• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created an approval process with the new option "Next Automated Approver" = Manager
and then I putted the manager as approver on each step.
Let's say I have user1, user2 (user1's manager), user3 (user2's manager), user4, user5 ( user4's manager)
I submitted the Approval Process so the user1 should approve in the first step,
Then the user2 should approve because it is the manager of user1 but in this moment I assigned manually the step to approve to user4 and the user4 approve in this case the next step is assigned to user3 instead of user5. Because it should take the manager of the current approver nit the manager of the old approver.
How can I assign the new step to the manager of the current user (in this case user5)?
Any suggestions any body had this issue before? There'ssomething incorrect in the configuration or it is asalesforce functionality?
Thank you in advance
I created an approval process with the new option "Next Automated Approver" = Manager
and then I putted the manager as approver on each step.
Let's say I have user1, user2 (user1's manager), user3 (user2's manager), user4, user5 ( user4's manager)
I submitted the Approval Process so the user1 should approve in the first step,
Then the user2 should approve because it is the manager of user1 but in this moment I assigned manually the step to approve to user4 and the user4 approve in this case the next step is assigned to user3 instead of user5. Because it should take the manager of the current approver nit the manager of the old approver.
How can I assign the new step to the manager of the current user (in this case user5)?
Any suggestions any body had this issue before? There'ssomething incorrect in the configuration or it is asalesforce functionality?
Thank you in advance

I've searched for this on the boards and found some previous posts that describe almost the same exact problem but unfortunately they didn't have replies or solutions to them.

We have a two-step approval process set up on an Opportunity record.  The first step routes to a specific user.  The second step routes to Manager.  The problem happens when the first step approver approves the record the second step routes the approval step to their User Manager when it should go to the User Manager for the Opportunity Record Owner who originally started the approval process. 

Next Automated Approver Determined By is set to Manager.  Use Approver Field of Opportunity Owner is checked.

Is this  a known bug?  Has anyone found a workaround?

Hi

I am doing Approval Process and i have an option Use Approver Field of ProductM Owner. What does itmean what is the use of this. 

ProductM is my obj name

I have a very simple Batch class and I am trying to write a unit test to cover it but the execute method in this batch class is never executing. I'm stumped.

Batch Class:

global class ideaCleanBatch implements Database.Batchable<sObject>{

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc){
//We want to process all Ideas
return Database.getQueryLocator('select Id from Idea');
}

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext bc, List<sObject> objects){
Set<Id> ideaIds = new Set<Id>();
for(sObject s : objects){
Idea i = (Idea)s;
ideaIds.add(i.Id);
}