• 70 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi i am new to salesforce. I want to change styleclass of the html span element based on whether or not the <Apex:selectoption> is selected or not.Here is the piece code :-
 <li id="li1">
                            <a href="javascript:void(0)">
                                <apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.PMO,'/PMO/images/sibarimg1.png')}"/>
                                <span>Availability</span>
                            </a>
                            <ul class="dropdown">
                                <apex:SelectCheckboxes value="{!selectedAvailability}" layout="pageDirection">
                                    <apex:selectoption itemlabel="0% (Available)" itemvalue="0" id="opt1" onclick="changeclass()"/>
                                    <apex:selectoption itemlabel="25%" itemvalue="75" id="opt2"/>    
                                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="50%" itemValue="50" id="opt3"/>  
                                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="75%" itemValue="25"  id="opt4"/>
                                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="100% (Not Available)" itemValue="100" id="opt5"/>                                      
                                </apex:SelectCheckboxes>
                            </ul>
                            <!--submenu finish-->
                        </li>
I want to change style of <li> based on the selection of any of the selectoption. Any ideas, how can we do that? 
i i am new to salesforce. I want to display some records on a pageblocktable, which must be based on the picklist field. e.g. If i select Quarter4 from quarter picklist field pageblocktable must show records for the particular quarter. Anyone know how to do that? I am attaching my VF page and controller code here. VF page-
<apex:page standardController="contact"  extensions="cntrl_bulk_test"> <!-- controller="cntrl_bulk_test" -->
    <apex:form id="frm">
        <apex:pageBlock id="pgBlkSkilllevel">
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!lsttopiclevel1 }" var="a">

<apex:column headerValue="Skill Group">
                    <apex:outputField value="{!a.Skill_Group__c}"/>
                  <!--  <apex:inputfield value="{!a.Skill_Group__c}"/> -->
                </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Topic Name">
                    <apex:outputField value="{!a.Topic__r.Name}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Skill Target">
                    <apex:outputField value="{!a.skill_level_expected__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Skill Level">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!a.Skill_Level__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Year">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!a.Year__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Quarter">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!a.Quarter__c}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
        <br/>

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveSkillLevelRating}" /> <!--onclick="window.top.location='/{!Contact.id}'; return false"-->
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

controller-
public with sharing class cntrl_bulk_test
{
    Public static Id EmployeeId {get;set;}
    Public  List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c> lsttopiclevel{get;set;}
    list<Contact_Topic_Scale__c> LstSkilllevels = new list<Contact_Topic_Scale__c>();
    public List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c> lsttopiclevel1 {get;set;}
   public ApexPages.StandardController controller {get; set;}    

public cntrl_bulk_test(ApexPages.StandardController controller)
    {
         this.controller = controller;
         EmployeeId =system.currentpagereference().getparameters().get('id');
         Contact coninfo = [select name from contact where id =: controller.getId()];
         lsttopiclevel1 = new List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c>([SELECT Id, Core_Skill_Set__c,Contact_Skill_Set__c,Delta_Actual_vs_Expected__c,Employee__c,Quarter__c,Skill_Group__c,Skill_Level__c,skill_level_expected__c,Year__c,Topic__r.Name FROM Contact_Topic_Scale__c where Employee__c =: coninfo.name ORDER BY Skill_Group__c ASC ]);
    }

Public PageReference saveSkillLevelRating()
    {
           //controller.save(); // call save method from standart controller
           //System.debug('*******saveSkillLevelRating0*******');

//PageReference pageRef = system.currentpagereference();
           PageReference pageRef = ApexPages.currentPage();
           System.debug('********************************************************************************lsttopiclevel=' + lsttopiclevel1 );
           update lsttopiclevel1 ;
           System.debug('********************************************************************************lsttopiclevel=' + lsttopiclevel1 );
           return null;
           //return pageRef ;

}   
}
Hi I am new to salesforce.I have one inline VF page on contacts layout. I have written following code to bulk update various records on a custom object, but it is not working properly.
VF page-
<apex:page standardController="contact"  extensions="cntrl_bulk_test"> <!-- controller="cntrl_bulk_test" -->
    <apex:form >
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!lsttopiclevel}" var="a">

