• Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Is there any reference article where I can find a sample code as an example for Salesforce Streaming API. I am basically looking for integrating Salesforce to an external application (built on Expressjs framework). Thanks
Hello,
I have the following validation rule that doesn't seem to be working as expected as it is firing an email when it is not true.  is there an error somewhere?

(OR(

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "1") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "2") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "3") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "4") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "8") = False),

(CONTAINS(BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, "9") = False)

))

Thanks

Sonya
I could not see Email Relay option in my Enterprise edition org. I am looking for relaying the email send such that the header reads coming from xyz.com (domain in sender email address i.e user@xyz.com) instead of salesforce.com. The reason why I am looking for this is that the client has setup a policy to consider such emails (i.e sender user@xyz.com coming from salesforce.com) as spoof and rejecting them. Please advise. Thanks
Is there an option to track the changes made to the Approval Process
Hi,
I have so far integrated JIRA to Salesforce where I am able to pull issues from Jira. Currently I am passing the raw credentials in the REST url and looking for passing the credentials in the Authorization Header. For some reason it is not working with the below code.

User-added image

I have tried the same credentials and in the Postmane extension of Chrome and was able to receive the response. I have cross verified the Base64 encoded username:password token in Postman and the one generated in Salesforce and could confirm they were same. Sounds silly but I also decoded the encoded token to cross verify the credentials.

User-added image

Any advise as to what could be the possible reasons. Since it is working fine with Postman client it doesn't seems to be an issue with Jira.

Thanks

I am developing managed package, following documentation have created protected custom metadata type witch is used to store api keys

`Only Apex code in the same managed package can see the type. The name of the type and the record are visible if they're referenced in a formula.`

I can retrieve api key in my own org which is the same namespace as package (package has this metadata type included)

however when i install package in another org, metadata records are not visible and i can not retrieve my api key

I have looked into many examples and based what i understand it should work out of the box. what am i missing ?

in this video https://youtu.be/aqztf1nJv-k?t=1948 which the same setup it seems to work, why it is not working for me ?

• August 29, 2023
If there is a possiblity, then

Can I get a code sample (having @http post method) on how to upload pdf file into salesforce object (say as an attachment) sent to salesforce with a http request using multipart/from-data from some external site.

For a while I've gone through multipart/form-data in the developer forum, but I could only find the HTTP Request samples made from salesforce and not to salesforce.

Thanks,
Leafen.
Hi,

Is there any reference article where I can find a sample code as an example for Salesforce Streaming API. I am basically looking for integrating Salesforce to an external application (built on Expressjs framework). Thanks
I want to integrate SF with JIRA and vice versa.
For accessing the JIRA we need to use the VPN. So it is possible to connect both ends with the use of the REST / SOAP.
I had tested Servicerocket app, it is working fine, when VPN is in used. 
Please let me know can we use the web services for the same?
Hi All,

Is is possible to get the messages from whatsapp to Salesforce? Please reply...

Thanks and Regards,
Anju Alex

Hi All,

Can anybody suggest on Whatsapp Salesforce Integration if possible ?? Whatsapp Messenger, Integration into Salesforce, On a Custom TAB, Contacts listed who is match for :Contact whatsapp number=True: if clicked, pen a conversation window.

I am not sure that this can be done either using Restfull Or Soap services. Had got an idea for GIThub. 

Please sugeest asap.

Thanks,

Sorabh Khurana

We're having a strange situation, kinda hard to follow up.

We have two validation rules on Accounts, basically they validate if a calculus over a value results in the second value.

On accounts we use two recordtypes, and each recordtype has its corresponding validation rule to evaluate.

Also, the fields evaluated in each validation rule are different, and are only shown in their respective page layout.

For some users, both validation rules are being evaluated, thus failing the account creation.

