• Performance & Design Lead
  • J.M. Wilson

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using the Salesforce API with PHP to connect using the WSDL downloaded from the Salesforce instance and an error is received that it could not connect to host test.salesforce.com. This is not a login failure, as that would get a different error and we can run this same code from a different network and gain access.

The error seems to be that enterprise.soap.sforce.com does not have a DNS entry that it can resolve to find the host IP. Are there any modifications we can make to the WSDL or the environment to allow our system to successfully find enterprise.soap.sforce.com? We know this isn't a firewall issue and we know this works from a network that can successfully resolve the enterprise.soap.sforce.com address.

Given that, I'd say we're looking for what could be changed to allow this to function given the lack of DNS resolution. Could we replace the reference to enterprise.soap.sforce.com with an IP address in the WSDL or add an entry to the HOSTS file?
  • April 20, 2020

Hello!

I set up a process in process builder to execute fire tasks on a schedule. The process criteria is when a case is created or edited and the individual criteria node is when the status equals "Ready for Call" and does not equal "Closed - Completed". The actions are only executed when the specified actions are made to the record. The schedule is based 0 hours after a formula date field that calculates the next business day.

The scheduled actions work, but when I change the status to "Closed - Completed" the actions are still firing, even though the criteria is not met. This seems to be in contradiction to this documentation from salesforce:

For processes that are set to run when a record is created or edited, scheduled actions remain in the queue only as long as the criteria for those actions are still valid. If a record no longer matches the criteria, Salesforce removes the scheduled actions for that record from the queue.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=process_limits_scheduled.htm&language=en_US

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi there,

This is driving me crazy!

I am new to Salesforce, and I want to know how to prevent a user, say John Smith, who owns a record, say an opportunity, from transfering his record to another user. In other words, I don't want this user to see the link [change] next to the owner name, which is his name.
User-added image
I tried every possible combination without success:
- Field-Level security does not allow me to change to Read-Only
- Page Layout: Read-Only checked and Read-Only unchecked both give the sanme result: [change]  is still visible, 
- Profile permissions, I am using Standard User: the Transfer Record permission is unchked, Modify All Data also unchecked.
- No Permission Set given to t his user

The owner field ALWAYS shows the [change] link next to it, and the user can change the owner field.

Any solution?

Thanks.

• June 14, 2016