• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have 2 Custom Objects 'Job_Posting__c' and 'Employment_Website__c'.
'Employment_Website__c' is the master object and 'Job_Posting__c' is the child object of the Master Detail Relationship.

I want to write a Trigger so that whenever there is a change in a Field 'Price_Per_Post__c' of the 'Employment_Website__c' Object, the 'City__c' Field of all the related (Child) records gets changed to 'Atlanta'.

This is the code I wrote:

trigger ChangingChildValue on Employment_Website__c (after insert, after update) {
    Job_Posting__c JP = new Job_Posting__c();
    for (Employment_Website__c EMP : Trigger.old)
    {
        System.debug('Price Per Post' + EMP.Price_Per_Post__c);
        if(EMP.Price_Per_Post__c > 50){         
            JP.City__c = 'Pune';
        }

}
    update JP;
}

I am getting the below error when I change the Price Value and Save the parent record:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger ChangingChildValue caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: ChangingChildValue: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MISSING_ARGUMENT, Id not specified in an update call: []: Trigger.ChangingChildValue: line 11, column 1

I am new Development, any help would be really great. Thanks.

I have 2 Custom Objects 'Job_Posting__c' and 'Employment_Website__c'.
'Employment_Website__c' is the master object and 'Job_Posting__c' is the child object of the Master Detail Relationship.

I want to write a Trigger so that whenever there is a change in a Field 'Price_Per_Post__c' of the 'Employment_Website__c' Object, the 'City__c' Field of all the related (Child) records gets changed to 'Atlanta'.

This is the code I wrote:

trigger ChangingChildValue on Employment_Website__c (after insert, after update) {
    Job_Posting__c JP = new Job_Posting__c();
    for (Employment_Website__c EMP : Trigger.old)
    {
        System.debug('Price Per Post' + EMP.Price_Per_Post__c);
        if(EMP.Price_Per_Post__c > 50){         
            JP.City__c = 'Pune';
        }

}
    update JP;
}

I am getting the below error when I change the Price Value and Save the parent record:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger ChangingChildValue caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: ChangingChildValue: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MISSING_ARGUMENT, Id not specified in an update call: []: Trigger.ChangingChildValue: line 11, column 1

I am new Development, any help would be really great. Thanks.

how to use harddelete in datalodaer.plz tel steps