• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm a senior Java / Web Developer at my current organisation and have been asked to transition over to SalesForce Developement.

I've done a bit of reading up and figured that my best approach would be to really get to grips with SF administration before getting my hands dirty with APEX and the like.

Having a solid grounding in both Java and Web Development it looks on the face of it that quite alot of my current skillset will come in useful (especially with the introduction of Lightening).  Would I be right in thinking this, or is this going to be an uphill struggle?

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has trodden the same path as I am about to and what your experience has been?  Do you have any good advice for me?  Is there anything that looking back you would have done differently?  do you have any regrets?

It'd be great to hear from anyone who has any experience that they would like to share.

Thanks,
Dave.
I have written lightning component to override 'new' action when creating a record. My problem is, that salesforce auto-generates a div element which has a padding that I don't like. How can I change that, or is there any "form-container" that ignores this outer div. I will provide code and pictures for better understanding.

Image of devTools in chrome - this is the div salesforce is auto-generating that has a padding around it.
User-added image

My component code:
<aura:component description="testComponent" implements="lightning:actionOverride" access="global" >
 <p>Test style</p>
 </aura:component>
Image of the component in action
User-added image
As you can see, there is padding around my lightning component. This is a problem because my other forms' which are generated by Salesforce(standard) are looking different.

This is the standard form, generated by Salesforce, as you can see, the div is in the middle of my form.
User-added image

I think I have to use a specific container or outer element around my customs form so that salesforce knows where to put my lightning component?  Have not found any solutions yet. Modifying the DOM elements generated by Salesforce is a very bad idea so I don't want to do to that.

Thanks in advance