• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,
We are trying to identify possible areas of batchable class being errorring out or failing. Sometimes batch jobs may fail in one environment and in other places it may not. So it is situational , but forecasting or giving guess analysis of areas of failure based on code is possible? If, so which are those areas of code to look for or identify ?

NOTE:Any old logs are not available to check for previously occured errors

How to implement map between Case and case share in salesforce ?
NOTE:if cases are shared to particular public group I don't want to re-share them to the groups, if not it should be share .Can any one please assist in validation of this using a map?
I have a batchable class using which I am sharing groups to cases based on criteria. While I perform this I realize that I will need to fetch the cases
and perform a validation to check which of the cases have sharing already and which do not have. After which I will share groups only to cases which do not have the sharing. How do we achieve this using batch apex?
I have a list of old records open and closed on which there is no sharing (these records are old requests that I want to share with groups) . How can I achieve this using apex code?
I have a list of old records open and closed on which there is no sharing (these records are old requests that I want to share with groups) . How can I achieve this using apex code?

Hi,
We are trying to identify possible areas of batchable class being errorring out or failing. Sometimes batch jobs may fail in one environment and in other places it may not. So it is situational , but forecasting or giving guess analysis of areas of failure based on code is possible? If, so which are those areas of code to look for or identify ?

NOTE:Any old logs are not available to check for previously occured errors

How to implement map between Case and case share in salesforce ?
NOTE:if cases are shared to particular public group I don't want to re-share them to the groups, if not it should be share .Can any one please assist in validation of this using a map?
I have a batchable class using which I am sharing groups to cases based on criteria. While I perform this I realize that I will need to fetch the cases
and perform a validation to check which of the cases have sharing already and which do not have. After which I will share groups only to cases which do not have the sharing. How do we achieve this using batch apex?

Hello,

I know it seems like a dumb question but I'm trying to familiarize myself with testing apex code with apex language.  

I am unsure when to use system.assertequals(x,y), system.assert(condition) and system.assertnotequals(x,y) and I have noticed it being used quite a bit.  I've looked at the user guide and and this link http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Apex_Code_Test_Methods, but still require more of a plain english explanation on when and why these methods are used.

Can anyone help me on this.

Much thanks!