• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using salesforce API in my application where i need to send user data and add it as lead in user's account. I made it work with static parameters, but in my application i need to send custom data with call:
https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id= .......
and then receive the custom data in response so that i can perform further actions in my application. Please help me out how can i make it work to send custom data with api call.
My website is developed in PHP and in my website, there are list of users. I give this option to my website visitors that they can click on any user and save it as a lead in their sales force account. To acheive this , i created a dev account and created an API on salesforce developer account. Then i am using REST api and written all the code. Now when as a visitor i open the website and click on the user to store it as a lead to my salesforce account, it gives the error 

"Error: call to URL https://ap2.salesforce.com/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/Lead/ failed with status 403, response [{"message":"The REST API is not enabled for this Organization.","errorCode":"API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG"}], curl_error , curl_errno 0"

How can i get rid of this message as i can't ask visitors of my website to enable RESPI API in their account first. This is what i ideally want, when visitor who have his salesforce account, click on any user, it should ask for visitor's username and password and permission, and on approval it should store the user as a lead to his account without asking visitor to enable API in his salesforce account. Please help me out how can i fix this, as i am running out of time and i am looking for quick help. Thanks.

My website is developed in PHP and in my website, there are list of users. I give this option to my website visitors that they can click on any user and save it as a lead in their sales force account. To acheive this , i created a dev account and created an API on salesforce developer account. Then i am using REST api and written all the code. Now when as a visitor i open the website and click on the user to store it as a lead to my salesforce account, it gives the error 

"Error: call to URL https://ap2.salesforce.com/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/Lead/ failed with status 403, response [{"message":"The REST API is not enabled for this Organization.","errorCode":"API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG"}], curl_error , curl_errno 0"

How can i get rid of this message as i can't ask visitors of my website to enable RESPI API in their account first. This is what i ideally want, when visitor who have his salesforce account, click on any user, it should ask for visitor's username and password and permission, and on approval it should store the user as a lead to his account without asking visitor to enable API in his salesforce account. Please help me out how can i fix this, as i am running out of time and i am looking for quick help. Thanks.

Hi,

If you are having problems getting your Org to be REST API enabled.

Please email me at: atoussaint at salesforce dot com

And I will make sure it gets enabled for you to start working with it.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

--alex

• December 22, 2010