• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This exception usually happens when a batch is being run or alerts are coming into our Salesforce instance too quickly. When inserting a case, we try to lock down the contact and account associated with the case before inserting the case to prevent the 'UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW' exception from happening.

Here is the exact exception:
'System.QueryException: Record Currently Unavailable: The record you are attempting to edit, or one of its related records, is currently being modified by another user. Please try again.'
Class.Utility.DoCaseInsertion: line 98, column 1

I've done a lot of research on the 'UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW' exception and 'Record Currently Unavailable' exception and I can't seem to find a great solution to this issue.

What I've tried to accomplish is a loop to attempt the insert 10 times, but I'm still getting the 'Record Currently Unavailable' exception. Does anyone else have a suggestion for this?

Below is the code:

Public static void DoCaseInsertion(case myCase) { try { insert myCase; } catch (System.DmlException ex) { boolean repeat = true; integer cnt = 0; while (repeat && cnt < 10) { try { repeat = false; List<Contact> contactList = [select id from Contact where id =: myCase.ContactId for update]; // Added for related contact to overcome the 'UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW issues' List<Account> accountList = [select id from Account where id =: myCase.AccountId for update]; // Added for related account to overcome the 'UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW issues' insert myCase; } catch (System.DmlException e) { repeat = true; cnt++; } } } }
  • February 03, 2017