• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys,

I am hoping that someone could help me with a lightning page. I have a couple of formula fields that I need to display on the mulit-line layout when adding a product to an opportunity. 
Is there any standard script available to begin with?
I have 4 or five custom objects each of which have start and end dates associated to them. Within each of the custom objects I have created custom traffic light images which track the end date fields e.g. if end date is greater than 8 days then Green, between 4 & 7 Yellow, below 4 then Red. 
The custom objects in question are all child objects of Accounts.

What I think would be a 'nice to have' feature is if I could show the traffic light information in a component on the Account page layout. Is this possible?
  • March 25, 2018
Is it possible to build both a partner community and a customer community from scratch without the need for purchasing licenses? We have a client who could have up to 3000 customers and wants to explore a custom build partner / customer community. 
  • March 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have created a formula field that shows me the difference between 2 date fields in word format (see screen shot below). We have identified an issue with the formula e.g. if  the Start Date = 1st March 2018 and the End Date = 29th April 2018 it records this as only 1 month which is incorrect for our business requirement. It needs to record this as 2 months. I have outlined the formula that I am currently using below along with a screen shot of the fields in question which shows an example of what I am referring too. Is anyone able to help me resolve this?

IF(   Lease_End_Date__c    >= DATE(YEAR( Lease_End_Date__c ), MONTH(   Lease_Start_Date__c   ), DAY( Lease_Start_Date__c )),
TEXT(YEAR( Lease_End_Date__c ) - YEAR( Lease_Start_Date__c )),
TEXT(YEAR( Lease_End_Date__c ) - YEAR( Lease_Start_Date__c ) - 1)) & " Years" &
IF(MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ) = MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c),
IF(DAY( Lease_End_Date__c ) >= DAY( Lease_Start_Date__c ), "", " & 11 Months"),
IF(MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c ) > MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ),
" & " & TEXT(12 - (MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c ) - MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ))) & " Months",
" & " & TEXT(MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ) - MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c )) & " Months"))

User-added image
  • March 05, 2018
I have 2 date fields Period_Start_Date__c and Period_End_Date__c. Period_End_Date__c should be 364 days after the Period_Start_Date__c. This works fine for normal years but I have noticed that for a leap year (2020) it does not take the extra day into consideration.
Can somebody help me with a solution to this?
  • January 23, 2018
Is there anyway that I can investigate the actual root cause of an issue that I have been facing with installing an unmanaged package. I do recieve the error message, and I have applied changes as suggested by the community but I am still getting the same error and I cannot seem to get around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • January 16, 2018
I have already posted this twice but nobody has been able to help me resolve it. I keep running into an error message "The ActionId specified was invalid for ActionType QuickAction", when I try to deploy an unmanaged package from a Sandbox environment to a Developer Org. I have enabled Chatter and Notes in the Developer org. 

I have been looking for answers / help with this for almost a week. 
  • January 15, 2018
Can someone help resolve the issue that I have been facing for a couple of days now. I am unable to deploy a simple unmanaged package into a developer org due to this error message that keeps appearing. I have activated Chatter etc.
  • January 14, 2018
I'd like to build a custom component where I can upload and display an image on a custom object 'Certificate__c'.
Can anyone guide me on how to achieve this?
  • December 11, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a unique requirement and I'm trying to figure out the best approach in implementing this.

We have a business requirement whereby we would like clients to be able to go to our website and type in a pin to access their certificate which is on Salesforce. Is this possible?
  • December 06, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a business requirement whereby we need to integrate an Avaya system into Salesforce. The system is an Avaya IP Office 500, and this will be built as part of a service cloud implementation.

How difficult is it to integrate into Avaya using the Open CTI which is available, and is there anything that I need to be aware of in respect to risks involved before I beging this?
  • November 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a trigger that will update the SBQQ__QuoteTemplateId__c field with the correct Template ID based on a custom Opportunity field "Segment__c". 

Can anyone help me with this? 
  • November 06, 2017
I have a requirment which is to only show opportunity records in forecasts that meet a certain criteria (checkbox__c = 'True'). My initial thoughts are that I would need to create a new record type / page layout / sales process to achieve this but I was wondering if anyone has ever designed something similar in the past. 
  • October 26, 2017
Hey guys,

I have created a WFR which updates the Approval_Status__c field to a null value if the Opportunity has already been approved and a user goes back into the record and makes a change to any of the fields.
I would like to an email to be sent to management which notifies them that a particular record has been changed and along with this it should define the fields that have been changed. It would be great if I could inlude the previous / new values.

Is this possible?
  • October 25, 2017
We currently have a process whereby if a user changes any field (bar stage field) on an Opportunity, then they need to resubmit that record for Approval.
Is there a way that I can build a pop up window to notify the user that upon saving this record they will need to resubmit it for approval?
  • October 22, 2017
I have a requirement whereby management would like an email notification if any fields have been updated on the Opportunity record. I'm trying to figure out how to include the actual field that has been updated so that it shows the field From Value and field To Value.
  • October 22, 2017
I have an existing trigger which is running on the Opportunity object. I need to add a validation rule which 
1. Updates the Approval_Status__c field on the Opportunity to a null value if a related Product is modified or a new Product is added to the Opportunity.
2. Prevent a user from moving the stage backwards. 
  • October 22, 2017
Is there any limitations with Opportunity Products that I need to consider when I clone an Opportunity with Products? As in is the a maximum no. of Opportunity Products that can be cloned with the Opportunity?
  • October 10, 2017
I want to override the standard Edit Multi-Line Layout when adding a product to an Opportunity. I need the quantity field to pre populate with a value from a field on the Product object.
  • September 25, 2017
I would like to automatially populate lookup fields on the child object which reflect the same lookup values of the parent object (Opportunity object).
How can I achieve this? I have looked into this and I have found a link below which is helpful to a point, it only shows how to auto populate a text field but not a lookup field.

http://raydehler.com/cloud/clod/salesforce-url-hacking-to-prepopulate-fields-on-a-standard-page-layout.html
  • September 13, 2017
When I add a Product to an Opportunity and change the stage to 'Close Won'. How can I automatically convert that Product to an Asset?
  • September 04, 2017
I have a custom object called Policies which has a lookup field to Contacts. 