<br/>

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveSkillLevelRating}"  reRender="pgBlkSkilllevel"/>

Controller-
{
    Public static List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c> lsttopiclevel{get;set;}

{
         Contact coninfo = [select name from contact where id =: EmployeeId];
         lsttopiclevel = new List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c>([SELECT Id, Core_Skill_Set__c,Contact_Skill_Set__c,Delta_Actual_vs_Expected__c,Employee__c,Quarter__c,Skill_Group__c,Skill_Level__c,skill_level_expected__c,Year__c,Topic__r.Name FROM Contact_Topic_Scale__c where Employee__c =: coninfo.name ORDER BY Skill_Group__c ASC ]);
    }

{
           System.debug('*******saveSkillLevelRating0*******');

update lsttopiclevel;
           return pageRef ;
    }   
}

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Hi I am new to salesforce. i need help for writting a test class for the following controller.Can anyone help me with it.
public class my_groups
{
 Set<Id> setGroupMemberId = new Set<Id>();
    public cntrl_my_groups()
                        {

List<CollaborationGroup> lstGroup = new List<CollaborationGroup>();
                        Id currentUserId = UserInfo.getUserId();
                        List<CollaborationGroupMember> lstGroupMember = [SELECT CollaborationGroupId,MemberId FROM CollaborationGroupMember where MemberId =:currentUserId];
                        for(CollaborationGroupMember gm : lstGroupMember)
                            {
                        setGroupMemberId.add(gm.CollaborationGroupId);   
                            }
                        }
    public list<CollaborationGroup> get_my_group
        {
            get
            {
            if(setGroupMemberId.size() > 0)
            get_my_group = [SELECT Id,Name FROM CollaborationGroup where Id in: setGroupMemberId];  
            return get_my_group;
            }
            set;
        }               
}

Any kind of help will be Appreciated.Thanks
Hi all,I am new to salesforce. I want to display user's list of groups in which he is member in a community via homepage component.Does anyone know how to do that in visaulforce page.I am not sure about how to take current logged in user's Id and search the chatter groups for that user as member.Any help will be appreciated. 
I am new to salesforce. I have a community for my users in sandbox.Community is in the preview mode.The login to the community site is working just fine, i can login to the community with the test user's credentials.The problem is when a user forgets their password and tries to reset it. It sends an email to the user with the template assigned to the Forgot Password community setting. The email template includes the {!Community_URL} merge field. Ideally the email received contains a link to the page with some type of reset token as a parameter(your_community_domain/communitiy_name/login?c=TOKEN),and it should be redirected to the change password page. But When the user clicks on the above link, it gets redirected to the link (your_community_domain/communitiy_name/secur/forgotpassword.jsp?r=some token) which redirects to login page and thus there is no way for them to reset their password. Interesting thing is as community is in preview mode ideally it should not be sending any forgot password mails, but in this case it is sending mail with wrong url.

So what should I do to fix this issue? Any kind of help will be appreciated.Thanks.
Hi all, I have one community which is in preview (not activated) mode.Login to the community is working fine but when i am selecting forgot password, the mail im receiving contains wrong link which returns me to home page instead of change password page.Any solution?
Hi, can we use javascript remoting without using visualforce page. I want to provide community login,forgot password, change password functionality  by using html and javscript only. anyone know how to do it??
Hi, i am new to salesforce. I have created site.com site. I want to implement search functionality which will search a keyword in the site content and gives back the result.so, how can we do that?
Hi i am new to salesfroce. i want to create community login page in html. Html page should accept username, password and after logging in, user should be taken to community directly(after authentication and validation). How can we do that?
Hi all, i am new to salesforce. I want to implement community login through community builder page(bypassing the standard community login page). my community builder page will take username and password and authenticate the user and go to community. So how can we do it?? i wrote controller which is used to login user from custom vf page. so, how can we call the apex method for login from community/site.com page? 
how to create a custom communities login page using site.com (now called community designer)? It will be useful for business users who want to create a 100% custom branded community with site.com instead of VisualForce+APEX. How can we create custom login page in site.com. please help
Hi, i am new to salesforce. I am trying to create page in Site.com. in which there is one block which is for entering username and password. I want that to be used as community login. So when user enters username and password he can be authinticated and directly redirected to community(bypassing standard salesfroce community login page). How can we do that?? any help?