This are the validation rules:

IF( RecordType.Name = "Cuenta personal",
IF (
CASE( (11 - ( Validacion_RUT_1_Persona__c - Validacion_RUT_2_Persona__c )) , 1,"1",2,"2",3,"3",4,"4",5,"5",6,"6",7,"7",8,"8",9,"9",10,"K",11,"0", "ERROR" )
= mid ( Rut_contacto__pc & "-" & UPPER(DV_contacto__pc) , len(Rut_contacto__pc & "-" & UPPER(DV_contacto__pc)) , 1 )
, FALSE, TRUE )
,FALSE)
IF ( RecordType.Name = "Cuenta Corporativa",
IF (
CASE( (11 - ( Validacion_RUT_1__c - Validacion_RUT_2__c )) , 1,"1",2,"2",3,"3",4,"4",5,"5",6,"6",7,"7",8,"8",9,"9",10,"K",11,"0", "ERROR" )
= mid ( Rut__c & "-" & UPPER(DV__c) , len(Rut__c & "-" & UPPER(DV__c)) , 1 )
, FALSE, TRUE )
,FALSE)
My guess and analysis shows that always both validation rules, irregardless of the recordtype, are evaluated, and given that the fields in one of them are empty the validation fails, halting the creation process.

But that doesn't explain how most of our users don't have this problem and only a handful are experiencing this.

I've tried with all the browsers, both POSTs send the recordtypeid, and a coworker right next to me, filling the fields and saving the account, entering the same values as i did, created the account successfully.

Should i create a case for this?

Thanks in advance
I could not see Email Relay option in my Enterprise edition org. I am looking for relaying the email send such that the header reads coming from xyz.com (domain in sender email address i.e user@xyz.com) instead of salesforce.com. The reason why I am looking for this is that the client has setup a policy to consider such emails (i.e sender user@xyz.com coming from salesforce.com) as spoof and rejecting them. Please advise. Thanks
Hi,
I have so far integrated JIRA to Salesforce where I am able to pull issues from Jira. Currently I am passing the raw credentials in the REST url and looking for passing the credentials in the Authorization Header. For some reason it is not working with the below code.

User-added image

I have tried the same credentials and in the Postmane extension of Chrome and was able to receive the response. I have cross verified the Base64 encoded username:password token in Postman and the one generated in Salesforce and could confirm they were same. Sounds silly but I also decoded the encoded token to cross verify the credentials.

User-added image

Any advise as to what could be the possible reasons. Since it is working fine with Postman client it doesn't seems to be an issue with Jira.

Thanks
Hi, Im am trying to show an image if a formula text field is not blank. I have acheived the desired reult with another object based on a checkbox been false but cannot replicate based on a blank vale in the text formula field. So far i have this:

IF(
NOT(ISBLANK(Special_Instructions__c)),
IMAGE( "/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015D0000003l2n5", "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS"),
IMAGE( "/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015D0000002Fpg4", "NO INSTRUCTIONS"))

Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to retrieve records from MONGO DB and show it in salesforce using REST API?

Is it possible to insert records to Mongo db from Salesforce using REST ?

if Possible,Any Code Samples Please?

Thanks,
Ravi Narayanan
Hi Everyone,
     I'm looking to integrate with an API call to a Node.JS server. Does anyone have experience with this? How to I begin, where can I build this?
THanks in advance!

Hi ,

Can anyone make recommendations of the tools available to connect Salesforce and JIRA?( This is to integrate Salesforce.com cases and JIRA issues)

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

Is it possible to integrate JIRA with salesforce using web services.

If possible then please any body can suggest me any tutorial or link where I can find the integration guide line.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Goldy 

• January 13, 2011

Salesforce released a video a while ago showing the capabilities of batch apex:

batch video

In the video they show a progress bar that auto updates, and the ability to come back to the batch request and view the status. Does any SF developer have the code to handle this in VF and apex? Most documentation says to go to Setup to view the status...seeing this happen in VF is sweet if only they showed how they did it in the video.

anyone?

James

• November 11, 2009