• 45 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to have two lookups for contact and two lookup for a custom object, so that i can send email to them on sendEmail button action. I am stuck at how to fetch multiple id's of lookup in controller and send the mail.
Custom field didn't show up when - was skipped  (Roster_Fields_to_Hide) using the API.
    Exact same field in 2 diff obj - ref same global value set, same name, etc.  One was a custom object (Registration) and the a Standard Object (Contacts).  The field appeared in the custom object, not the standard.

To test whether it was a problem of two fields with same name in different objects, we added Roster_Fields_to_Hide1 to Contacts object and neither  of the two fields came down using the API.  
Is it possible to enabled bulk api in profession edition or increase the storage quota in devloper edition ? I am not able to contact support for this.
Hello Everyone,
I am getting SOQL exception whenever I will insert records more than 1000. Now the scenario is when all the records inserted it only executes 3 SOQL statements but then Trigger fired (Before Insert,After Insert,Before Update,After Update) in a batch of 200. 

The same code of trigger repeats for each 200 batch of records and then the SOQL limits increased to 100 in the last batch and then ultimately failed.

The issue is it all executed in one apex transaction.(Apex Transaction Limit 100)

NOTE: I cannot change the functionality inside the trigger.

Is there any solution for this sceanrio?

Thanks in advance.

-Abhishek
What will happen if we have Inactive Systems Engineer on an account?
Does Inactive user thing has any impact on the accounts?
Hello! I need to allow our customer service reps to view data related to our customers when they pull up their account. The issue is that the data related to our customers is external to SF (customer search data, related marketing data, etc.). This data is large (we are talking about 200-300 GB worth of data in total, 100-200 million records ... potentially growing in the future).

So moving this data (which is read-only as far as the customer service rep is concerned) in SF to me seems impractical and expensive (SF storage is not cheap). 

We already have all this data in the desired format, staged outside of SF (in various on-prem Oracle DBs). 

What would be the best way to approach this? What have other people done so far? 
Hook up the Account page to a VF page that calls a service (Java) that queries the data?
Hook up the Account external objects to oData connecting directly to the database? 
Any preference or difference over databases on-prem or cloud and if cloud ... did anyone have any good results with a specific cloud data storage configuration? (in terms of performance/respons times, etc.).

PS: can't use Heroku because the Heroku DBs are not SOX compliant right now. That's what we would have done but ... we can't. Didn't pass SOX validation. 

Thanks!
What would happen if I perform a DML update operation on the before update trigger of the same sObject record ?
Hi good evening,

I have a developer team and i want each developer work in one sandbox. After, i will need to do the merge of these sandboxes. How can i do this?
Very frustrating. I've attempted this challenge in the DE I was previously working in where I created the reports that need to be added into the dashboard. I have now tried it in two separate NEW DEs where I recreated the reports and built the dashboard. The error code has changed from yesterday but the end result is the same:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: HAKDYYXE
Any suggestions on how to move forward. The Dev Community account is new. However, this would be my 129th Trailhead badge.
Hi good afternoon,

I would want to save externally my structure after deploy my customizations to production. Is there any way to download this settings? 
Hello - my company's sales organization includes both salaried salespeople and outside agents.  Is it possuble to create a user license or role that would give the outside agents access to an Account and Opportunity, but hide any fields/information we dont want them to see?  We use BigMachines as our configuration and pricing tool.  Our agents need access to BigMachines in order to create quotes.  To do so, they need to be able to access an account and opportunity.  But we dont want to share the sensitive information that is stored on the account and opportunity pages.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I am unable to pass the step 6. The error shows as following: "Could not find just one PermissionSet enabled for 2FA."

I have created only one permission set, but still the error appears. please suggest
Hi,

How to see wheter an application is sales cloud or service cloud??
Hi all,

I am new to Salesforce REST API and I'm trying to get the Opportunity Owner value as shown in the UI thru the REST API.  Calling the REST API will only return the OwnerId and I would like to return value shown in the UI which is the firstname and lastname.  I can actually do this by creating a custom formula field but I was wondering if there is another way to do this without creating a custom field.

Thanks,
Victor
I think I'm losing it.  Could someone confirm some items for me?
  1. At the start of the module, we only have the following camping components, right?
    1. camping.cmp
    2. campingHeader.cmp
    3. campingList.cmp
    4. campingListItem.cmp
    5. campingListController.cmp
  2. We haven't been asked to create an app or assign the components, so how do we test?
  3. I've been trying to update the campingHeader.cmp per the second/thrid sentences of the project, but I can't seem to figure out if it's working or what it should even look like?  I even tried cut/pasting the code from the lesson, but that's all in an a.pp so now I'm completely lost. 

Any suggestions?

How many times a trigger will be executed when try to insert 1000 records to a standard object like Accounts. How to test this? Thank you very much in advance.

The challenge checkboxes arent working on my iphone or ipad.  Is this a common bug?