In the Case object, I have created a lookup field to Policies. When a user inputs the Policy number I'd like the Case Contact Lookup field to auto populate with the Contact name related to that policy number. 

Can anyone help me with the code for this? Also, if I introduce a trigger on the Case record, will this have an affect on my email to case function. I had configured a Lookup filter on the Contact lookup field which prevented the email to case from working. So I had to remove it. 
  • October 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I am trying to create a validation rule that makes multiple fields mandatory based on various picklist values selected in a picklist field. The fields that I would like to make mandatory include multiple field types. I keep getting error messages using the below formula.

AND(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Picklist_c , "Value 1"),
ISPICKVAL(Picklist_c , "Value 2"),

ISBLANK (Custom_Field_c 1)
ISBLANK (Date_Field_c 1)
ISBLANK (TEXT (Custom_Picklist_c 1)
ISBLANK (Custom_Field_c 2)
​ISBLANK (Date_Field_c 2)
ISBLANK (TEXT (Custom_Picklist_c 2)

Is it possible to build both a partner community and a customer community from scratch without the need for purchasing licenses? We have a client who could have up to 3000 customers and wants to explore a custom build partner / customer community. 
  • March 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have created a formula field that shows me the difference between 2 date fields in word format (see screen shot below). We have identified an issue with the formula e.g. if  the Start Date = 1st March 2018 and the End Date = 29th April 2018 it records this as only 1 month which is incorrect for our business requirement. It needs to record this as 2 months. I have outlined the formula that I am currently using below along with a screen shot of the fields in question which shows an example of what I am referring too. Is anyone able to help me resolve this?

IF(   Lease_End_Date__c    >= DATE(YEAR( Lease_End_Date__c ), MONTH(   Lease_Start_Date__c   ), DAY( Lease_Start_Date__c )),
TEXT(YEAR( Lease_End_Date__c ) - YEAR( Lease_Start_Date__c )),
TEXT(YEAR( Lease_End_Date__c ) - YEAR( Lease_Start_Date__c ) - 1)) & " Years" &
IF(MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ) = MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c),
IF(DAY( Lease_End_Date__c ) >= DAY( Lease_Start_Date__c ), "", " & 11 Months"),
IF(MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c ) > MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ),
" & " & TEXT(12 - (MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c ) - MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ))) & " Months",
" & " & TEXT(MONTH( Lease_End_Date__c ) - MONTH( Lease_Start_Date__c )) & " Months"))

User-added image
  • March 05, 2018
I have 2 date fields Period_Start_Date__c and Period_End_Date__c. Period_End_Date__c should be 364 days after the Period_Start_Date__c. This works fine for normal years but I have noticed that for a leap year (2020) it does not take the extra day into consideration.
Can somebody help me with a solution to this?
  • January 23, 2018
Is there anyway that I can investigate the actual root cause of an issue that I have been facing with installing an unmanaged package. I do recieve the error message, and I have applied changes as suggested by the community but I am still getting the same error and I cannot seem to get around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • January 16, 2018
Can someone help resolve the issue that I have been facing for a couple of days now. I am unable to deploy a simple unmanaged package into a developer org due to this error message that keeps appearing. I have activated Chatter etc.
  • January 14, 2018
I'd like to build a custom component where I can upload and display an image on a custom object 'Certificate__c'.
Can anyone guide me on how to achieve this?
  • December 11, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a trigger that will update the SBQQ__QuoteTemplateId__c field with the correct Template ID based on a custom Opportunity field "Segment__c". 

• November 06, 2017
Hey guys,

I have created a WFR which updates the Approval_Status__c field to a null value if the Opportunity has already been approved and a user goes back into the record and makes a change to any of the fields.
I would like to an email to be sent to management which notifies them that a particular record has been changed and along with this it should define the fields that have been changed. It would be great if I could inlude the previous / new values.

Is this possible?
  • October 25, 2017
I would like to automatially populate lookup fields on the child object which reflect the same lookup values of the parent object (Opportunity object).
How can I achieve this? I have looked into this and I have found a link below which is helpful to a point, it only shows how to auto populate a text field but not a lookup field.

http://raydehler.com/cloud/clod/salesforce-url-hacking-to-prepopulate-fields-on-a-standard-page-layout.html
  • September 13, 2017
On the Product object I have 2 custom fields,  Floor_Price__c and Size__c. 
I want the standard Sales Price to be automatically calculated using the formula Floor_Price__c * Size__c.
So when I add a product to an Opportunity I want the stanard Sales Price to show the value based on the above formula. I have tried using WFR but I have been advised that the only way I can achieve what I am looking for is by using a Trigger. See below for reference.

User-added image

• September 04, 2017
I would like to prevent a user from adding a Product to an Opportunity if that Product has already been related to a Closed Won Opportunity. 

Here is the user story:

An Estate Agent has created an Opportunity for a deal that he/she is working on. He/She adds the the Propert (Product) to the Opportunity. He/She closes the deal as Closed Won.

Another Estate Agent creates a new Opportunity and tries to add the same Property to their Opportunity record. They receive an error message notifying them that this property is no longer available. 
  • August 29, 2017
Hi All,

I'm deploying Account and Contact layouts to production using Eclipse Ide. While validating i'm facing issue like  "ActionId specified was invalid for ActionType QuickAction". Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Thanks