• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a Lightning components for a user to fill out form data. I created a tab for this Lightning component under Lightning Component Tabs. Next I created an app following the instructions on the form. Fill in App Label, App Name and for choose the tabs I just added my Lightning component Tab. There was a Home tab already there and I could not remove it, (error message telling me I couldn't). At the Default Landing Tab I selected my Lightning Component Tab. I also selected Show In Lightning Experience. When I open the App the page defaults to the Home tab instead of the Lightning Component tab I selected. I tried several variations and I still couldn't make this work. 
The customer requires the proper landing tab. 
What am I doing wrong?
I created a lightning component to be loaded from the LIghtning experience. It works fine for users with a System Admin profile, but i get this error for users with a Standard User profile: The popup header says sorry to interupt with This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. First, would you give us some details? (We're reporting this as error ID: 6ae0e7c2-f3b6-407c-84e0-6b9f417f7ffb). The tech stuff: internal server error has occurred Error ID: 2086016766-5097 (-227057212). The controller class security is set for System Admin and Standard User, and the Custom Objects have Read/Write and View Permissions set for the Standard user. What did I miss?

My current sandbox has cases which contains Attachments. I am using Email to case with the email address setup to open a case. When I send an email with an attachment the case gets created and the Attachment is attached to the case. The case created by and owner is from the Case Support settings, which is an admins userid.

I created a Community for this UAT and I created contact users to access the Community. When I log into the Community using the Contacts ID and can open the case that was created. I can also view the attachment, but I have to be able to Edit the attachment description. When I press Edit i get this error message:
First exception on row 0 with id 00P55000001h6LxEAI; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: [] at line number 778

I tried everything I can remember to give access the the Communities users, but I still cannot edit the Attachments.

What do I have to do in order for communities users read/write access to attachments that they do not Own?

Thank you,
I am working on a client which has the following requirement.
  1. An email is attached to a case, this can be from a contact, or an company internal email addrees.
  2. The email contains an attachment, which is saved in attachments and assigned to the case.
  3. The Page layout for the case uses the related list emails and attachments. both the email and attachment show up on the case.
  4. The attachment is reviewed, if it doesn't meet the requirements it gets rejected.
  5. The rejection screen will contain a reject reason and a input fields to change the returning email address. The returning email does not have to be from a contact.
I looked at both apex messaging and calling emailAuthor. 
Apex messaging allowed me to add the attachment to the email. There are a couple serious downside to using this method:
  • Email address may not come from the contacts.
  • Emails are stored in task, not emailmessage. Emailmessage is the related list item in the case. The task is assigned to the contact view.
Emailauthor works fine except the Attachment has to be a document object not a attachment document. 
I thought about copying the attachment to a document, but I don't want two copies of the attachment. I also thought about deleting the document after I sent the email. I think this could be an issue where I would delete the document before salesforce actually sent the email.

I am using an email template. I created one text and one VFP, mostly to see which worked best for this scenerio.

My question is what can I use to send this email with the attachment under these conditions?

I created a lightning component to be loaded from the LIghtning experience. It works fine for users with a System Admin profile, but i get this error for users with a Standard User profile: The popup header says sorry to interupt with This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. First, would you give us some details? (We're reporting this as error ID: 6ae0e7c2-f3b6-407c-84e0-6b9f417f7ffb). The tech stuff: internal server error has occurred Error ID: 2086016766-5097 (-227057212). The controller class security is set for System Admin and Standard User, and the Custom Objects have Read/Write and View Permissions set for the Standard user. What did I miss?

LeX Superbadge Challenge 4 error

LeX superbadge challenge #4:

I followed this post https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000kEDkIAM however it doesn't seem working with me. Has anything changed lately in the requirement validation process. Appreciate your help!
Has anyone completed this trail? I am stomped on challenge number 3, regarding created the process for fulfillment. Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.

My current sandbox has cases which contains Attachments. I am using Email to case with the email address setup to open a case. When I send an email with an attachment the case gets created and the Attachment is attached to the case. The case created by and owner is from the Case Support settings, which is an admins userid.

I created a Community for this UAT and I created contact users to access the Community. When I log into the Community using the Contacts ID and can open the case that was created. I can also view the attachment, but I have to be able to Edit the attachment description. When I press Edit i get this error message:
First exception on row 0 with id 00P55000001h6LxEAI; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: [] at line number 778

I tried everything I can remember to give access the the Communities users, but I still cannot edit the Attachments.

What do I have to do in order for communities users read/write access to attachments that they do not Own?

Thank you,
I am working on a client which has the following requirement.
  1. An email is attached to a case, this can be from a contact, or an company internal email addrees.
  2. The email contains an attachment, which is saved in attachments and assigned to the case.
  3. The Page layout for the case uses the related list emails and attachments. both the email and attachment show up on the case.
  4. The attachment is reviewed, if it doesn't meet the requirements it gets rejected.
  5. The rejection screen will contain a reject reason and a input fields to change the returning email address. The returning email does not have to be from a contact.
I looked at both apex messaging and calling emailAuthor. 
Apex messaging allowed me to add the attachment to the email. There are a couple serious downside to using this method:
  • Email address may not come from the contacts.
  • Emails are stored in task, not emailmessage. Emailmessage is the related list item in the case. The task is assigned to the contact view.
Emailauthor works fine except the Attachment has to be a document object not a attachment document. 
I thought about copying the attachment to a document, but I don't want two copies of the attachment. I also thought about deleting the document after I sent the email. I think this could be an issue where I would delete the document before salesforce actually sent the email.

I am using an email template. I created one text and one VFP, mostly to see which worked best for this scenerio.

My question is what can I use to send this email with the attachment under these conditions?