• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

I have created a field on a contact record that says in which country the contact is located - I have pulled it through from the companies billing address.  

The billing address is a free text field meaning there are spelling mistakes etc. where people have done bad data entry.  I want to now convert the field to a picklist to standardise which countries people can assign a contact against to avoid spelling mistakes etc.- this i know how to do.  

My problem though lies in converting the free text to a picklist that is spelt correctly without losing data.  Please see the screen shot to get a better idea what I am talking about - User-added image

You see that if I simply create a picklist there will be several different 'United Kingdoms' - what I need to do is have one picklist value for 'United Kingdom' which will be the text displayed on the contact record with all these mispellings as not to lose data.  

I feel I have described the problem quite badly but hopefully someone can help!

Kind regards,

Callum
Hi there,

I have a list of companies from a database on our website which are also in our salesforce (2400 of them).  I need to get their company ideas from salesforce using the export function on dataloader.io.  I obviously don't want to go through on the export screen and select every single one of the 2,400 companies using the filter as this will take forever (please see the screen shot below for a visual).  I'm wondering if there is a quick way I can get dataloader to recognise the 2,400 I want the ids for (I have a CSV file with all the companies from our website).  I hope this makes sense

User-added image

Thanks in advance,

Callum
Hi there,

We have a database on our website of various companies (around 2400).  These companies are also in our salesforce along with thousands of others.  I created a check box on a company record intended to mark the companies on the database we have on our website called 'on wesbite database'.  I can export a spread sheet of the website database and edit it so it just has the companies names.  I then want to upsert this onto salesforce in a way in which it will match company names on the excel sheet with those in salesforce and then populate the checkbox on the company record.  I hope the makes sense.

It will save a hell of alot of time on having to do it manually

Thanks in advance,

Callum
Hi guys

I've managed to successfully integrate most of an event app we have purchased called Bizzabo - what I've got it do to do is create event attendees, tickets etc. in SF... however it will only work when a contact already exists in SF.  The app has an upsert function where it should technically create a new contact in SF if the contact who has registered in the app does not exsist in SF already however the app is coming back with this error;

User-added image

I'm new to doing things in the backend of SF and have no training in it... would the fix require me to code etc.?

Thanks in advance

Callum
Hi all

Salesforce newbie coming through... I have just integrated an event registation app for my company which required me to build several new objects.  Now I want to be able to display some information related to my 'ticket' object within the events page in a column view.  This is how the events page looks at the moment (sorry its a bit small):
User-added image

What I want to do is under the ticket section on the events page is have the ticket holder's name next to the ticket type.  As shown by the below screenshot when you click into ticket that information is already contained within the ticket object, I just want it to be displayed in the level above if that makes sense.
User-added image

Thanks in advance :)
Hi there,

I have created a field on a contact record that says in which country the contact is located - I have pulled it through from the companies billing address.  

The billing address is a free text field meaning there are spelling mistakes etc. where people have done bad data entry.  I want to now convert the field to a picklist to standardise which countries people can assign a contact against to avoid spelling mistakes etc.- this i know how to do.  

My problem though lies in converting the free text to a picklist that is spelt correctly without losing data.  Please see the screen shot to get a better idea what I am talking about - User-added image

You see that if I simply create a picklist there will be several different 'United Kingdoms' - what I need to do is have one picklist value for 'United Kingdom' which will be the text displayed on the contact record with all these mispellings as not to lose data.  

I feel I have described the problem quite badly but hopefully someone can help!

Kind regards,

Callum
Hi there,

We have a database on our website of various companies (around 2400).  These companies are also in our salesforce along with thousands of others.  I created a check box on a company record intended to mark the companies on the database we have on our website called 'on wesbite database'.  I can export a spread sheet of the website database and edit it so it just has the companies names.  I then want to upsert this onto salesforce in a way in which it will match company names on the excel sheet with those in salesforce and then populate the checkbox on the company record.  I hope the makes sense.

It will save a hell of alot of time on having to do it manually

Thanks in advance,

Callum
Hi guys

I've managed to successfully integrate most of an event app we have purchased called Bizzabo - what I've got it do to do is create event attendees, tickets etc. in SF... however it will only work when a contact already exists in SF.  The app has an upsert function where it should technically create a new contact in SF if the contact who has registered in the app does not exsist in SF already however the app is coming back with this error;

User-added image

I'm new to doing things in the backend of SF and have no training in it... would the fix require me to code etc.?

Thanks in advance

Callum
Hi all

Salesforce newbie coming through... I have just integrated an event registation app for my company which required me to build several new objects.  Now I want to be able to display some information related to my 'ticket' object within the events page in a column view.  This is how the events page looks at the moment (sorry its a bit small):
User-added image

What I want to do is under the ticket section on the events page is have the ticket holder's name next to the ticket type.  As shown by the below screenshot when you click into ticket that information is already contained within the ticket object, I just want it to be displayed in the level above if that makes sense.
User-added image

Thanks in advance :)