• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In Spring 16 release there is new feature introduced "Update Fields on Converted Leads".

Once a Lead is converted, the data is only accessible in a read-only fashion via the Converted Leads report. But now from what I read in the link below, users with specified permissions can update fields and picklist values on Leads already converted.
http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring16/release-notes/rn_sales_leads_edit_converted_leads.htm?edition=&impact=

So I went through the steps outlined in the salesforce release notes above. I get stuck on step 4:

"4. Add the setting to your profiles. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then select Profiles. Select the profile and then select Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation."

When I go the profiles section, I find the "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" but I can't select the checkbox. Please help.

As an ISV, say you introduce references to Person Account fields in your Apex code in a managed package.

Does this imply that any customer wishing to install your package needs to enable Person Accounts??  If so, what are the best practices or workarounds for this?  Obviously we cannot assume that all potential customers will want to enable Person Accounts in their orgs...

Thanks.

Dave

• June 17, 2010