• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Limiting Samples – Customer cannot get more than 4 samples per month, nor can a Customer get more than 2 of any particular color in a month. o Accomplish this based on “no code” method, using default salesforce functionality o Accomplish this based on “only code”, so salesforce functionality

I created custom object "products" and can add from related list to customer for ex. 2 green boxes, 1 red, 1, blue..

there is whole taks:

I run an organization that sells blue, red, and green gift boxes. We are targeting stores in shopping malls to use our gift boxes for gift wrapping their merchandise. Our sales people call and go store to store at the malls talking to store owners about our boxes. I need to be able to track their efforts and determine which boxes are selling. To help the sales efforts, our sales people carry sample boxes that they distribute to store owners that show some interest. These samples are at a cost to my company so I need to track how many samples they are giving out. Ultimately, I need to know what my sales folks are doing, which sample boxes they are giving out, and how they are building our customer base. Can you help?

Couple of additional scenarios….

1. Limiting Samples – Customer cannot get more than 4 samples per month, nor can a Customer get more than 2 of any particular color in a month. o Accomplish this based on “no code” method, using default salesforce functionality o Accomplish this based on “only code”, so salesforce functionality

Create a “calculated” field on the Customer to keep a cumulative total of samples delivered to a customer.

Every time a sample is delivered to the customer, we need an email sent to the customer, email address would be stored in the Customer table .

• A few tips: 1) Use the documentation for Salesforce that you can find online 2) Use Accounts as your primary object, other than Accounts, Events, Reports try not to use standard Salesforce objects, like opportunities, products, leads etc.. Instead build your own solution using custom objects.
  1. There is a User, on his Profile he don’t have read permission for Account, but still he is able to see the Accounts, (no extra permission set is given) How?

Limiting Samples – Customer cannot get more than 4 samples per month, nor can a Customer get more than 2 of any particular color in a month. o Accomplish this based on “no code” method, using default salesforce functionality o Accomplish this based on “only code”, so salesforce functionality

I created custom object "products" and can add from related list to customer for ex. 2 green boxes, 1 red, 1, blue..

there is whole taks:

I run an organization that sells blue, red, and green gift boxes. We are targeting stores in shopping malls to use our gift boxes for gift wrapping their merchandise. Our sales people call and go store to store at the malls talking to store owners about our boxes. I need to be able to track their efforts and determine which boxes are selling. To help the sales efforts, our sales people carry sample boxes that they distribute to store owners that show some interest. These samples are at a cost to my company so I need to track how many samples they are giving out. Ultimately, I need to know what my sales folks are doing, which sample boxes they are giving out, and how they are building our customer base. Can you help?

Couple of additional scenarios….

1. Limiting Samples – Customer cannot get more than 4 samples per month, nor can a Customer get more than 2 of any particular color in a month. o Accomplish this based on “no code” method, using default salesforce functionality o Accomplish this based on “only code”, so salesforce functionality

Create a “calculated” field on the Customer to keep a cumulative total of samples delivered to a customer.

Every time a sample is delivered to the customer, we need an email sent to the customer, email address would be stored in the Customer table .

• A few tips: 1) Use the documentation for Salesforce that you can find online 2) Use Accounts as your primary object, other than Accounts, Events, Reports try not to use standard Salesforce objects, like opportunities, products, leads etc.. Instead build your own solution using custom objects.