Thanks.
Hi i am new to salesforce. i have to implement one functionality in salesforce.I am creating Employee leave system. Scenario is
If u have taken leave on certain date(e.g. 1st may) and it got approved and then again if you try to apply for another leave on the same date(1st may) then your application will not be submitted.How to do that?
please Help.
Hi i am very new to salesforce. I want to know what is knowledege and articles in salesforce and its uses, features.Any examples will be good.Thank you.
Hi, i am new to salesforce. I was trying to enter multiple records through VF page. I did acheved that but what i want is different values for different fields but one constant field value which will appear only once in the form and should get inserted multiple times with other records. How can we do that?? 
Hello,
I am new to salesforce. I have one junction object called allocation__c which is junction between contact and project__c. Allocation has various fields. after selecting time period(1 week,2 week,1 month,2 months etc.) i want to generate multiple records with same field values but each record for only one week.i.e. if i select 1 month then there should be four records with other parameters remaining same but just change in start and end date. how can we do that??
Hi i am new to salesforce, i have one custom object which have master-detail relationship with contact. I have sum roll-up summary field on contact which calculates the sum of one field viz. allocations on the child object. I have one picklist field on the child object for week. Now what i want to do is to change the value of the rollup field based on the value of week. Please tell me how to do that?

Hi,
I have one custom object named EmplyeeTopicRating__c is on detail side of contact standard object.Based on the name of contact i want to fetch list of records from EmplyeeTopicRating__c. so i have written custom controller for it.It didnt give me any error but it doesnt fetches values on EmplyeeTopicRating__c object.so please give me solution.
**************my controller***********************************
public class contactextention 
{

public contact cont{get;set;}
    public PageReference save() 
    {    update cont;
        return null;
    }

public contactextention() {
    String acctId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
     cont = [Select Name From contact Where Id = :acctId];
   }

public list<EmplyeeTopicRating__c> ratings1
    { get {
           ratings1 =[select Employee_name__c,Employee_name__r.ContactRole__r.Name,TopicPriorityRecord__r.Priority__c,quarter__c,Ratings__c,Year__c,
                TopicPriorityRecord__r.Topic_Name__r.Group_Name__r.Name,TopicPriorityRecord__r.Topic_Name__r.Name from EmplyeeTopicRating__c where Employee_name__c=:cont.name];
          return ratings1;
         }
        set;
        }
    public String getGreeting() 
    {
        return 'Hello ' + cont.name + ' (' + cont.id + ')';
    }

}
*******************VF page***********************
<apex:page controller="contactextention">
{!Greeting}

<Apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageblockButtons >
             <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="save" />
        </apex:pageblockButtons>
        <apex:pageBlockSection >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ratings1}" var="etr">

<apex:inputField value="{!etr.Year__c}"/>
                  <apex:outputField value="{!etr.quarter__c}"/>
                  <apex:column headerValue="Role name">
                  <apex:outputField value="{!etr.TopicPriorityRecord__r.Role__r.Name}"/>
                  <apex:column headerValue="Priority no">
                  <apex:outputField value="{!etr.TopicPriorityRecord__r.Priority__c}"/>
                  <apex:column headerValue="Ratings">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!etr.Ratings__c}"/>
                  <apex:outputField value="{!etr.TopicPriorityRecord__r.Topic_Name__r.Name}"/>
        </Apex:pageblockTable>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </Apex:pageBlock>

