• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
It seems fast updates in a visual flow will fire workflows whose entry criteria are not met. Evaluation Criteria for the workflows are set as:
- Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria

The updates (changes) in the visual flow are not relevant to the criteria of those workflows.
Ie, the workflow actions (field updates and email alerts) are just fired by the visual flow updates as if the entry criteria of the workflows are ignored.

This seems to be a terrible BUG for visual flow or flow applications.

The following is a brief description of the visual flow in question:
- A screen element to collect lookup criteria, e.g. CreateDate, Status
- Fast lookup element based on the criteria to get a collection of the Sobject (say, case) and save Id and field_a
- Loop through the collection
- Assign {!$GlobalConstant.EmptyString} to field_a for each record in the loop. (this is to trigger some intended processes)
- Add the record in the loop to a collection object variable (Cases_ToBeUpdated)
- Use a counter in the loop to control the number of the records (say, 50 records) to be updated.
- If the counter reaches the limit (50 records) or when the loop ends, use Fast Update to update the collection object variable (Cases_ToBeUpdated).

The results are:
- field_a of the cases is updated
- Processes associated with field_a are fired as expected. These processes are not able to make any changes that may fire the problematic workflows.
- Workflows are fired even though the entry criteria are not met. (UNEXPECTED)
Hi,

There is a wait element in my flow. One event (Wait_0_Minute) in the wait element is defined to run on "Absolute Time", which is set as "{!$Flow.CurrentDateTime}". The purpose of the wait element is to split big transactions to smaller ones to avoid hitting governor limits. The flow works well in Sandbox as expected so we deployed it in the production. Generally, it also works well in production but yesterday noticed there was a pending interview in "Paused and Waiting Interviews". Usually, the interview should be removed in a minute as soon as it is resumed as the event is supposed to run at "{!$Flow.CurrentDateTime}". But the Paused Date shows the interview has been paused for 6-7 hours. Today, the same thing happened.
The following is observed:
- September 19, 2017
Paused Date: 9/19/2017 6:54 AM
Disappeared (resumed): Around 9/19/2017 1:00 PM~2:00 PM
- September 20, 2017
Paused Date: 9/20/2017 6:51 AM
Disappeared (resumed): Around 9/20/2017 1:00 PM~2:00 PM

At present, we don't have other flows creating interviews and only have a few time-based workflow actions. So it is unlikely to hit the limits of time-based triggers (1,000 per hour, 24,000 per day, 20,000 at a time).

Can anyone help explain why the delay happened?

Thanks!

• September 20, 2017
We want to know how to configure users to use a trusted certificate as the second factor of authentication, while SF user ID/password being the first factor. The client certificates are issued by a trusted CA and installed in the user's devices.

User login steps:
1. A user accessing login.salesforce.com via Salesforce 1
2. The user enters SF's user Id and Password
3. If succeeded, pop up a window for the user to select client certificate in the user's personal certificate store or skip the step if there is only one certificate in the store.
4. The user selects the right certificate or skipped if step 3 is skipped.
5. SF authenticates if the certificate is linked to the user
6. If succeeded, logs in the user.
  • September 12, 2016
It seems fast updates in a visual flow will fire workflows whose entry criteria are not met. Evaluation Criteria for the workflows are set as:
- Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria

The updates (changes) in the visual flow are not relevant to the criteria of those workflows.
Ie, the workflow actions (field updates and email alerts) are just fired by the visual flow updates as if the entry criteria of the workflows are ignored.

This seems to be a terrible BUG for visual flow or flow applications.

The following is a brief description of the visual flow in question:
- A screen element to collect lookup criteria, e.g. CreateDate, Status
- Fast lookup element based on the criteria to get a collection of the Sobject (say, case) and save Id and field_a
- Loop through the collection
- Assign {!$GlobalConstant.EmptyString} to field_a for each record in the loop. (this is to trigger some intended processes)
- Add the record in the loop to a collection object variable (Cases_ToBeUpdated)
- Use a counter in the loop to control the number of the records (say, 50 records) to be updated.
- If the counter reaches the limit (50 records) or when the loop ends, use Fast Update to update the collection object variable (Cases_ToBeUpdated).

The results are:
- field_a of the cases is updated
- Processes associated with field_a are fired as expected. These processes are not able to make any changes that may fire the problematic workflows.
- Workflows are fired even though the entry criteria are not met. (UNEXPECTED)
Hi,

There is a wait element in my flow. One event (Wait_0_Minute) in the wait element is defined to run on "Absolute Time", which is set as "{!$Flow.CurrentDateTime}". The purpose of the wait element is to split big transactions to smaller ones to avoid hitting governor limits. The flow works well in Sandbox as expected so we deployed it in the production. Generally, it also works well in production but yesterday noticed there was a pending interview in "Paused and Waiting Interviews". Usually, the interview should be removed in a minute as soon as it is resumed as the event is supposed to run at "{!$Flow.CurrentDateTime}". But the Paused Date shows the interview has been paused for 6-7 hours. Today, the same thing happened.
The following is observed:
- September 19, 2017
Paused Date: 9/19/2017 6:54 AM
Disappeared (resumed): Around 9/19/2017 1:00 PM~2:00 PM
- September 20, 2017
Paused Date: 9/20/2017 6:51 AM
Disappeared (resumed): Around 9/20/2017 1:00 PM~2:00 PM

At present, we don't have other flows creating interviews and only have a few time-based workflow actions. So it is unlikely to hit the limits of time-based triggers (1,000 per hour, 24,000 per day, 20,000 at a time).

Can anyone help explain why the delay happened?

Thanks!

• September 20, 2017
Hi,

I'm running into an issue where my shceduled actions are not completing as expected.

We have a custom object NPS_Survey__c which is fed data through a third party survey tool.
On create of a record several things happen using Process Builder.
  1. parse the survey into fields on the record using Flow to include
    • Survey End Date (date) = date survey submitted on
    • Last Day of Month (FF)
    • Last Day of Next Month (FF)
    • isCurrentMonth (checkbox) = True
    • isLastMonth (checkbox) = False
    • isCurrentYear (checkbox) = True
    • Last Day of Year (FF)
  2. schedule an action to update isCurrentMonth__c to False based on Last_Day_of_Month__c that gives last day of the month the record was created in
At the end of a given month, all of the NPS_Survey__c records created in that month are scheduled to be updated so that...
  1. isCurrentMonth__c = False
  2. isLastMonth__c = True.
At the end of the next month all of the NPS_Survey__c records are scheduled to be updated so that...
  1. isLastMonth__c = False
Finally, at the end of the Year all of the NPS_Survey__c records are scheduled to be updated so that...
  1. isCurrentYear = False
This process works for us however I believe we are hitting limits on the number of paused interviews etc.. and thousands of my records are not updating properly. Not quite sure how to tell if this is the case or not. 

In a given month we may recieve 2,500 to 4,000 new surveys which get added to the queue.

My understanding based on this article is that we are most certianly hitting the limits.
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=vpm_admin_flow_limits.htm&language=en_US

Looking for a way to verify what the root cause of the issue is and best practices on how to handle this type of operation using the visual workflow.

Thanks,

I am facing a strange issue in flows. I have created a flow which will create Pricebook, Product and Pricebookentry records. This flow is triggered when a flag is checked on the custom object, lets say X. This works fine when I update the flag manually on X, but when I run a bulk update, flow creates duplicate pricebook records though it should not as the first step in the flow should identify the existing pricebook (based on the account name in X object) and it should proceed to Create product step. Has anyone faced this issue or am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

User-added image