• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We have a custom button in our Salesforce environment that links to a Visualforce page for creating a new related custom object record. I am looking for a way to restrict the record type options of the child object based on the parent object's record type. While I am not the one who designed the code, I have some basic understanding of Visualforce and Apex, and have made some modifications to our org's code in the past. 

Do you know the best way to go about this? Would this change be reflected in Visualforce or Apex?

VF Page
<apex:page name="Confirm Investigation" standardcontroller="case" extensions="CasetoAccountContactDDQ">
<style type="text/css">
    .pbTitle {
        white-space: nowrap;
    }
</style>
<script>
    function goCancel(){
        window.top.location='/{!case.id}';
    }
</script>
<apex:form >

<apex:pageMessages />
<apex:pageBlock title="Select DDQ Type" id="mainBlock">
       <apex:pageBlockButtons location="Bottom">
             <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" onclick="goCancel();return false;"/>  
            <apex:commandButton value="Send DDQ" action="{!createObjs}"   />      
       </apex:pageBlockButtons>
   <!--<apex:outputText value="{!newcase.AccountId}" style="font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;color:blue" />--->
       <br/>
       <apex:outputPanel >
           <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">

<apex:inputField value="{!dueDateCase.DDQ_Due_Date__c}"/>
           </apex:pageBlockSection>
       </apex:outputPanel>

<apex:outputPanel >
           &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
           <Strong>DDQ Type&nbsp;&nbsp;:&nbsp;&nbsp;</strong>
                      <apex:selectList value="{!selectedDDQType}" size="1" required="true">
               <apex:selectOptions value="{!DDQRecordTYpesSelect}"/>
           </apex:selectList>
       </apex:outputPanel>

<br/>
</apex:pageBlock>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<!--
<h2>Available DDQ Types</h2>
<br/>
<table style="font-size:15px;border: 1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;">
<thead>
<tr><th style="background:e0e3e5;border-right:1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;border-bottom:1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;">&nbsp;&nbsp;<Strong style="font-weight: bold !important;">Name</strong></th><th style="background:e0e3e5;border-bottom:1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;">&nbsp;&nbsp;<strong style="font-weight: bold !important;">Description</strong></th></tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<apex:repeat value="{!recordTypeList}" var="rt">

<tr><td style="border-right:1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;border-bottom:1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;">&nbsp;&nbsp;{!rt.name}&nbsp;&nbsp;</td><td style="border-bottom:1px solid hsl(252, 4%, 26%) !important;">&nbsp;&nbsp;{!rt.description}&nbsp;&nbsp;</td></tr>

</apex:repeat>
</tbody>
</table>
-->

</apex:form>
<style>
    .tbl{
        background: #f2f3f3;
        color: #000;
        font-size: .15em;
        font-weight: bold;
        border-bottom: 1px solid #e0e3e5;
    }
</style>

</apex:page>

Thanks,
Max

Hello,

Admin here so apologies for any inaccurate terminology on my part.

We have an Apex class with a @future tag that has been responsible for creating a scheduled apex class to change the ownership on a newly created record. This process for the most part has worked without a hitch, though recently we had a couple of snags we can't explain.

The first thing that happens is that while the Scheduled Apex class will be listed as "Completed" in the Apex Jobs Queue, that status will then change to "Aborted" the next time that apex class is called for a new record (which will itself be listed as "Completed" until the next job is called). This doesn't appear to affect functionality at all, but it somewhat strange.

The second thing that happens is that, out of the blue, an Apex job a few days ago got stuck at "Queued" for no particular reason and never fired(causing the ownership of the record to stay the same). By all accounts this hasn't happened before, and we have no idea what could have caused it since there wasn't really anything unusual with the record or the system going on at the time (we tried it again with an identical record and it worked perfectly). 

Any idea why this could be happening? We haven't encountered problems like this before and our development company is stumped. I'd be happy to provide Apex Code/Debug Logs if necessary.

Thank you,
Max
Hello,

I'm trying to find the specific stylesheet that Communities uses to format its CSS. According to the CommunitiesTemplate VF page, it's located within our Communities Force.com page. Do anyone know where I can find/view the CCS code itself? See below for the VF code referencing the stylesheet

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" id="CommunitiesTemplate">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Site.Prefix}/communities/CommunitiesStyles.css"/>
<apex:insert name="header"/>
<apex:insert name="body"/> <apex:insert name="footer"/>
</apex:page>

Thanks!
Max
Hello all,

Code-illiterate admin here, I'm trying to access a CSS file referenced within our Force.com Community. I'm just looking to change the color associated with our section heading, so once I find it it shouldn't be too hard.

Here's the VF Page "CommunitiesTemplate" that is being used in our Force.com site:
<apex:insert name="body"/>
<apex:insert name="footer"/>
/apex:page>

Do you have any idea how I can access/where I can find the CSS stylesheet "CommunitiesStyles.css" code itself and how I can alter it?

Thanks,
Max
Hello Developers,

Code illiterate Admin here. I'm trying to find the stylesheet that is used in our Community VF page made by a previous developer who we no longer work with. We would just like to edit the colors being used in css style and section headers so once I find it should be a simple fix. 

Here's the VF Page "CommunitiesTemplate" that is being used in our Force.com page:

From what I understand, it seems like this VF page is overlaying the overall template of our community page using a CommunitiesStyles.css stylesheet. However, I can't find CommunitiesStyles.css anywhere in my org's static resources. Do you have any idea where I could find it? I've tried looking at all the /css files and .zip files in the static resources and none of them seem to reference CommunitiesStyes.css at all.

Thanks for your help, sorry if this seems like a simple question. 
Max 
Hello Developers,

Code illiterate Admin here. I'm trying to find the stylesheet that is used in our Community VF page made by a previous developer who we no longer work with. We would just like to edit the colors being used in css style and section headers so once I find it should be a simple fix. 

Here's the VF Page "CommunitiesTemplate" that is being used in our Force.com page:

From what I understand, it seems like this VF page is overlaying the overall template of our community page using a CommunitiesStyles.css stylesheet. However, I can't find CommunitiesStyles.css anywhere in my org's static resources. Do you have any idea where I could find it? I've tried looking at all the /css files and .zip files in the static resources and none of them seem to reference CommunitiesStyes.css at all.

Thanks for your help, sorry if this seems like a simple question. 
Max