please show whats wrong in the code
Hi all,I am new to salesforce. I want to display user's list of groups in which he is member in a community via homepage component.Does anyone know how to do that in visaulforce page.I am not sure about how to take current logged in user's Id and search the chatter groups for that user as member.Any help will be appreciated. 
Hi i am new to salesforce. I want to change styleclass of the html span element based on whether or not the <Apex:selectoption> is selected or not.Here is the piece code :-
 <li id="li1">
                            <a href="javascript:void(0)">
                                <apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.PMO,'/PMO/images/sibarimg1.png')}"/>
                                <span>Availability</span>
                            </a>
                            <ul class="dropdown">
                                <apex:SelectCheckboxes value="{!selectedAvailability}" layout="pageDirection">
                                    <apex:selectoption itemlabel="0% (Available)" itemvalue="0" id="opt1" onclick="changeclass()"/>
                                    <apex:selectoption itemlabel="25%" itemvalue="75" id="opt2"/>    
                                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="50%" itemValue="50" id="opt3"/>  
                                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="75%" itemValue="25"  id="opt4"/>
                                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="100% (Not Available)" itemValue="100" id="opt5"/>                                      
                                </apex:SelectCheckboxes>
                            </ul>
                            <!--submenu finish-->
                        </li>
I want to change style of <li> based on the selection of any of the selectoption. Any ideas, how can we do that? 
Hi I am new to salesforce.I have one inline VF page on contacts layout. I have written following code to bulk update various records on a custom object, but it is not working properly.
VF page-
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!lsttopiclevel}" var="a">

<br/>

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveSkillLevelRating}"  reRender="pgBlkSkilllevel"/>

Controller-
{
    Public static List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c> lsttopiclevel{get;set;}

{
         Contact coninfo = [select name from contact where id =: EmployeeId];
         lsttopiclevel = new List<Contact_Topic_Scale__c>([SELECT Id, Core_Skill_Set__c,Contact_Skill_Set__c,Delta_Actual_vs_Expected__c,Employee__c,Quarter__c,Skill_Group__c,Skill_Level__c,skill_level_expected__c,Year__c,Topic__r.Name FROM Contact_Topic_Scale__c where Employee__c =: coninfo.name ORDER BY Skill_Group__c ASC ]);
    }

{
           System.debug('*******saveSkillLevelRating0*******');

update lsttopiclevel;
           return pageRef ;
    }   
}

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Hi I am new to salesforce. i need help for writting a test class for the following controller.Can anyone help me with it.
public class my_groups
{
 Set<Id> setGroupMemberId = new Set<Id>();
    public cntrl_my_groups()
                        {

List<CollaborationGroup> lstGroup = new List<CollaborationGroup>();
                        Id currentUserId = UserInfo.getUserId();
                        List<CollaborationGroupMember> lstGroupMember = [SELECT CollaborationGroupId,MemberId FROM CollaborationGroupMember where MemberId =:currentUserId];
                        for(CollaborationGroupMember gm : lstGroupMember)
                            {
                        setGroupMemberId.add(gm.CollaborationGroupId);   
                            }
                        }
    public list<CollaborationGroup> get_my_group
        {
            get
            {
            if(setGroupMemberId.size() > 0)
            get_my_group = [SELECT Id,Name FROM CollaborationGroup where Id in: setGroupMemberId];  
            return get_my_group;
            }
            set;
        }               
}

Any kind of help will be Appreciated.Thanks
Hi guys,

Types of the controller!!!! and their functionality!!!

Hi All,

currently i am setting up live agent in sanbox,i did not understand what is live agent supervisor? is it a user who is supervisor of that live agent?
Kindly let me know what is live agent supervisor,what he can do,what is the use of it,

Thanks,
Sudhakar.

I am new to salesforce. I have a community for my users in sandbox.Community is in the preview mode.The login to the community site is working just fine, i can login to the community with the test user's credentials.The problem is when a user forgets their password and tries to reset it. It sends an email to the user with the template assigned to the Forgot Password community setting. The email template includes the {!Community_URL} merge field. Ideally the email received contains a link to the page with some type of reset token as a parameter(your_community_domain/communitiy_name/login?c=TOKEN),and it should be redirected to the change password page. But When the user clicks on the above link, it gets redirected to the link (your_community_domain/communitiy_name/secur/forgotpassword.jsp?r=some token) which redirects to login page and thus there is no way for them to reset their password. Interesting thing is as community is in preview mode ideally it should not be sending any forgot password mails, but in this case it is sending mail with wrong url.

