• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with the following requirement?

Requirement: allow community users on different accounts to share cases with one another.

Use Case: a case is created by a company communities user (Account A) and they want to share it with an customer community user (Account B)
We don’t want customer community users to see cases created by company users unless given permission for that specific record.

Business context: we have internal employees that share cases with contractors and vice versa.

Current Setup:
  • Our organization wide default for cases is set to private
  • We’re using customer community and company community licenses
  • We have a community sharing setting for cases where access is determined by User:Account = Case:Contact.Account
I've read about apex sharing but I'm seeing conflicting documentation so I'm wondering if someone has achieved this before.

Best,

Kevin
We've built a custom lightning component that we’re using as the header in our Napili template. We’re trying to incorporate the standard ‘Profile Header’ into our custom header (or something similar). I couldn’t find anything online about the code behind the profile header component. Does anyone have any suggestions?

User-added image
We suddenly started seeing an error in our Community (help.medallia.com) on our Contact Support page. We're using the communities templates product, and it looks like the Case Comment module and the Attachment module (from site.com's view) are the modules that are having the issue. We see the error, "Oops, something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again." Screenshot attached.

I recently turned on "Enable Community Case Feed" in Support Settings, but I've turned that off. Could that be affecting it?

We are using the Napili template for Communities and the Koa template for Knowledge Center. 

We are using the following modules:
- Case Comments - not customized
- Case Attachments - not customized 
- Contact support - built in site.com. This triggers an action to create a new case in our service cloud.

User-added image
Thanks in advance!
I am using this JavaScript to display a hyperlink. When I click the link, I am not taken anywhere. Could you please let me know why that might be? 

<script >
    //get survey link
    function goSurvey() {
        var param = '';
        var url = document.URL;

var match = /(\/article\/)(.*)/g.exec(url);
        if(match!=null) {
            var param = match[2];
        }
        var fname = '{!CurrentUser.firstName}';
        var lname = '{!CurrentUser.lastName}';
        var email = '{!CurrentUser.email}'; {!

var link = 'http://survey.medallia.com/articlefeedback?u=' + param + '&e=' + email + '&f=' + fname + '&l=' + lname;
        window.open(link);
    };
</script>

<center> 
    <a id="articleFeedback" title="Rate this article" href="#" onclick="goSurvey();return false;">Rate this article</a> 
</center>
We've built a custom lightning component that we’re using as the header in our Napili template. We’re trying to incorporate the standard ‘Profile Header’ into our custom header (or something similar). I couldn’t find anything online about the code behind the profile header component. Does anyone have any suggestions?

User-added image