• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to send an email with Apex using a visualforce page as the html body of the email by using PageReference.getContent(); However, when I call getContent() it is rendering the page without the one repeat component. I know that the collection the repeat is iterating over has data because if I redirect to the same PageReference the repeat component gets rendered as expected. The apex code looks like this:

PageReference emailTemplate = Page.ProjectInvoiceTrackingEmailTemplate;Blob emailBody = emailTemplate.getContent();System.debug(emailBody.toString());

the template looks like this:

<apex:page id="templatePage" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" controller="ProjectInvoiceEmailController"> <h1>Template header</h1> <apex:repeat value="{!actualProjectsToNotify}" var="project" rendered="true"> <apex:outputText value="{!project.projectName}" /> </apex:repeat> <h3>page end</h3></apex:page>

Does anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't be rendered when calling getContent(), but it is rendered when that same page reference is rendered in the browser? 

• May 20, 2009
I am trying to send an email with Apex using a visualforce page as the html body of the email by using PageReference.getContent(); However, when I call getContent() it is rendering the page without the one repeat component. I know that the collection the repeat is iterating over has data because if I redirect to the same PageReference the repeat component gets rendered as expected. The apex code looks like this:

PageReference emailTemplate = Page.ProjectInvoiceTrackingEmailTemplate;Blob emailBody = emailTemplate.getContent();System.debug(emailBody.toString());

the template looks like this:

<apex:page id="templatePage" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" controller="ProjectInvoiceEmailController"> <h1>Template header</h1> <apex:repeat value="{!actualProjectsToNotify}" var="project" rendered="true"> <apex:outputText value="{!project.projectName}" /> </apex:repeat> <h3>page end</h3></apex:page>

Does anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't be rendered when calling getContent(), but it is rendered when that same page reference is rendered in the browser? 

• May 20, 2009