• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I want to give ability to the customer to write their own custom class and this will be getting called from my managed package.
For example, in my managed package class1 is being called. But within class1 I need to understand that customer don't want to use the logic I have in class1, rather he want to use his own logic, so ideally customer will be writing a CustomClass1 and from my Class1, instead of calling the code of managed package I call CustomClass1 to make the calculations.

One way I can think of using Type.forName and somewhere I store the name of custom class and make use of it.

Looking for suggestions if there is any better way to achieve this.

Thanks!
Hi All,

I am looking for the advise for my below scenario.
We are into a very initial stage of our development and we have a requirement where we need to create two different packages (from two different development orgs), those two packages will use some objects which are common to both packages. So what I thought was.
1) Create a package with the common objects.
2) Install common objects package in development org1 and create dependency on "common objects package".
3) Install common objects package in development org2 and create dependency on "common objects package".

By doing this I do not have to duplicate the objects but I am concerned that once I create a package with the common objects and if while doing development in development org1 or in development org2 I realized that I need to change the data model of "common objects" then I'll not be able to do this easily (becase common objects is already released as a managed package).

Is their any better solution available to such problem? Please advise.

Thanks!