• 15 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want put a trigger on contact. When ever a contact is created and Account is tied to it then I want to set custom field Acct_Industry__c to the value of the industry in the Account Object. 

I know it is basic scenario question but I am new to salesforce. Any help is appreciated. 
  • October 11, 2016
I have been looking at other posts but not able to find the solution for my requirement. I have a batch job which is creating opportunities and assignes them to a user based on the location of the Account. In the finish method, I want to send email to the user, with the list of opportunities assigned to him. 
Example if 10 opportunities are created for a user, I want to send only one email with a link to the 10 opportunities in the body of the email. The number of emails which go out depends on the distinct users for which opportunities are created.

Can we achive this. If yes what is the best solution. Can someone please help me out.
  • September 27, 2016
I have been looking at other posts for my questions on how Apex batch works when there is an Error. Somehow I am not able to clear my self. I have couple of questions. Can someone please clarify.

1. Assume a batch process has 3 iterations processing 200 records each. The batch process is doing an insert and I am using Database.Insert with AllorNone parameter set to False. Assume there was an error during the second iteration while processing 101 record.I understand that all the records in the first iteration will be committed and also the 100 records in the second iteration. My question is will the batch process continue to process other records in the second iteration and also the third iteration.

2. Assume all the 3 iterations (execute method) completed without any error but some error occured in the Finish method. Finish method just sends an email. How does this work, considering that I am using Database.Insert and AllorNone parameter set to False. My understanding is that all the records will be committed to the database but user will not be receiving email that the batch was successfull or not. I am confused how this scenario will work in the real time.
  • September 05, 2016
I have been looking at other posts for my questions on how Apex batch works when there is an Error. Somehow I am not able to clear my self. I have couple of questions. Can someone please clarify.

1. Assume a batch process has 3 iterations processing 200 records each. The batch process is doing an insert and I am using Database.Insert with AllorNone parameter set to False. Assume there was an error during the second iteration while processing 101 record.I understand that all the records in the first iteration will be committed and also the 100 records in the second iteration. My question is will the batch process continue to process other records in the second iteration and also the third iteration.

2. Assume all the 3 iterations (execute method) completed without any error but some error occured in the Finish method. Finish method just sends an email. How does this work, considering that I am using Database.Insert and AllorNone parameter set to False. My understanding is that all the records will be committed to the database but user will not be receiving email that the batch was successfull or not. I am confused how this scenario will work in the real time.
  • September 05, 2016
I want put a trigger on contact. When ever a contact is created and Account is tied to it then I want to set custom field Acct_Industry__c to the value of the industry in the Account Object. 

I know it is basic scenario question but I am new to salesforce. Any help is appreciated. 
  • October 11, 2016