• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
After completing numerous modules in Trailhead, I feel that I would like to work as a Salesforce Developer at some point.  Aside from continuing my Trailhead, how does one who is currently unemployed go about finding a position as developer?  Is certification the next step?  I see plenty of job postings for Senior level developers.  Could some of you share your experiences if they relate to mine. I would imagine that many got their foot in the door when their current employer chose to migrate to Salesforce, or had a position in a company that offered them training in their already existing Salesforce infrastructure.  Any advice related to my situation would be greatly appreciated!
If you do not mind, can you please have a look at this issue?

My code is saving with no errors when saving so this is a runtime error, and I am executing in Anonymous Window the following:

AccountHandler.insertNewAccount(Acme Supply)

I am receiving the following error:
Line: 2, Column: 0  expecting a semi-colon, found '<EOF>'

There is not Line 2 in my code, and I do not know what to say about column 0.

Here is my code ( I am a newbie, trying to learn Apex)

public class AccountHandler {

public static List<String> insertNewAccount(string nameAccount) {

List<String> acctReturn = new List<String>();

try {
                   Account acct = new Account(Name=nameAccount);    
                    insert acct;
                    System.debug(nameAccount);
           } 
        catch (DMLException e) 
               {
                   System.debug('A DML exception has occurred: ' + e.getMessage());
               }

return acctReturn;

}
}
In the introduction to Apex, I was surprised that the challenge was such a leap for an introductory lesson, but I never back away from a challenge.  I have attempted to create the class which requires much more knowledge than is presented.  The method is to be public and static.  But the complier message says that constructors cannot be static.  I see no reason why my method should be interpreted to be a constructor. Can anyone suggest why this is happening.  I'm a Newbie, so it could be a simple correction, but I have done some extensive research before asking for assistance.  Thanks in advance.

Task "Create an Apex class that returns an array (or list) of strings"
After completing numerous modules in Trailhead, I feel that I would like to work as a Salesforce Developer at some point.  Aside from continuing my Trailhead, how does one who is currently unemployed go about finding a position as developer?  Is certification the next step?  I see plenty of job postings for Senior level developers.  Could some of you share your experiences if they relate to mine. I would imagine that many got their foot in the door when their current employer chose to migrate to Salesforce, or had a position in a company that offered them training in their already existing Salesforce infrastructure.  Any advice related to my situation would be greatly appreciated!
In the introduction to Apex, I was surprised that the challenge was such a leap for an introductory lesson, but I never back away from a challenge.  I have attempted to create the class which requires much more knowledge than is presented.  The method is to be public and static.  But the complier message says that constructors cannot be static.  I see no reason why my method should be interpreted to be a constructor. Can anyone suggest why this is happening.  I'm a Newbie, so it could be a simple correction, but I have done some extensive research before asking for assistance.  Thanks in advance.

Task "Create an Apex class that returns an array (or list) of strings"