• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I need help and I am not sure on the best way to do it, or if it's even possible...

My Accounts have a 3 tier hierarchy, lets call it Grand Parent, Parent and Child. I have created a workflow that populates a lookup field on the Child record with the Grand Parent account. Then across numerous objects I have populated a lookup field with the same. This is so when you view the Grand Parent record, you can view all the child records against it on one page, Fantastic!! It works really well up until the point when the Parent may change.... If you were to move the Parent to a different Grand Parent account, becuase all the lookup fields are hard coded and require an edit on them all to change them, they all remain against the old Grand Parent record.

Is there anyway that when the Parent is changed, all the lookup fields in the child records can update to reflect the new Grand Parent?

urgent help needed!

Thanks

Matt
Hi All,

I want to add 5 days to today's date.
Example : Suppose i have a date field Collection_date__c which is having a date of 24th may 2017 and I am quering it today(19th May 2017). It should display this 24th Mau record.

Select Id, Collection_date__c from Custom_Object__c where Collection_date__c = today + 5;

Please Help

Thanks 
RD
  • May 19, 2017
Hi,

I am new to sfdc, i would like o update account object field based on opportunity object field values

below is my code what i tried but im getting error. - Error: Compile Error: Variable does not exist: ac at line 20 column 8

trigger Account on Opportunity (after update)
 {

if (Trigger.isUpdate)
 {

list<Account> acc = new list<Account>();

for(Opportunity opp: trigger.new)
{

Account ac = new Account();
ac.Status__c = opp.StageName;
if(opp.StageName == 'Closed Won')
{
ac.Status__c = 'Customer';
}
}

update ac;

}
}
I am getting "Variable does not exist: Name" for account object. For as far i know, for field "AccountName" field name is "Name". Then why i m getting this error. Please help.
Hi all 
i have to deploy  15 test classes into production.  
among these some are new and few are goint to overwirte the existing test classes. 
what are the steps to follow to deploy?? 

if i go throught he changesets
do i need to validate the test classes before deploy or directly can deploy? 

shall we expect any deployment errors

Hi,
In my quote object, if a checkbox field (compulsory present) is ticked, and if the status is converted to " Transacted", I need to take some specific barcode value ( can be used only once) in each quote. I have uploaded alll the provided barcodes in another object " Compulsory Barcode".

I was thinking to accomplish it through process builder, so i created the look up field between the two object ( kept the quote as child) and created the PB in quote object. But it didnot working.

May be its not able to decide, which barcode to pick from the list ? which we may need to specify?
I did as per below in the PB,
Now i have two field in quote, the 2nd one is the look up with custom object. and the first one is a texxt field where i need to see the barcode value ( e.g 1296589765544). In below i tried to refer from quote but its only referring to the ID/Name of the custom record as a look up.

User-added image

PB step 1 on Quote object:

Criteria : 
3rd one is, i have taken from the custom object , where the field " Not used" is false.( not ticked)
User-added image
Action :
Now i have to fill the look up field as well, else the other text field will not come. So, the reference ( 1st one) i got only record ID, in teh second , i refer to teh barcode value from the custom object.

User-added image
But , its not giving me any result. How it will decide whch record from the custom object it has to pick ? plz suggest
Now if i , manually filling the look up field, the barcode is coming through PB, but how to choose and update the look up field by PB ? thnx

User-added image

Hello,

I have a lookup field in the opportunity object which looks up a custom tab called "Targets". Depending on the fields:
1. "Start Month"
2. "Start Year" and
3. Stage= Closed Won

I choose the appropriate "Target Name". (Please see screenshots)

I do this manually and would like to automate it with a flow. Is there any kind of step by step guidance? Thank you.

User-added image

User-added image

Hi,

I need help and I am not sure on the best way to do it, or if it's even possible...

My Accounts have a 3 tier hierarchy, lets call it Grand Parent, Parent and Child. I have created a workflow that populates a lookup field on the Child record with the Grand Parent account. Then across numerous objects I have populated a lookup field with the same. This is so when you view the Grand Parent record, you can view all the child records against it on one page, Fantastic!! It works really well up until the point when the Parent may change.... If you were to move the Parent to a different Grand Parent account, becuase all the lookup fields are hard coded and require an edit on them all to change them, they all remain against the old Grand Parent record.

Is there anyway that when the Parent is changed, all the lookup fields in the child records can update to reflect the new Grand Parent?

urgent help needed!

Thanks

Matt