• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
HI all,

I'm tasked with creating an SSO solution. The client has a prior-existing Kentico CMS website, and we're building a Salesforce Community for them. They wish for users to be SSO'd in both places.

Our idea is to use their current Salesforce org as the identity provider and Kentico as the service provider. If the user tries to access a secure area in Kentico, they should get redirected to the community site login. After successful login, they should get redirected back to their originally-requested resource.

How well does this use case map to the built-in functionality in Salesforce? I've been playing around with the SSO settings in both Salesforce and Kentico, but I cannot acheive the desired result.

My thoughts are that I need to code an authentication redirect in Kentico that delivers the user to the community login page.

Any thoughts?
We have this problem too. We have a controller for user registration which is exhibiting two different problems:

1. We're using Site.createExternalUser (<user sObject>, <account ID>, <password>, <send email flag = false>). Despite setting the send email flag to false as per the documentation, an email is still sent to the user.
2. The email sent to the user after registration contains a link to the wrong community's login page.

The only workaround I can figure out is to send a custom email to the user, but the user is now receiving two emails upon registration. The one coming from Salesforce is incorrect and seemingly can't be disabled. The custom email is correct.

Any ideas?
I am new to salesforce. I have a community for my users in sandbox.Community is in the preview mode.The login to the community site is working just fine, i can login to the community with the test user's credentials.The problem is when a user forgets their password and tries to reset it. It sends an email to the user with the template assigned to the Forgot Password community setting. The email template includes the {!Community_URL} merge field. Ideally the email received contains a link to the page with some type of reset token as a parameter(your_community_domain/communitiy_name/login?c=TOKEN),and it should be redirected to the change password page. But When the user clicks on the above link, it gets redirected to the link (your_community_domain/communitiy_name/secur/forgotpassword.jsp?r=some token) which redirects to login page and thus there is no way for them to reset their password. Interesting thing is as community is in preview mode ideally it should not be sending any forgot password mails, but in this case it is sending mail with wrong url.

So what should I do to fix this issue? Any kind of help will be appreciated.Thanks.
I have a force.com site for my org's Customer portal access. The login page works fine but when customers try to reset their password using the force.com forgot password page (company.force.com/ForgotPassword) they do not receive any email. However if I use the standard Forgot Password page ()https://na3.salesforce.com/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=XXXXXXXXXX&portalId=XXXXXXXXXXX) it works.

This was working before for my org and stopped working all of a sudden. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have a site that I we have created that the forgot password link is not working.  When you put in the username and click submit, it just sits there.  The ForgotPassword Confirm page does not display nor does the email get sent.  This is the standard Forgot Password pages and controller that was built when the site was created so they are standard pages. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  This is an urgent project we are trying to roll and it's driving me insane.

Code for the page is here. 

<apex:page id="Registration" showHeader="false" controller="ForgotPasswordController" title="{!$Label.site.forgot_password}">

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.CP_Site_Resources, 'main.css')}"/>

<apex:composition template="CPSiteTemplate">

<apex:define name="body">

<div id="mainouter">

<div id="maininner" align="center">

<apex:form id="theForm" forceSSL="true">
                    <apex:panelGrid columns="2" style="margin-top:1em;">
                      <apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.site.username}" for="username"/>
                      <apex:inputText required="true" id="username" value="{!username}"/>
                      <apex:commandButton id="submit" value="{!$Label.site.submit}" action="{!forgotPassword}"/>
                    </apex:panelGrid>
                    </apex:form>                  
                   <!-- Closing maininner Div here -->
                </div>

<!-- closing mainouter Div here -->    
            </div>                     

</apex:define>

</apex:composition>

</apex:page>

/**
 * An apex page controller that exposes the site forgot password functionality
 */