use it. is there a way to set it up in sandbox?
Hi,

Our company have run a security scan tool and found most of our static resources are public. and asking us whether we can switch them to private.  as understanding setting the static resource as public will cache it for all users, and sett it as private will only cache it for current user session. I don't think we should swtich all to private. I am trying to find best practics for using static resources. I found the link below, but it shows blank page. any recommendation from salesforce on how we should use static resources?

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_additional_page.htm

Hi,

I am trying to make our external data source which is link to our box to be able to be searchable in salesforce. I created an external object the link to it. and sync and validate it. when I go to the external object tab to check the records, I got the error. "This query syntax is not supported by this external data source". any ideas?
in salesforce winter 2021 release, https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter21/release-notes/rn_general_optimizer_new_features.htm it mentions there is "Org Metric History", but I could not find it anywhere in the preview sandbox.
is Einstein Search avaialble for mobile phone users? or only for desktop and ipad users?
Hi,

We have turned on the group calendar and give some user by role to have "View Detail and add event" sharing. Noticed that user can not edit the event even created by themselves. We have to give them full acess in order to let them edit their own group events, and we have to build validation to block them update or delete group events created by others. is there an easier way to do it?
In recent release and winter 2021 release, flow can handle before/after insert/update and before delete.   in before event, how to add error to stop insert/update/delete like trigger do?
I can create public calendar and share different user with different access. I give myself my access to the public calendar. in calendar tab, I can add public calendar to the view, but there is no way for me to add event to the public calendar. any ideas?
I have enabled the survey in survey setting, and trying to create my first survey. I don't see the survey builder like trailhead's screenshot. more like VF pages. could not figure out why
I remember years back, when I give "View All Data" or "Modify All data" system permission at the profile level, it will automatically give all FLS.  but when I check today, it seems only give object level permission, we still need to manually check all FLS for all objects. is there a easier way to grant all FLS to profile?
We are trying to deploy our code from TEST to UAT. and got the "reaching 15 cross object reference limit" in UAT. we have same code in DEV and TEST, we didn't get the same error. We even try to add a few more cross object reference in DEV, but still cannot get the same error message. any ideas?
Thanks,

Hi,

we have requirement that user need to be able to see submitter, approver, submit reason(comments) , approval comments, approval date information in one place. currently salesforce has limitation on pull the comments field in the approval process report. any ideas ?
I am trying to use the " Dynamically Update Flow Screen Fields " feature which was deliveried in spring 17. https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring17/release-notes/rn_forcecom_flow_fieldrules.htm. but I cannot field rule in my visual flow at all. the sandbox is in spring 18 release. any ideas?