• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have two custom objects the work in the following way:

ENROLMENTS (Custom) are child objects to COURSES (Custom) and CONTACTS.

I want to make a validation rule that doesn't let users check a checkbox field on a COURSE if a CONTACT who has an ENROLMENT on that course doesn't have an email address. I tried doing this by making an ENROLMENT validation rule (below) but it didn't work (i.e. I was still able to check the box even though there was an enrolment that should have made this impossible).

AND( ISBLANK( Contact__r.Email ),  Course__r.Send_Pre_Work__c = TRUE)

Any ideas as to why this didn't work?
I want to make a validation rule so that a particular custom link cannot be clicked if a contact has only been created in the last half hour.

Is this possible? I think the formula would look something like this (the parts I need help with are in bold)

AND ( (NOW() + 30 minutes) < CreatedDate), Cannot click custom link ).

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Is it possible to put a condition on a validation rule that will stop it from triggering for particular users?

We need a field to be uneditable (unless blank) for all but one user (our marketing automation platform Eloqua). 
I am trying to make a validation rule which stops users editing the email address of a contact or lead UNLESS the email field is blank.

I have tried the following both formulae to no avail:
Email <> "" && ISCHANGED(Email)
IF( Email <> "", ISCHANGED(Email), ISBLANK( Email ) )

The reason for this is that the Salesforce record is checked against a nother databse which uses email address as the unique identifier, so whenever the email address is changed in Salesforce, it creates a duplicate record (with the new email address) in the other database.

Any help is much appreciated!

Our business model works on referrals, and I want to be able to link a Contact or Lead to the Contact who referred them to us.

Eg. Ben refers Tom

We create a new lead for Tom to be followed up. This lead has a look-upfield, "Referred by" which links to Ben
Ben's contact also has a field "Referral # (i.e. there would be around 3 fields with the same function)" which links to Tom's lead

Is this possible?
I have to make it impossible to edit the Email field UNLESS the field is blank.

I tried the following Validation but it didn't work:
Email <> ""
&&
ISBLANK( Email )

Any suggestions as to why?

Is it possible to pull through a merge field to the HPYERLINK formula in a Formula (Text) field?

The link works in as a custom link/button eg. www.website.com/form?pa0={Contact.Email} - however this same link does not pull through the field, but treats the field merge it as text when used in a Formal (Text) fields as: HPYERLINK (www.website.com/form?pa0={Contact.Email}).

Any help ont his would be much appreciated.

Email <> ""
&&
ISBLANK( Email )

I have two custom objects the work in the following way:

ENROLMENTS (Custom) are child objects to COURSES (Custom) and CONTACTS.

I want to make a validation rule that doesn't let users check a checkbox field on a COURSE if a CONTACT who has an ENROLMENT on that course doesn't have an email address. I tried doing this by making an ENROLMENT validation rule (below) but it didn't work (i.e. I was still able to check the box even though there was an enrolment that should have made this impossible).

AND( ISBLANK( Contact__r.Email ),  Course__r.Send_Pre_Work__c = TRUE)

Any ideas as to why this didn't work?
Our business model works on referrals, and I want to be able to link a Contact or Lead to the Contact who referred them to us.

Eg. Ben refers Tom

We create a new lead for Tom to be followed up. This lead has a look-upfield, "Referred by" which links to Ben
Ben's contact also has a field "Referral # (i.e. there would be around 3 fields with the same function)" which links to Tom's lead

Is this possible?

Email <> ""
&&
ISBLANK( Email )