• Consleague

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I need assistance with a validation please.
The validation rule must fire, only when (1) criteria are met on a newly created records, or when any one of (2) two fields are changed, but not when the (2) two fields are both zero. It works fine on edited records, but not for new records. On new records the validation rule fires irrespective of whether the criteria are met

(1) AND(AND(RecordType.Name <> 'abc', 
RecordType.Name <> 'def', 
RecordType.Name <> 'gh', 
RecordType.Name <> 'ijk', 
RecordType.Name <> 'lmn') , 
Insured_Value_Accepted__c = False,
(OR(Insured_Value__c >= (RetailValue__c + ( RetailValue__c *10/100)), 
Insured_Value__c <= (RetailValue__c - ( RetailValue__c *10/100))
)))

(2) Insured_Value__c & RetailValue__c

My validation rule:
IF(AND( Insured_Value__c = 0, RetailValue__c = 0),
 False,
 IF( OR(ISCHANGED(Insured_Value__c),ISCHANGED(RetailValue__c),  ISNEW()) ,
  IF(AND(AND(RecordType.Name <> 'abc', 
RecordType.Name <> 'gh', 
))), True, False) ,
 false) )

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,
I need assistance with a validation please.
The validation rule must fire, only when (1) criteria are met on a newly created records, or when any one of (2) two fields are changed, but not when the (2) two fields are both zero. It works fine on edited records, but not for new records. On new records the validation rule fires irrespective of whether the criteria are met

(1) AND(AND(RecordType.Name <> 'abc', 
RecordType.Name <> 'gh', 
)))

(2) Insured_Value__c & RetailValue__c

My validation rule:
IF(AND( Insured_Value__c = 0, RetailValue__c = 0),
 False,
 IF( OR(ISCHANGED(Insured_Value__c),ISCHANGED(RetailValue__c),  ISNEW()) ,
  IF(AND(AND(RecordType.Name <> 'abc', 
RecordType.Name <> 'gh', 
))), True, False) ,
 false) )

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
I am currently trying to create a formula that will include a time interval, meaning I want to identify the accounts that have been active between 2 and 5 years from today. Is that possible? If so, how? (i.e. for the time between today and two years ago, it'd be TODAY()+730, but how do I set it for TODAY()+730 until TODAY()+1825?)

Hi,
I want to create a validation rule on datetime field where datetime should be accepted for the date -30 days from today to today.

Can someone please help me with it?
I tried using Datetimevalue(NOW()) and Datetimevalue(NOW()-30) , which is not working . Also tried with TODAY() instead of NOW().

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a workflow process that will send me and a few other admins an email when the number of cases for a certain location hits 7 within 7 days.  I was looking at this, and it seems to be somewhat close to what I am tring to do, but not quite.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Thank you!
This field is a meeting time, Date/Time type: ideally I would like it to say Monday, January 1st at 12:00 PM but not sure if that's possible with the added "th" and "at" text. If that is not possible, help with the formula for the below example would be great.

Example: The field currently says 7/7/2016 3:00 PM. I want it to say Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:00 PM

Let me know if there is any questions I can answer to help this process. I'm new to the formula part of Salesforce so a thorogh explaination on how to set this up is greatly appretiated.
The use case I'm working with has our customer accounts going through multiple stages notated by the Stage__c picklist field. Each stage can have multiple requirements stored as records in a related child object called Requirements.

My end goal is to have a formula field called "Current Stage Progression" which displays a percentage value based on the number of completed/validated requirements over the total number of requirements that must be completed before the Account's stage can progress.

I already have two separate number fields (for each Stage in the Account) using a custom lookup relationship Roll-up Summary piece to count the number of Validated or total Requirements in the child object and then store the values in the respective number fields (the "Count_of_Stage_X_VReqs__C" fields found in the formula below).

This Roll-up Counting + Number field piece is working and I've verified that it's delivering accurate values to the number fields, however my Formula to calculate the percentages is returning a "#Error!" value in the formula regardless of the number values it is supposedly working with. The result is the same regardless of how I treat zeroes (as zero or blank). In my test account it has two requirements for the stage and 1 validated requirement meaning the formula should display "50.00%" but instead returns the error.

The formula is like follows:

CASE(Stage__c,

"3",
 ( Count_of_Stage_3_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_3_Reqs__c ),

"4",
 ( Count_of_Stage_4_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_4_Reqs__c ),

"5",
 ( Count_of_Stage_5_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_5_Reqs__c ),

"6",
 ( Count_of_Stage_6_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_6_Reqs__c ),

"7",
 ( Count_of_Stage_7_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_7_Reqs__c ),

"8",
 ( Count_of_Stage_8_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_8_Reqs__c ),

"9",
 ( Count_of_Stage_9_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_9_Reqs__c ),

"10",
 ( Count_of_Stage_10_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Stage_10_Reqs__c ),

"Service",
 ( Count_of_Service_Stage_VReqs__c /  Count_of_Service_Stage_Reqs__c )

0)
I expect the issue is a small detail I'm missing, but I'm missing it regardless. Any help would be appreciated.
I want to Prevent sales users (profile: Sales Rep) from modifying the 'Discount' field in opportunity record when the 'Sales Stage' has reached Negotiation/Review. But I would like sales managers (profile: Sales Mgr) to be able to edit the opportuntiy for any changes.

I believe it is possible through Validation Rule on Opportunity object but not able to come up with the right formula. Please let me help structure the VR.
Also can I achieve this using Field Level Security or Workflow rule ??
Good day,

We have a validation rule set up that does not allow a picklist field to go "backwards", and it only allows the system administrator profile to change the field. I would like to add another profile to the rule that can move the field "backwards" as well.

I added the second profile ID to the code, and it is giving me this error: Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'
What am I doing wrong?

IF (NOT ( ISPICKVAL(StageName__c, "Closed Lost")),
(
CASE(StageName__c , 
"Activity",1, 
"Application",2, 
"Decision",3, 
"Final",4, 
"Closed Lost",1,0) 
< 
CASE(PRIORVALUE(StageName__c) , 
"Activity",1, 
"Application",2, 
"Decision",3, 
"Final",4, 
"Closed Lost",1,0)
),False)
&& (NOT($User.ProfileId="00eE0000000v6Qq",$User.ProfileId="00eE0000000Nw8V"))

Hi friends,

My Scenario is  :

When a user submitts a record for approval. The the owner of the record should be changed.

It means that "AB" is the  current record owner and he submits for approval for "CD". Then the Owner field on the record should be
changed to "CD".

I need the record owner fields to updated by the approver who approves the record.

I tried using workflow field update which changes the owner name. But i need to specify the user in field update.
If it is assigned to approval for a different user then how to update then....?

Attached is the screenshot of field update.

User-added image

How can i achieve this friends.

Will i need to code or can this be achieved using standard functionalities

Any help friends..!

• May 11, 2016
I would like to connect two fields, one in Accounts, and the other in Opportunity. So if I change the opportunity field, I will have the same changed value in the Account field, and vice versa. I would like to do this with two picklists. Please help.
Hello,

I am trying to implement Processes and visual flows in my organisation but i need to have "does not contain" operator in the flows.
It is not shown in the list. That could be a big problem if i am not able to use it.
Any ideas somehow to replace it?

Regards,
Ivo