• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone,

I have a flat file csv which contains Account, Contact and Custom related object details from external application. Only one external ID is present in the flat file to represent unique Account from external application. Question is, how to automate to upsert account, related contacts and related custom objects using Data loader command line utility. Close to a million records are there in the csv file. There is no salesforce relationship id's such as accountid, contactid, etc are available in the csv file.

Appreciate your help!!

I am batching the data loader to do upserts to five objects, using external IDs that need to be unique so that I can make sure to reference the same salesforce records every time I run the upsert, since each time, some of the records will have some different values.

The problem I'm having is that sometimes the records are updated when a match is found that already exists, and sometimes it gives me the error "duplicate value found". It's about a 50/50 split between the outcome that I want and the error messages. In theory, I shouldn't ever get any error messages when I re-run the upsert, since it should just update the records to the new values.

Removing the unique restriction on the external ID is not an option for me, as it just defeats the purpose of me using one completely if more than one record can have it.

I haven't been able to find anything so far, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.