• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Board,  is it possible to conditionally show / hide a full lightning component?  

I have an object with 2 record types. A component is not relevant at all for one of the record types. While building the my lightning App, I must have the component on the page. Because it is relevant for the other record type.  So.. rather than showing "N/A" on the component, can I hide it conditionally?   ..so that user feels he is seeing 2 different set of lightning components across the 2 record types - when actually it is the same lightning flexi page.
Hello. Is any of you aware of any UI Performance monitoring tool / plugin that works well with Lightning?  ...I guess something of likes of AppDynamics.  Primarily am hoping to find out if anyone has implemented anything that is proven to work with Lightning UI.  And possibly, how you went about it (invisible component? )
Hello. I have a situation where, it is required to make an @future callout on Save of a record. And this occurs from the Trigger Handler class. All is good with respect to record getting saved, and the callout being made. However, I want to do something for the scenario where the callout fails at the external system. The DML is already done, so Salesforce data is updated. However external system is out of sync.  Is there any good architecture to handle this situation?   Ideally, values in 2 systems must not go out of sync at any point in time.  If the call out fails, the values in Salesforce should be rolled back.  Any architecture recommendations?
Hi. I can see there is a setting in "Session Settings" that says CSRF prevention is done for all GET and POST requests. The setting is -
 "Enable CSRF protection on GET requests on non-setup pages".
My question is, does this apply only for standard pages, or does all VF pages also get covered?   Or is it the responsibility of a developer to implement CSRF functionalities for a VF page?
Any thoughts on instantly pushing Salesforce data changes to an MDM system?  Almost all objects in Salesforce are in my MDM system. And all of them need to be synced live onto MDM, as any change occurs. What API and integration pattern is best suited?
Hello. Is there any design recommendation for handling errors when using Streaming API to initiate writes to an external DB?  My use case is - we have an MDM system. Planning to set up a job that listens to a pushTopic in Salesforce, and write to MDM. Suppose due to a mandatory field missing / integration later failure, the write to MDM fails. How can I log the error?  Like in SOAP, here there is no success response right.   Even if there is durable streaming , it will just continue to error out as long as data is incorrect. But there is no tracking of this failure. Any design recommendations?
Hello. So I am aware you can add a VF component onto the flexipage layout using the Lightning App builder. However, if I extract the FlexiPage meta data using ANT migration tool, there is no trace of that component I added.    The component metadata itself is available separately, as <name>AuraDefinitionBundle</name>. But that's the component definition.

Am wondering how Salesforce keeps the information that X component is a part of Y flexi-page.   Can't see this anywhere.   Has to stored somewhere right?
Is there any known issue with using Selenium to automate testing on Salesforce Console UI?   Everything seems to work on the classic UI.  But, when on console, none of the UI elements seem to be identifiable inside Selenium?   

Is this a problem anyone here has encountered?
Is it possible to migrate a custom multi-select picklist using Salesforce Migration Tool?   If yes, how do you place it in the Package.xml?   Is there any other special consideration / care to be taken?
Hi.  Is it possible to apply dynamic styling on a Visualforce page - so that, it knows what UI format is being used, and applies the Aloha or Lightning styling automatically?    How can this be done?     Thanks in advance.
Hi all. How do you create your own custom database, OData v2 service, and publish it online so that it can be accessed by Salesforce?
While there is plenty of examples and instructions to consume OData v2 service in Salesforce, I was not able to find content on creating OData v2 service itself.  What is available on OData talks about creating the v4 version. That cannot be consumed by Salesforce at this point, right?
Hello. Is any of you aware of any UI Performance monitoring tool / plugin that works well with Lightning?  ...I guess something of likes of AppDynamics.  Primarily am hoping to find out if anyone has implemented anything that is proven to work with Lightning UI.  And possibly, how you went about it (invisible component? )
Hello. So I am aware you can add a VF component onto the flexipage layout using the Lightning App builder. However, if I extract the FlexiPage meta data using ANT migration tool, there is no trace of that component I added.    The component metadata itself is available separately, as <name>AuraDefinitionBundle</name>. But that's the component definition.

Am wondering how Salesforce keeps the information that X component is a part of Y flexi-page.   Can't see this anywhere.   Has to stored somewhere right?