• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom Onclick Java Script button that has some 'IF' statements with pop up messages and then executes a piece of Apex. I need transfer this to VF or lightning component too allow my users to carry out same action from SF1. I am not a developer and not in a position to get one so wondering if anyone out there can give help me out ?
I have a formula field (Avg__c) that calculates the average of 4 custom fields (Base_Q1__c, Base_Q2__c, etc....) .

Formula:
(IF(ISNULL(Base_Q1__c),Null,Base_Q1__c) + IF(ISNULL(Base_Q2__c),Null,Base_Q2__c)+IF(ISNULL(Base_Q3__c),Null,Base_Q3__c) +IF(ISNULL(Base_Q4__c),Null,Base_Q4__c))
/
(IF(ISNULL(Base_Q1__c),Null,1) + IF(ISNULL(Base_Q2__c),Null,1)+IF(ISNULL(Base_Q3__c),Null,1) + IF(ISNULL(Base_Q4__c),Null,1)
The problem is that I'm trying to establish a “running average” but it only calculates the average if all 4 custom fields (Base_Q1__c...) contain a value. If one of the 4 fields are blank, then the formula field will not calcuate anything.  I need it to calculate the average no matter how value are displayed or blank. 

WITH ALL 4 VALUES - AVG Calculates:
User-added image

WITHOUT ALL 4 VALUES - No AVG Calculation:
User-added image

Please help!!!