• SMTS - Customer Centric Engineering
  • Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have SSO configured to successfully login using the user's salesforce.com username.  But if I change the SSO configuration to "Assertion contains the Federation ID from the user object", and I attempt to authenticate at the IDP using the federation ID rather than the user's username I see this error in Saleforce:
"Subject: myfedID@gmail.com
Unable to map the subject to a Salesforce.com user"

In Salesforce SSO config the SAML IDentity Location is set to: "dentity is in the NameIdentifier element of the Subject statement".   And the SAML assertion sent from the IDP clearly contains the federation ID (which is different than the username) that I have set for the user:
<saml2:NameID Format="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress">MyfedID@gmail.com </saml2:NameID>

Any ideas why this might be failing?

Thanks,
Matt

We're getting the following error from the REST API when adding an EventRelation (attendee + relation at the same time) for an existing Event
That is the only user/Org where we experience this. Hundreds of others are syncing fine.

500 Server Error
[{"message":"An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1396712998-62135 (381812194)","errorCode":"UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION"}]

Can the Salesforce development team look into this please?