• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everyone,
I am building a referral system where my clients can share a link with a URL query string containing a clients Record ID. When the client's referral submits a form, that passes the client's Record ID to a different field on the new contact, called Referral ID. So:

Contact A, John Smith: Record ID = 00000000001, Referral ID = null
Contact B, Jane Doe: Record ID = 00000000002, Referral ID = 00000000001

I want to add another field on the contact that will fill with the referrer's name, i.e.

Contact B, Jane Doe: Record ID = 00000000002, Referral ID = 00000000001, Referrer = John Smith

So I want to lookup the Referral ID as if it were the Record ID and fill a field with the Name associated with that lookup. Can anyone help me? Is this possible with formulas? Or SOQL? Or Apex?

Hello everyone,
I am building a referral system where my clients can share a link with a URL query string containing a clients Record ID. When the client's referral submits a form, that passes the client's Record ID to a different field on the new contact, called Referral ID. So:

I want to add another field on the contact that will fill with the referrer's name, i.e.

Contact B, Jane Doe: Record ID = 00000000002, Referral ID = 00000000001, Referrer = John Smith

So I want to lookup the Referral ID as if it were the Record ID and fill a field with the Name associated with that lookup. Can anyone help me? Is this possible with formulas? Or SOQL? Or Apex?

I've made a new organization-wide e-mail address. The e-mail address is a Google Group (e.g. customersupport@businessname.com).
Unfortunately I am not able to receive the email with the verification link.

Things I've tried (without success):
- Create another organization-wide e-mail address with a new Google Group
- Create another organization-wide e-mail address with an existing e-mail address (e.g. employee@businessname.com)
- Add the Salesforce IP Addresses to the whitelist of our organization in Gmail (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003652&language=en_EN)
- Write an inbound e-mail service that creates a task when with the body of the email (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/4188/gmail-forwarding-address-verification-code-for-apex-email-service). Couldn't get this to work. I'm quite new to Salesforce Development.

Does anyone know how to verify the e-mail address? 
  • August 10, 2015
Hello everyone,