• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for resources on how to integrate jQuery with lightning components. Any attempt I make to use jQuery's $ will throw a "$ is not defined." even when using the noconflict mode.  I've used jQuery in the past (NOT an expert) but I've been able to harness its saveing time power when it comes to manipulating the UI. I'm new to Salesforce and Lightning Components and I'm happy I've been able to aquire certain functionality using traditional javascript though I'd love to be able to use jQuery, it'd save a ton of time on a daily basis. 

Thanks in advance for the help.

Omar
I am struggling with how to get my component to render a list item that leverages a jQuery library. I have found that when I troubleshoot in the JAVA script console, I can get the function to work properly, however, other than that it will not work. I have seen several posts about render and rerender, but nothing seems to fit what I am attempting to do in this instance.

To explain: I have my main component passing a variable through an event to a component withing the application. Once the event fires, I am running a query and presenting a list of draggable items. The styling for the items render from the library, however the draggable ability is not there without the use of the troubleshooting. I have verified that the data is being passed correctly as well as the fact that all libraries are loading from static resources

Here is my component:
<aura:component controller="Evolve_lgt_Controller">
<aura:attribute name="userstory" type="object"/>
<aura:attribute name="sprint" type="object"/>
<aura:handler event="c:RefreshUserStories" action="{!c.list_Story_sprint}"/>
<style type="text/css">
li.draggable-story { width: 75px; height: 75px; padding: 0.5em; float: left; margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px; border-style: solid; text-align: center; list-style: none;}
#droppable { width: 200px; height: 400px; padding: 0.5em; float: left; margin: 10px; list-style: none; border-style: solid;}
</style>
<div class="userstory">
    <ul id="draggable">
        <aura:iteration items="{!v.userstory}" var="us">
            <li class="draggable-story ui-state-default">
                <p><ui:outputText value="{!us.Name}"/></p>
            </li>
        </aura:iteration>
    </ul>   
</div>

And here is my controller:
({
list_Story_sprint: function(component, event, helper) {
    var story = event.getParam("userstory");
    var sprint = event.getParam("sprint");
    helper.getStories(component, story);
    helper.getSprints(component, sprint);
    //$(document).ready(function() { 
        console.log($( "li.draggable-story" ).length);
        $( "li.draggable-story" ).draggable();
        $( "#droppable" ).droppable({
            drop: function( event, ui ) {
                $( this )
                .addClass( "ui-state-highlight" )
                .find( "p" );
            }
        });
    //});
},
})

Any assistance is appreciated.
Hi big audience!
I've developer several components since the release of Lightning framework but I still have a strange problem.
When I load external libraries (most common case is Bootstrap and jQuery) sometimes the jQuery library is not correctly loaded on startup, thus causing problems on dynamically loaded UI.
The docs say I should use the "renderer" with the afterRender event, but doing this I don't see any trace of jQuery (like it is not yet loaded, the $ plugin is undefined), so I can't init my UI from that method.
This leads to random crash of the app on first load, because sometimes the jQUery library is not loaded on startup.
Do you have any suggestions on this?
I'm currently using "setTimeout" to run the UI initializazione asynchronously, but I don't think this is a clean and good solution.
Thanks
Enrico