So what should I do to fix this issue? Any kind of help will be appreciated.Thanks.
Hi, i am new to salesforce. I have created site.com site. I want to implement search functionality which will search a keyword in the site content and gives back the result.so, how can we do that?
Hello,
I am new to salesforce. I have one junction object called allocation__c which is junction between contact and project__c. Allocation has various fields. after selecting time period(1 week,2 week,1 month,2 months etc.) i want to generate multiple records with same field values but each record for only one week.i.e. if i select 1 month then there should be four records with other parameters remaining same but just change in start and end date. how can we do that??
Does anybody has a working example that uses the connection.login.js ?

I'm trying to connect to salesforce from an exterior website using javascript and getting an Error.

Here is My code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<script src="https://na6.salesforce.com/soap/ajax/30.0/connection.js" ></script>

<script type="text/javascript" >

function logincall()
{

try{

var usrname = document.getElementById('userid').value;
    var passwrd = document.getElementById('passid').value;

if(usrname == null || usrname == '' || passwrd == null || passwrd == '')
    {
        alert('Please enter Username AND Password');
        return;
    }

var result = sforce.connection.login(usrname, passwrd);

alert("Logged in with session id " + result.sessionId);
    }
    catch(error)
    {
        alert(error);

}

}
</script>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

To test logging into a Salesforce Instance using the connection.js "login" call

<table>
        <tr>
            <td>Username</td>
            <td><input type="text" id="userid" value="" /></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>Password</td>
            <td><input type="password" id="passid" value="" /></td>
        </tr>

</table>

<input type="button" value="Login" onclick="logincall();" />

</BODY>

</HTML>

I'm getting an Error :  The requested url services/Soap/u/30.0 was not found on this server

Any idea anyone?

Hi,

Can anyone please help me regarding integration of lotus notes to salesforce.

Thanks

Vishal

• September 24, 2013

I am looking at site.com and while it all looks very good I am left with a simple question.  Can I create visual force pages with it and import them into my site created in salesforce "propper"?

If not then what is site.com all about?

All the tutorials tell me hwo to create pages with site.com but I don't see how to integrate my salesforce "propper" sites and objects with this tool.

I am working on something where I want to allow an admin to assign items to a Public Group.  Then, at runtime, I need to determine what Public Groups a user is in (directly or via Roles / Roles + Subordinates) and display the appropriate items.  Because Public Groups can be complicated having other Public Groups as Members and also Roles & Subordinates, figuring out the Groups a user is in can be difficult.

I started a conversation on Twitter about it and then did some research and have a starting point.  I'd like to encourage others to help me vet this and then it could become a Cookbook item down the line.  Here's what I got...

I think this can be done in 2 steps without much looping.  From what I can tell, the Group table can contain all kinds of Groups ("Regular" Public Groups, Roles, Soles & Subordinates, Queues, etc.).  The Group Member table seems to only contain pointers to Users or to Other Groups.  Groups that are copies of Roles and Roles & Subordinates have a Related Id filled in.  

I believe the following 2 queries could determine the Public Groups that a User is actually in...

1) Query the Group table to get the Group records where the Related Id = the users's role.  We could filter for Type of Role or RoleAndSubordinates, but it seems that anything with a RelatedId filled in is one of those types.  This query is essentially getting the Group records that mirror our Role record.

List<String> roleRelatedGroupIds = new List<String>();
for (Group g : [SELECT id, RelatedId, Type FROM Group where RelatedId= :UserInfo.getUserRoleId()]{
   roleRelatedGroupIds.add(g.id);
}

2) Next we query the Group Member table for records where our user is specifically assigned and  also include records where our role is assigned.

List<String> allGroupIDs = new List<String>();
for (GroupMember gm : [SELECT Id, group.id, group.name, group.type FROM GroupMember where (UserOrGroupId = :UserInfo.getUserId() AND group.type='Regular') OR (UserOrGroupId IN :roleRelatedGroupIds AND group.type='Regular')]{
allGroupIDs.add(gm.group.id);
}

I'd need to hack at this given lots of users and lots of Group Types like Queues, Territories, Roles, Public Groups, etc.  From what I've been able to test, this works.

• March 09, 2011
Hi,

I want to login from html page to slaeforce using ajax toolkit?

Can some one point right direction for this?

which url I have to give or which method will helpful for that?

How to get session id? and pass to request?

Can I call with httpsXmlReuest?
  • September 08, 2008