• Software Engineer
  • Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
HI, we have a private chatter group based on Account Feed Tracking with a few members added. However we would like to be able to make any Account  records posted to the group invisible to all members except the Account Owner.

Is there any way to do this?   (I have the triggers doing feed posts to the group already with FeedItem object. I just need to direct them to the Account Owner only).

Thanks much for any advice or suggestions.
I'm creating a custom chatter component for the Event report page.
But i don't want the chatter component to track/display feed for the Event object,
i want the custome chatter component to track/display feed for a different custom object and i'm having some trouble doing this.  

Component code: 

<aura:component controller="EventLightningController" implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" >
    <aura:attribute name="recordId" type="String" />
    <aura:attribute name="EventDetail" type="EventDetail__c" />
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" /> 
    <aura:attribute name="eventDetailID" type="Id" default="{!v.EventDetail.Id}"/>   
    <!-- prints a100k0000008hnaAAA -->
    <p><ui:outputRichText value="{!v.eventDetailID}" /> </p>    
    <!-- using Event obj ID works -->
    <forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="{!v.recordId}" />
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="{!v.recordId}"/> 
    <!-- hard coding works -->
    <forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="a100k0000008hnaAAA" />
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="a100k0000008hnaAAA"/> 
    <!-- Custom object id not working?? -->                                            
    <forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="{!v.eventDetailID}" />
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="{!v.eventDetailID}"/> 
</aura:component>

Thank in advance!
  • June 01, 2017
Hey, all -

I am creating an Apex helper class to generate Chatter FeedElements, and I would like to allow the calling method to specify whether the element allows Likes.  According to the documentation, this is determined by whether the element Capabilities include the ChatterLikesCapability class. 

Fair enough, except that the actual FeedElementCapabilitiesInput does not contain a property for ChatterLikes, nor is there a subclass of the FeedElementCapabilitiesInput Class for ChatterLikes.  There are other capabilities that are in the Output class but not the Input class, as well.  How are these set, if not through the Input class?

Thanks,
Doug
HI, we have a private chatter group based on Account Feed Tracking with a few members added. However we would like to be able to make any Account  records posted to the group invisible to all members except the Account Owner.

Is there any way to do this?   (I have the triggers doing feed posts to the group already with FeedItem object. I just need to direct them to the Account Owner only).

Thanks much for any advice or suggestions.
I'm creating a custom chatter component for the Event report page.
But i don't want the chatter component to track/display feed for the Event object,
i want the custome chatter component to track/display feed for a different custom object and i'm having some trouble doing this.  

Component code: 

<aura:component controller="EventLightningController" implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" >
    <aura:attribute name="recordId" type="String" />
    <aura:attribute name="EventDetail" type="EventDetail__c" />
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" /> 
    <aura:attribute name="eventDetailID" type="Id" default="{!v.EventDetail.Id}"/>   
    <!-- prints a100k0000008hnaAAA -->
    <p><ui:outputRichText value="{!v.eventDetailID}" /> </p>    
    <!-- using Event obj ID works -->
    <forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="{!v.recordId}" />
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="{!v.recordId}"/> 
    <!-- hard coding works -->
    <forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="a100k0000008hnaAAA" />
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="a100k0000008hnaAAA"/> 
    <!-- Custom object id not working?? -->                                            
    <forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="{!v.eventDetailID}" />
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="{!v.eventDetailID}"/> 
</aura:component>

Thank in advance!
  • June 01, 2017
Hey, all -

I am creating an Apex helper class to generate Chatter FeedElements, and I would like to allow the calling method to specify whether the element allows Likes.  According to the documentation, this is determined by whether the element Capabilities include the ChatterLikesCapability class. 

Fair enough, except that the actual FeedElementCapabilitiesInput does not contain a property for ChatterLikes, nor is there a subclass of the FeedElementCapabilitiesInput Class for ChatterLikes.  There are other capabilities that are in the Output class but not the Input class, as well.  How are these set, if not through the Input class?

Thanks,
Doug