• 95 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm working on the Trailhead "Build a Community with Knowledge and Chat" because I really want to learn how to use the Chat Snap ins for communitites. I'm getting stuck on the "Create a Chat Snap-in" section. It says to go to the Visualforce pages and copy just the beginning of the address which is https://c.na35.visual.force.com/apex/CommunitiesTemplate. So I am copying  https://c.na35.visual.force.com. Then it says to create a new CORS with this copied address. However, when I copy this into the new CORS original URL pattern then it will not save. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I can't move forward without this step and I really want to learn how to do this. Thank you!
I want to compare the value in a collection - 

Example - "colorCollection" is a collection variable with values which are {Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow} then update the field "color" should be updated with the common color in that was in the collection, in this case, it should be Yellow
                 Now if the values in the collection are not the same, where "colorCollection" is {Blue, Green} the "color" field should be updated with the value mixed 

I tried to loop through the list but I am not able to compare the previous value with the next value. Any suggestions?

In controlling access to records module(Data Security), one of the sharing model mentioned is "controlled by parent" and the description mentioned is:

"A user can perform an action (such as view, edit, or delete) on a contact based on whether he or she can perform that same action on the record associated with it". 

How is this set up? And in which situation is this applicable?
I want to compare the value in a collection - 

Example - "colorCollection" is a collection variable with values which are {Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow} then update the field "color" should be updated with the common color in that was in the collection, in this case, it should be Yellow
                 Now if the values in the collection are not the same, where "colorCollection" is {Blue, Green} the "color" field should be updated with the value mixed 

I tried to loop through the list but I am not able to compare the previous value with the next value. Any suggestions?

I'm working on the Trailhead "Build a Community with Knowledge and Chat" because I really want to learn how to use the Chat Snap ins for communitites. I'm getting stuck on the "Create a Chat Snap-in" section. It says to go to the Visualforce pages and copy just the beginning of the address which is https://c.na35.visual.force.com/apex/CommunitiesTemplate. So I am copying  https://c.na35.visual.force.com. Then it says to create a new CORS with this copied address. However, when I copy this into the new CORS original URL pattern then it will not save. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I can't move forward without this step and I really want to learn how to do this. Thank you!
I am trying to complete the Trailhead Module "Data Security: Controlling Access to Fields"

Create a Profile and Permission Set to properly handle field access

The Marketing Coordinator and Account Manager both require access to view and update Account Records, but only the Account Manager should be able to see and edit certain fields. Specifically, only the Account Manager should be able to see and edit the Rating field. The Marketing Coordinator should not be able to see or edit the Rating field. Create one profile and one permission set with the appropriate field-level security to solve for this use case.The profile must be named 'Basic Account User' and result in an API name of 'Basic_Account_User'. It should use the 'Salesforce' user license type.
The permission set must be named ‘Account Rating’ and result in an API name of 'Account_Rating'.

This is driving me absolutely insane.  

I created a custom profile named Basic Account User, it is Read on the Account Object and the Rating field is unchecked for both Read and Edit.  
I created a permission set named Account Rating, it is Read & Edit on the Account Object and the Rating field is checked for both Read & Edit.  
I have both the profile and permission set assigned to the other user in my Dev Org.  I logged in as this user and the permission set is functioning as expected.  With the permission set he can see and edit the rating field, without the permission set he can't see it at all.

Yet I keep receiving the "The 'Basic Account User' profile did not have the appropriate object and field-level security for the Account object" error message.

What am I missing? I have tried every conceivable combination.
Choosing the profile picture in the developer community salesforce, the picture that we upload is uploading blurred.

I have tried uploading 2mb to 8mb, but still blurred.

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.