• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Greetings.

I'm looking to make a career change out of Mortgage Banking and have been told time and again that "coding" is the way to go.  So I started researching what sorts of coding I should be learning as a beginner-  Part of my research was to reach out to some of my contacts in Mortgage Banking to see what sorts of languages I should be learning if I want to get a developer job in the mortgage industry.  One contact suggested I complete these Salesforce Trailheads instead of learning HTML/CSS, etc.  So, I started the Trailheads, completing the Admin Beginner and Intermediate Trails fairly easily.  Next I started the Developer Beginner Trail and, of course, have been confronted with Apex, which I know nothing about.  A few additional searches later and I found out that I should learn Javascript before learning Apex.  I'm not sure how long Javascript would take to learn, but it seems like Apex is another several months on top of it.

The whole purpose of starting the Salesforce Trailhead was to learn a new skill in a reasonable amount of time so I can get out of my industry, hopefully within 6 months. Now I'm confronted with need to learn multiple new web languages and additional months of training for something that may not yield a new career anyways.

I'm wondering if anybody has completed all of the Trailheads as a beginner (no previous coding experience) and how long it took. If I have to learn multiple web languages before being able to complete the Trailheads, then I have to decide whether to cut my losses and try something else or what other languages I should try to learn and how.  I'm also wondering if anybody completing these trails is a noob like me or if Trailheads is geared towards people that are already Salesforce Admins/Developers and I've wasted a bunch of time on this.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Greetings.

I'm looking to make a career change out of Mortgage Banking and have been told time and again that "coding" is the way to go.  So I started researching what sorts of coding I should be learning as a beginner-  Part of my research was to reach out to some of my contacts in Mortgage Banking to see what sorts of languages I should be learning if I want to get a developer job in the mortgage industry.  One contact suggested I complete these Salesforce Trailheads instead of learning HTML/CSS, etc.  So, I started the Trailheads, completing the Admin Beginner and Intermediate Trails fairly easily.  Next I started the Developer Beginner Trail and, of course, have been confronted with Apex, which I know nothing about.  A few additional searches later and I found out that I should learn Javascript before learning Apex.  I'm not sure how long Javascript would take to learn, but it seems like Apex is another several months on top of it.

The whole purpose of starting the Salesforce Trailhead was to learn a new skill in a reasonable amount of time so I can get out of my industry, hopefully within 6 months. Now I'm confronted with need to learn multiple new web languages and additional months of training for something that may not yield a new career anyways.

I'm wondering if anybody has completed all of the Trailheads as a beginner (no previous coding experience) and how long it took. If I have to learn multiple web languages before being able to complete the Trailheads, then I have to decide whether to cut my losses and try something else or what other languages I should try to learn and how.  I'm also wondering if anybody completing these trails is a noob like me or if Trailheads is geared towards people that are already Salesforce Admins/Developers and I've wasted a bunch of time on this.

Any input is greatly appreciated.